Blue Bayou worth it?

Mawg

It's somewhere between amazing and just OK. But the ambiance it what people dine here for. It's one of the most popular restaurants in Disneyland. Worth the experience.

westie

Its overpriced, the food is so-so, its noisy, the tables are to close together and kids run all over the place like its an attraction instead of a restaurant. Unless your lucky enough to sit up front where the boats go by I'd save my money for steakhouse 55 or carthay circle.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland is really lacking in good table service options, but the fantastic quick service options compensate (IMO). Blue Bayou is sold as an experience and it's one that has been diminished in recent years and the price point is kind of ridiculous. For a similar (but still higher) price you can eat at Steakhouse 55 or even Napa Rose and enjoy actual fine dining.

Carthay Circle does nothing for me. Overpriced, small portions, mostly unimaginative food and service that can only be described as inadequate. The lounge is quite nice though.

dweezil78

If you've never been before, absolutely. Would recommend lunch over dinner, I think the menu is better.

You are mostly paying for ambiance, but the food isn't terrible.

As others have said though, you'll get a much better meal out of Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 for a little bit more.

Also, IMO, Storytellers Cafe is the best hidden gem on property for a solid table service lunch in close proximity to the parks. Almost always a table available at lunch time, good food, and reasonably priced!

Animaniac93-98

I say it's worth doing once if you've never done it before. But go at lunch to save some money and get a mid-day break.

For all the price increases and menu changes, there's still something genuinely "special" about the enviroment.

180º

Eat at Blue Bayou for lunch, share a Monte Cristo (extra plate, not split plate). More than enough food for two, and it's a better value than anything else in the resort, especially overpriced QS restaurants. The rest of you aren't doing it right. ;)

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Go for it! I love it there, but I have only ever been for lunch. Have yet to try to the dinner menu.

If you don't mind waiting extra time, when you arrive request a table by the water. I always book a reservation right at opening time for the restaurant, for a better chance at getting waterside table. It's worked out so far.

If you don't eat here, I would recommend that you at least try Cafe Orleans, another TS, across the way in New Orleans Square. The Pomme Frites and the Chicken Gumbo Crepes are really good!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Eat at Blue Bayou for lunch, share a Monte Cristo (extra plate, not split plate). More than enough food for two, and it's a better value than anything else in the resort, especially overpriced QS restaurants. The rest of you aren't doing it right. ;)

One can get the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans for cheaper... Who's not doing it right now?:cool:

180º

One can get the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans for cheaper... Who's not doing it right now?:cool:
Café Orleans is great, but you don't get an appetizer or endless bread and butter. From my experience, at Café Orleans, it doesn't go as far between two people. And it's a difference of a few dollars.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Café Orleans is great, but you don't get an appetizer or endless bread and butter. From my experience, at Café Orleans, it doesn't go as far between two people. And it's a difference of a few dollars.

It's not a few dollars, it's at least $10+ dollars. And I find bread and butter along with a Monte Cristo redundant. Also, I don't know anyone who'd be cool splitting a Monte Cristo lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom