If Disney World and Universal were to close ...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Just one place? Not sure about that. In the past, we've done two week trips around a region of the US. The first trip, we went from Dollywood, to Kentucky Kingdom, to Holiday World, to Six Flags Great America, to Michigan's Adventure, to Kings Island, to Cedar Point, to Geauga Lake (when it still had dry rides), to Kennywood, to Lakemont Park (Making great use of a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass). Another year, we went from Six Flags Great Adventure, to Lake Compounce, to Six Flags New England, to La Ronde, to Canada's Wonderland, to Darien Lake (through Niagra Falls), to Knoebels.

OSUgirl77

Just one place? Not sure about that. In the past, we've done two week trips around a region of the US. The first trip, we went from Dollywood, to Kentucky Kingdom, to Holiday World, to Six Flags Great America, to Michigan's Adventure, to Kings Island, to Cedar Point, to Geauga Lake (when it still had dry rides), to Kennywood, to Lakemont Park (Making great use of a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass). Another year, we went from Six Flags Great Adventure, to Lake Compounce, to Six Flags New England, to La Ronde, to Canada's Wonderland, to Darien Lake (through Niagra Falls), to Knoebels.
Poor Geauga Lake. So sad what happened to it and Sea World.

Goofyernmost

Morningstar Resort, St Thomas USVI
Mount Cinnamon Resort, Grenada
Ocean City, Maryland
Lake George, NY

So many beautiful destinations...so few vacations.
You had me until Lake George. I have traveled through Lake George more times then I can possible remember and frankly, nothing ever wanted to make me stop. I was even tempted to drive through red lights just to get away from the place. But, to each his own I guess.;)

OSUgirl77

I was talking about it the other day, wasn't too far from Pittsburgh !!!! I still miss going there.
Yep, I just shared an article about it on Facebook a few days ago. Grew up going there, Cedar Point and Kennywood. It sounds like we grew up close by one another (although I was on the Ohio side of the river :)).

EOD K9

It's actually spelled & pronounced Ober Gatlinburg. Nice ski resort in the winter. Fun outdoor activities during the other seasons.

Am literally looking at their tram depot sign as I type this.
I was there in 2008 and it was Über Gatlinburg. Über being the German word for over, and based on its location, it was over Gatlinburg.

draybook

I think I'd finally get around to my famous brothels of the wild west tour. Also, I'd like to see which 7-11 makes the best Coca-Cola slurpee.

Weeze-the-juice_zps7velxkdb.jpg

yedliW

I went to Peru with a friend several years ago, it was a lot of fun. It got me wanting to see more of the world.. I have a goal to get to all 50 states (I'm at 28 so far.. airport layovers don't count, unless you leave the terminal)

I'd love to see Stone Henge.. the Pyramids.. the Great Wall.. Australia..

Another thing I'd love to do is get to a game in all 30 MLB stadiums..

copcarguyp71

You had me until Lake George. I have traveled through Lake George more times then I can possible remember and frankly, nothing ever wanted to make me stop. I was even tempted to drive through red lights just to get away from the place. But, to each his own I guess.;)

When we used to have our trailer there is a fantastic RV resort there that even has an adult lounge (no kids) with a huge TV, pool tables and leather couches. Trolley service all around the resort, three pools two arcades and a cabaret where they have shows on the weekends...one of the swankiest places we ever camped...but to each their own.

Goofyernmost

When I was young I wanted to travel the world and started out fairly well. Before I got out of College I had been to most of the eastern seaboard states, Canada, of course since I lived practically on the border, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and England. Then while in the USAF, I got to see Hawaii, Guam, South Vietnam, Osaka and Tokyo, Japan, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington. All toll I have been to 38 of the 50 states plus the Bahama's. After I married we got to go to Florida often, Maine almost all the time, Boston, Colorado Springs, Co., New Orleans, La., Myrtle Beach, SC, Virginia, Beach, Va. and a few other random New England states and at least 4 Canadian provinces.

Since my divorce, I have been numerous times to Florida, The keys, both coasts, Savanna, Charleston, SC (Fort Sumter, Gettysburg, Anaheim, Las Vegas, (and the Hoover Dam). I know there are other places, but, I cannot remember them at the moment.

Now I limit myself mostly to Florida. I just don't have the travel bug anymore. I, due to a request from my sister to accompany her to Europe in October, will be revisiting Paris, (plus Disneyland Paris), Rome with side trips to Pisa and Florence, Pompeii and Venice, Barcelona Spain then a transatlantic cruise back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I will constitute the longest "vacation" type trip I have ever taken. I'm looking forward to it, but, I'm not exactly ecstatic about it. Just to old and lacking in youthful energy, I guess.

Last edited:

ImagineerDude

Wait, if Disney/Uni closed and were deserted I would most definitely be exploring them. Wouldn't have to be worried about getting banned for life then :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom