The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Anyone watch the Bruce Jenner/Diane Sawyer interview?

I watched the Jays get pounded by the Rays instead. Shut it off at 2-12, and watched Wednesday's Survivor with Tammy.
Nope. Was suffering watching the O's game. Problem is that you can't change the channel when it's happening right in front of you.

And there are some things you cannot unsee...like a really heavy guy in tights, a mask, and a cape, and no shirt dancing with the Oriole bird. :eek:

And then I got home, and he reappeared in my FB news feed, so I got a reminder, and now I really cannot unsee it. :facepalm:

Warning: If you click the link, there will be no unseeing.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/04/25...rId=as_mlb_20150425_44663206&short_code=2vg5e

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Gabe1, and @MinnieM123, here are some more pics of The Rise School of Austin lobby tile mosaic by Chicago-based artist Tracy Van Duinen... :)

View attachment 90770
View attachment 90771
View attachment 90772
View attachment 90773

ETA: Sorry, should be mosaicS. The one of the sun is still in the lobby, but, obviously along the stairway...! :oops: :)

Incredible!! :joyfull: And, do you know that my first thought was "Disney" when I saw those? Now, I'm not insinuating that they are exactly like the famous Mary Blair mosaics, but just the upbeat designs and colors reminded me of hers as well. (To this day, my favorite will always be her one in the Contemporary concourse area.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well I went to the doctor and I lost 9 pounds but they used a different scale from the last visit.

Wait a minute! I say, wait a minute! I'm crying FOUL here! :eek: That's not fair--they can't switch scales on you midstream. According to my expert mathematical calculations, I figure that if you believe you really lost 20, and they break out some two-bit scale of theirs and it says 9 down, my calculation is that you really lost about 13-14 pounds, not 9. Two scales can't be THAT much different, so the truth must lay somewhere in the middle; hence, you lost up to 14 pounds. Dr. MinnieM123 has spoken, and you can take that to the bank.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Any one want to set up a pool and guess how many days prior to departure that Son #2 breaks up with GF and decides that he isn't going either? The winner will get a free room from Jennifer since they will have to pay for it anyway.
She will throw in the Dining Plan as well.
She hasn't confirmed that yet, but, being Canadian I'm sure she will not refuse anyone. It wouldn't be polite!

:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, for the dog owners, I saw something funny in Good Housekeeping magazine yesterday. It's a "Doggy Cam" which consists of a strap/leash harness, that you can attach to a GoPro camera. If you mount the GoPro to the dog's chest, you can cover chewing, digging, and front paw action. Or, if you attach the GoPro to his back, you can catch over the head shots of running, jumping and fetching. Ha! :p And no, I'm not making this up!! (It's shown on page 190 of the May issue. There was a copy in a waiting room, and that's how I saw it.) It costs $60 for the strap/harness.

Gotta tell you, though, my dog would have nothing to do with anything attached to him! He'd fight to get it off immediately! He hates anything put on him, even dog booties for the winter salt/snow.

FutureCEO

1636cd450202ebe382006d39c7e16b365cb94236.jpg

Darker green the better. World's Happiest Countries. Obviously, some of this is taken with a grain of salt. The US is at #15.
  1. Switzerland
  2. Iceland
  3. Denmark
  4. Norway
  5. Canada
  6. Finland
  7. The Netherlands
  8. Sweden
  9. New Zealand
  10. Australia

Goofyernmost

Gotta tell you, though, my dog would have nothing to do with anything attached to him! He'd fight to get it off immediately! He hates anything put on him, even dog booties for the winter salt/snow.
OK, look at it this way... You're a dog. Nature designed you to be able to deal with everything without the benefit of clothing, blankets or shoes. Along comes your owner and decides that you, the dog, are actually more human then dog and require the bling that humans require. Then they put "booties" on your feet and parade you out in public that to you is nothing more then constant humiliation. You'd fight it too!

Now for the argument that it's cold out and their feet would freeze, well, that would be natures way of telling you to find a new owner that would bring you to a climate where you can live freeze free.
;)

MOXOMUMD

Yeah, I have a hard time with Full House. The Olsen twins were about my sons age, I think a year older but same when episodes actually air'd after filming. I look at the one twin and relate back to my kid and count myself as blessed, money doesn't solve everything.
The Olsens have their own show on Nickelodeon called Too Little Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom