New Resorts

Jakesky40

Original Poster
So if you had to come up with a new resort for the World what would it be? The theme, location etc.
I would love the previously planned Venetian resort to be built. The idea of a classic Itailian themed resort sounds incredible. I have also thought a new resort that would be themed like the lost City of Atlantis would be an incredible addition. I understand that it is quite ambitious to build an entire resort underwater there so we don't need to beat that to death. But I would love to hear others ideas. Go wild with your imagination and let's see what we think up!

zoenaveau

Omg atlantis! i would seriously die to see something like that built!
What i think would be cool would be like a japanese palace (mulan themed) with like bamboo screen doors and straw matted flooring and beautiful screen prints.
On the other end of the scale i would love to see a glamping option for fort wilderness haha

plutoismyhero

Honestly Atlantis or an Under Water type would be awesome they are getting a few in Dubai. I would personally want one based off of Park Attractions. A Value resort with different wings for each park and rooms associated with each, mainly to get a Haunted Mansion and Figment and Muppets room. Maybe an Ancient Greek Style hotel would be cool im pretty sure Disney could beat CP in Vegas.

epcotisbest

A vintage camper, Airstreams you could rent at Fort Wilderness would be an instant classic with great demand. Imagine how many people would jump at the chance to camp at Disney in an Airstream already set up and ready for them instead of having to tow their own camper to Florida. I would take that over the cabins any day. It could actually be set up just about anywhere and would not have to be tied in to Fort Wilderness. Just set up a bunch of the campers in an area with its own pool and restaurant, with a camper's supply store offering groceries and supplies. Wow...when can I reserve mine?
image.jpg

Last edited:

zoenaveau

I know that Mulan is chinese, but there are many Asian crossovers. For example they dress her up as a Geisha which is of course Japanese, not to mention all the pink blossom trees. Also predominantly Japanese.

WedwayPM

I know that Mulan is chinese, but there are many Asian crossovers. For example they dress her up as a Geisha which is of course Japanese, not to mention all the pink blossom trees. Also predominantly Japanese.

They did not dress Mulan up as a Geisha. That is her Match Maker outfit from the film. It is a traditional dress from the Han dynasty.

Last edited:

WhatJaneSays

I’d really love to import some of the Disneyland Hotel style at a new level resort between moderate and deluxe. One hotel with four “tower” designs – one for each park. Say do a Tomorrowland Tower (60/70s futurism), a Sunset Blvd Tower (old Hollywood), World Showcase Tower (Each floor is a different country), and a Creature Tower (real and fantasy animal inspired).

I could also see a Season based value hotel. A ring of 8 or 12 the value buildings all facing a central pool/rec area. Each building’s outer décor would be semi-abstract-ish representations of seasons that have a smooth transition from season to season. Summer would be bright yellows and big “glass” sun catchers. Fall would darken into oranges/reds/browns with geometric tree and leaf patterns. Winter brings in pale blue/white/blue-grey with snow drifts and snowflake sun catchers (opposite the ones on the Summer side). Spring brightens up with lighter blues with the snow drifts turning green and large grass patterns (opposite the trees on the Fall side).

P_Radden

Star Wars themed resort connected to DHS part of Star Wars Land

I would love to see an elaborately themed Star Wars resort! This would be a huge addition to DHS area and really be a big draw for Star Wars fans... As long as its a value or moderate... No DVC Death Star please.

Aside from that, I still think it would be cool to see the Persian themed resort. Based similar to the original plans, however put it in the spot to the north east of Poly, and south west of Contemporary (red circle below). This location be part of the monorail loop as well. Maybe tie in some Aladdin themeing.

persian.jpg

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I would love to see an elaborately themed Star Wars resort! This would be a huge addition to DHS area and really be a big draw for Star Wars fans... As long as its a value or moderate... No DVC Death Star please.

Aside from that, I still think it would be cool to see the Persian themed resort. Based similar to the original plans, however put it in the spot to the north east of Poly, and south west of Contemporary (red circle below). This location be part of the monorail loop as well. Maybe tie in some Aladdin themeing.

View attachment 89180

That plot of land was actually originally set to be a Venetian inspired resort!

From Jack Spence's blog:

" The land was cleared where the Venetian was to stand, but it was soon discovered that this area was unstable and would require pylons deeper than those used on Spaceship Earth to support the hotel. Because of this, cost estimates skyrocketed and plans were dropped."

The whole blog for your reading pleasure.

NiarrNDisney

A German/Swiss mountain village themed resort would be cute. I know when the Disney Inn (now SoG) was open that was the look they were going for but obviously the concept wasn't fully developed before it switched hands. The resort now has a little theming around the property but it looks more like a American mountain lodge.

our fun question! I'd personally like to see/side with some sort of tokyo themed resort. I think that would be super cool! maybe that, or some type of paris themed/beauty & the beast themed resort.

HEY! Maybe a princess themed resort, each of the little area's could be specified to the disney princesses, and rooms could have certain little touches. A cinderella room would be awesome! now the wheels are turning lol

steve76

Here's what I would do:
- Build a new Magic Kingdom parking lot to the west of Magic Kingdom, with moving walkways linking to the entrance plaza (rather than trams - similar to how they do it at Disneyland Paris). This frees up the TTC (with its existing monorail station) for a new MK-area resort. It also relieves pressure on the monorail system and makes getting to/from the Magic Kingdom a lot easier. While they're at it they can finish the path from MK to Grand Floridian.
- In the space freed up at the existing TTC, build a massive new resort (or a couple of sister resorts next to each other). Possibly a mediterranean theme, with different areas based on different areas of the mediterranean (south of france, italy, greek isles etc.). Lots of potential for lovely theming and restaurants. Or maybe a wider European theme. It will use the existing TTC as its monorail stop.
- At the old STOLPORT on the Epcot monorail line, build another monorail station and build an Disney's Alpine Resort. Themed to beautiful skiing lodges, again with different areas based on different countries (french alps, italian alps, austrian etc.). Think skiing equipment, apre-ski bars, italian/french/german restaurants, roaring fires etc.
- Near the existing Animal Kingdom Lodge, build a sister property based on Asia. Similar to AKL but with Asian architecture and Asian animals. Linked to the existing AKL by walkways, and to the entrance to Animal Kingdom via a walking path (maybe with moving walkways for some of it). Yes I know it would be a long walk but I would love to have that option!
- Finally, I would re-locate the parking lot for the Hollywood Studios over the road (with pedestrian bridges to get to the park), and in the area in front of the park I would build Disney's Hollywood Hotel, an art-deco Hollywood-themed hotel (very similar to Disney's Hollywood Hotel in Hong Kong). This would extend the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club resort area and help link the two parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom