The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

VJ

Any word on when this will all go until? We planned a trip for the first week of May before the info was all available. I'm going to have to go back again to check out all the new stuff and want to know when I'll have until
The end date hasn't been announced yet, but the 50th began in May 2005 and ran until September 2006 so you could use that as a guide, I would think.

VJ

Sounds like everyone's gushing about how great Disneyland Forever will be, but I'm not sold just yet based on what everyone's saying. Seems like, to me, the show will have mostly segments from Disney movies (and FROZEN! CAN'T FORGET FROZEN!) and then "oh, yeah, Disneyland, that place. Almost forgot." Relegated to merely an afterthought. It's not like it's Disneyland's 60th anniversary or anything. Then again I guess we have World of Color - Celebrate! to fill in the lack of Disneyland that Forever will have. I dunno, just not going all-in for excitement just yet.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Sounds like everyone's gushing about how great Disneyland Forever will be, but I'm not sold just yet based on what everyone's saying. Seems like, to me, the show will have mostly segments from Disney movies (and FROZEN! CAN'T FORGET FROZEN!) and then "oh, yeah, Disneyland, that place. Almost forgot." Relegated to merely an afterthought. It's not like it's Disneyland's 60th anniversary or anything. Then again I guess we have World of Color - Celebrate! to fill in the lack of Disneyland that Forever will have. I dunno, just not going all-in for excitement just yet.

They had Remember for 10 years which was all about Disneyland history. They need something different.

VJ

They had Remember for 10 years which was all about Disneyland history. They need something different.
I can understand that, but the thing is, look at everything else Creative Entertainment is working on that involves projections. Every single one is centered around Disney animated movies, some using the exact same movies between each other. I feel like what we think is different compared to what has happened in the past is becoming all the same if you look at the bigger picture if that makes sense. I hope I'm explaining my thoughts correctly.

VJ

It would be impossible to try and top Remember with a different show about the history of Disneyland right now. Remember just closed a few months ago. They have to go in a different direction right now.
That makes sense, I guess. Hopefully it ends up working because I really do want to like it, and I know I'm kinda counting chickens before they hatch. After the 55th anniversary "celebration", I'm glad we're even getting what we are.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
That makes sense, I guess. Hopefully it ends up working because I really do want to like it, and I know I'm kinda counting chickens before they hatch. After the 55th anniversary "celebration", I'm glad we're even getting what we are.

55 years isn't really a milestone birthday. The next "middle" big celebration I can possibly believe may happen is the 75th.

GiveMeTheMusic

It seems to me Davison didn't want to recreate Remember again, so Forever is a different direction. World of Color gives him the opportunity to do something different with the Walt/Disneyland history aspect, so I'm really looking forward to that, and Forever as well. Having three new high tech big budget nighttime spectaculars premiering at once is unprecedented at any Disney park - it's really an embarrassment of riches and I can't wait to see all three.

lazyboy97o

It would be impossible to try and top Remember with a different show about the history of Disneyland right now. Remember just closed a few months ago. They have to go in a different direction right now.
And that "different direction" is not very different. Plus, Disneyland was supposed to be something new and different, not a rehash of stuff already done by the Studio. Disneyland took attention away from the Studio, and especially from animation. The show could just be something new, an idea that has become crazy talk when it comes to Parks & Resorts.

VJ

55 years isn't really a milestone birthday. The next "middle" big celebration I can possibly believe may happen is the 75th.
I guess I miss when Disneyland celebrated nearly every birthday with new stuff. 55th may not be a big milestone but Disneyland got a brand-new parade and more for their 35th and that's not a really big milestone either. And the 25th! I'm not trying to argue, just trying to express my opinion; I do mostly agree with the many other posts. I'm really excited for the 60th, I was just hoping Forever would be more Remember-caliber, I guess.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I guess I miss when Disneyland celebrated nearly every birthday with new stuff. 55th may not be a big milestone but Disneyland got a brand-new parade and more for their 35th and that's not a really big milestone either. And the 25th! I'm not trying to argue, just trying to express my opinion; I do mostly agree with the many other posts. I'm really excited for the 60th, I was just hoping Forever would be more Remember-caliber, I guess.

I must have been one of the few that didn't expect much for the 55th. Twenty-five years is a milestone.

Remember has been done before as a firework show. It wouldn't make sense to do the theme of touring the park again. I don't want to imagine watching the same show, just with different spiels. We're getting some of Remember with World of Color anyway.

RMichael21

I found this on Wikipedia:

"As part of the Disneyland Resort's 60th Anniversary celebration, the World of Color show will be changed to World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney. This special edition of the show, which premieres on May 22, 2015, will be narrated by Mickey Mouse and Neil Patrick Harris, and will feature music and imagery from Disney films and theme parks.[29][30]

Celebrate! contains five sections:[31]

• "Fanfare and Introduction", which features projections of Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey mouse, accompanied by a new arrangement of the "World of Color" theme.
  • "It Was All Started by a Mouse", which features footage of Walt Disney talking about Mickey Mouse, as well as clips from Mickey Mouse cartoons including Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy, The Band Concert, and Fantasia.
  • "The Golden Age of Animation", which contains clips from animated feature films from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar.
  • "Dream of Disneyland", a tribute to Disneyland park.
  • "A Celebration for Years to Come", which contains a tribute to Walt Disney as well as the finale."

Mike K

Hey guys, quick question. My wife and I are gearing up for our Disneyland getaway and are planning to do the Carthay Circle / World of Color Dining Package for May 22nd to take advantage of the seating options for the new WOC show. We've never booked reservations for this package and were curious if you can make lunch reservations for this? I noticed on the site it mentions: "Carthay Circle Restaurant – Featuring regular menu items at lunch from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM and at dinner from 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM". I imagine that having lunch and returning for your premium seats for WOC is possible but, just wanted to get feedback from those more knowledgable. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!

GiveMeTheMusic

Hey guys, quick question. My wife and I are gearing up for our Disneyland getaway and are planning to do the Carthay Circle / World of Color Dining Package for May 22nd to take advantage of the seating options for the new WOC show. We've never booked reservations for this package and were curious if you can make lunch reservations for this? I noticed on the site it mentions: "Carthay Circle Restaurant – Featuring regular menu items at lunch from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM and at dinner from 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM". I imagine that having lunch and returning for your premium seats for WOC is possible but, just wanted to get feedback from those more knowledgable. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!

I'd recommend calling 714-781-DINE to get a for sure answer, as things may be a bit wonky on the 22nd due to the 24 hour party.

Mike K

I'd recommend calling 714-781-DINE to get a for sure answer, as things may be a bit wonky on the 22nd due to the 24 hour party.

Thanks very much! I was thinking of calling tomorrow just to make sure considering the hectic day at the park. We can't wait for this trip! My wife has never been to Disneyland so I'm thrilled for her to experience it on such a special occasion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom