Avengers: Age of Ultron

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
While promoting Age of Ultron Robert Downey Jr walked out of an interview with Krishnan Guru-Murthy of Channel 4 in the UK. The interviewer asked him an a series of increasingly personal questions. Downey makes it very clear he is not happy with the line of questions but the interviewer keeps going. This is the same reporter that Quinton Tarantino had a confrontation with during the promotion of Django Unchained.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan...with-channel?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.hu4WxWGWb

Stefan8

While promoting Age of Ultron Robert Downey Jr walked out of an interview with Krishnan Guru-Murthy of Channel 4 in the UK. The interviewer asked him an a series of increasingly personal questions. Downey makes it very clear he is not happy with the line of questions but the interviewer keeps going. This is the same reporter that Quinton Tarantino had a confrontation with during the promotion of Django Unchained.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan...with-channel?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.hu4WxWGWb
Awkward.

While I don't see anything wrong with personal interviews per se, that is not the venue for it. Downey was clearly there to promote the movie, not to talk about his recently published autobiography or to be interviewed for an in-depth character study.

DisneyFan 2000

Saw it, loved it. I won't spoil a thing, I'll just say this: It seems my opinion is going to be a minority one but as far as I'm concerned this is leaps and bounds better than the first outing. Keep in mind I was never a fan of the first movie, but it's more than that. Spader and Whedon fit perfectly, and for any Buffy viewers out there, you'll really get the feel that he's THAT kind of a villian. A menace, sure, but human too.

Also Whedon really nailed down the quirks and quips of every character, something I felt in the first movie was off. Everyone seemed to just be a generic kind of "funny" with no character voice. Not so much here - every character has a distinct voice that carries through even to the funnier moments. The movie still relies on the fact that you're familiar with the characters, so most character development is thrown out the door in favor of serving up a big phase 2 climax (minus one character in particular). I think this will always be this franchise's Achilles-heel, but it's a good one as far as weak points are concerned. Overall I'd strongly recommend seeing this one in cinemas.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Speaking of old slang I learned this one the other day . Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his cap and called it "macaroni" Macaroni was slang for stylish or fashionable.

Californian Elitist

Cruising down the Sunset Strip, I saw an enormous ad for the upcoming film today. Looks so cool.

WP_20150425_17_19_31_Pro.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
600 German Movie Theaters Boycotting Ultron

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/27/german-movie-theaters-boycott-ultron

According to Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle, fees are being raised from 47.7 percent to 53 percent of ticket sales. Disney has also chosen to cut back on advertising, and will reportedly not any provide advances for 3-D glasses. Theater owners in over 100 small towns have claimed that the rise in cost may put them out of business.

Speaking on behalf of theater owners in Northern Germany, Karl-Heinz Meier, a spokesperson for I.G. Nord, explained why the situation is so dire. “When prices go up, then we have a serious problem that could force movie theaters to close,” Meier said. Currently, the film is being kept from over 600 theaters.
----------------------

I know this won't make that big of a difference overall but I thought it was interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom