" Journey Into Imagination: The Tragic Tale of Disney's Lost Attraction Masterpiece" article

Goofyernmost

In spite of the "original" being outdated, one would be hard pressed to find a more jaw dropping beginning then when you are riding along side the Dreamfinder and Figment. That got me every time. It didn't matter how many times I saw it. It was perhaps the most amazing AA display that has ever been shown and the originality of the turntable (although kinda used in CoP) is an engineering marvel. That said, however, the rest of it was pretty boring. Not as bad as the present one is, but, a yawner anyway. That is why most people only remember the beginning and unless they see a film of the rest would be at a loss to describe it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I say this all the time, Journey into Imagination was a timeless ride in Epcot that could last thru every generation with minimal upgrades required. It could have been their Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion or it's a Small World. No matter what generation passed it would be that one ride that never gets old and would always be there and loved as much as it was from day one. In today's world it would just need some freshening up to the scenery and new projections. It could have ran as was with some general matenence and still survived.

Jamie2016

Interesting article! I have always said that Disney could have performed simple upgrades to the ride over time and made it something really even more special than it was back in the day, especially since steampunk seems to have been popular for the past decade or more. JII was definitely very Jules Verne-ish and steampunky. Let's face, Nigel Channing ruins the ride and the newer Figment is just annoying as heck!

My fiance is Ron Schneider, the original Dreamfinder. I'm going to pass this on to him. I'm certain that he'll find it very interesting. Of course, this probably does bias my view on the current version a bit. Oh let's face it, not it doesn't!

Jamie2016

I wish we could start a campaign and have people sign a petition asking the Mouse to reImagine the attraction and the pavilion bringing back Dreamfinder maybe something to do in Marvels Steampunk version.
I agree with you. I think they need to make a version basd on the Marvel Dreamfinder...younger and with a little chutzpah. It's a shame that Oz the Great and Powerful didn't do well in the movies.....the young Dreamfinder remind me of James Franco's Oz. If that movie had become popular, maybe it could have spurred a Dreaminder return.

Brer Panther

When ARE they gonna bring Dreamfinder back? He keeps popping up in merchandise, he appeared at the d23 Expo, and now this comic book! They've essentially been screaming, "We know changing the ride was a mistake, but we're too busy turning Disney's Hollywood Studios into Frozenland to do anything. In the meantime, have a comic book!"

FettFan

Interesting article! I have always said that Disney could have performed simple upgrades to the ride over time and made it something really even more special than it was back in the day, especially since steampunk seems to have been popular for the past decade or more. JII was definitely very Jules Verne-ish and steampunky. Let's face, Nigel Channing ruins the ride and the newer Figment is just annoying as heck!

Exactly. If "Dr." Channing treats Figment as a nuisance, then the guest is only going to follow suit.

Cmdr_Crimson

What's even sadder is how much Figment merchandise is sold...If there's barely anything there in the Pavillion maybe 3 or 4 shirts and maybe a hoodie here and there..They don't even put ANY Figment merch in Mousegear or Gateway Gifts...He use to be more prominent everywhere not just shoehorned into a corner to be forgotten...

My Range of "Happy" Figment Emotion is for this...
thumbnail.asp

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom