Restaurant Reservations

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi, I would like to make reservations for Bistro Chez Remy for my trip at the end of June. I'm wondering if I should make the reservation in advance or if I should wait until I get to the park. How popular are these restaurants? If it would be better to call what number should I call when calling from the States? I have heard of people calling WDW and then asking to be transferred to avoid the international charges. Does anyone know if that works? Thanks!

Animaniac93-98

I would say wait until you get there. I've had no trouble making same day or next day dining reservations for DLP restaurants. Chez Remy is popular because its new and everyone who exits the ride sees it. I would recommend going to guest relations or a hotel concierge to book it a day or two before to gaurantee a spot.

Tinkerkelle

We made our reservations when we got there. We checked in then, while my husband took the boys to drop our stuff at our room, I made the reservations for dining with the concierge. I had made a note of dates and times and we got what we wanted, apart from Cafe Mickey which is really popular due to being one of the few character dining experiences in DLP. We were looking for a table for day 2 but got one for day 3 of our stay. Not sure about calling from US but reservations can be made upto 2 months in advance.
Chez Remy opened just after our last trip, would love to eat there when we're next back - hope you enjoy it!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
We made our reservations when we got there. We checked in then, while my husband took the boys to drop our stuff at our room, I made the reservations for dining with the concierge. I had made a note of dates and times and we got what we wanted, apart from Cafe Mickey which is really popular due to being one of the few character dining experiences in DLP. We were looking for a table for day 2 but got one for day 3 of our stay. Not sure about calling from US but reservations can be made upto 2 months in advance.
Chez Remy opened just after our last trip, would love to eat there when we're next back - hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! Just wondering did you go during a really busy time or not? Maybe I'm just too trained to WDW and get too worried about dining.

Tinkerkelle

I think, because DLP dining is not online there is not the same pressure to book in advance. It's so easy to go online to make reservations but people think twice about calling. They do it in WDW because so many ARE making online ADRs that everyone has to book in advance - phone or online.

We get 2 weeks holidays in October, here in Scotland, and this is when we do Disney - DLP or WDW. A quieter time than if we went in our Summer, Easter or Christmas holidays.

Now the boys are older we've been hopping over the pond to WDW but love DLP because everything is within walking distance and the EMH are fab. Park Disney opens 8am-10am for hotel guests. It is just Fantasyland and Tomorrowland but you can get so much done and, certainly in October, the rides are walk on - Space Mountain (which is a proper indoor coaster), Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan's Flight and so on. Then you can move to the area you want to be in for rope drop. We usually go to Frontierland first to do Big Thunder which sees queues build quickly. No FP+ at DLP, just paper FP. We get paper FP, ride in standby, then straightaway in FP before moving on.

If you're staying at an onsite hotel, breakfast is included (well it is if you book through UK website, as are park tickets) and they ask you to take a timeslot card for each day when you check in. We ask for the 7am-7:30am slot and arrive about 7:15, fill up on the buffet breakfast then walk over to the park for opening. If you arrive outwith your slot you still get breakfast. On our last trip we forgot to put our phone clock forward the hour and so were downstairs at 8:15 thinking it was 7:15 and wondering why there was such a queue for tables.:oops::eek: At the moderate and deluxe hotels there can be a build up to get breakfast at popular times (8-9:30), leading to a wait for a table despite the timeslot cards, which is another reason we always try to get down early. Never a queue at 7:15.:)

There has never been the same crowds at EMH opening as at WDW. If I remember, there is a side entrance with a few turnstiles that open for the slow morning trickle of EMH guests. The Toy Story area in the Studios is fab and I love Phantom Manor - I like the backstory better than Haunted Mansion but both are brilliant. Phantom Manor is in Frontierland and the story fits in with this. Instead of riding through a graveyard at the end you ride through a ghostly version of a frontier town.

The other great plus about DLP is you're only a 45 minute train ride from Paris and who doesn't love Paris?

Enjoy and don't worry, DLP doesn't require quite as much advance planning and booking as WDW but still worth having a touring plan and doing the research. Be prepared as both the Scouts say and as Scar sings!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom