Poly, Epcot Resort or OWC Marriott for Honeymoon?

P_Radden

Original Poster
Hello,

We will be getting married on the Boardwalk at Disney World in March of 2016.

We will be staying at All Star Movies prior to the wedding and one complementary night at Poly after the wedding. We are thinking of staying for the remainder of our honeymoon at Poly, but not sure if it's worth $400+ per night.

Other ideas are:
1. Orlando World Center Marriott (been there before and loved it), but it's not on Disney property..
2. Epcot resort such as Boardwalk Beach Club or Dolphin.

Of the Epcot Resorts, which would be your choice? We want an updated room with preferably a walk in shower.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome! I appreciate your guys' input!

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

If we were in your shoes, we would for sure stay on property wherever that may be. We just prefer the ease and convenience of it-plus coming from someone who Disneymooned, trust me, it's romantic and one of a kind to stay in the magic. If money is tight and you're ok staying "off property" (but they're so close!) I definitely recommend Swan or Dolphin. Both awesome resorts.

Happy choosing and again, congrats.

TXDisney

I'd stay at the boardwalk or BC. We have stayed at both and like bc more mainly bc of the pool and restaurants. Same location pretty much. Congrats on the wedding!!! We got married at the wedding pavilion in January 2014 and loved everything about it.

POLY LOVER

Hello,

We will be getting married on the Boardwalk at Disney World in March of 2016.

We will be staying at All Star Movies prior to the wedding and one complementary night at Poly after the wedding. We are thinking of staying for the remainder of our honeymoon at Poly, but not sure if it's worth $400+ per night.

Other ideas are:
1. Orlando World Center Marriott (been there before and loved it), but it's not on Disney property..
2. Epcot resort such as Boardwalk Beach Club or Dolphin.

Of the Epcot Resorts, which would be your choice? We want an updated room with preferably a walk in shower.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome! I appreciate your guys' input!

first of all congratulations I wish you a long and happy marriage. I would stay on site if money is not an issue BUT if it is THEN may I suggest a town that Disney built called CELEBRATION which is about 10 minutes from the parks, It has a very charming and reasonable hotel called the Bohemian on the lake in the center of town. Perfect for honeymooners. Its in a town that is picture perfect and has shops a lake and nice walking area. You will love it.

POLY LOVER

first of all congratulations I wish you a long and happy marriage. I would stay on site if money is not an issue BUT if it is THEN may I suggest a town that Disney built called CELEBRATION which is about 10 minutes from the parks, It has a very charming and reasonable hotel called the Bohemian on the lake in the center of town. Perfect for honeymooners. Its in a town that is picture perfect and has shops a lake and nice walking area. You will love it.

nolatron

We stayed in a Boardwalk villa for our honeymoon (married at Sunset Pointe @ Poly). The boardwalk is our favorite resort, though so it was no brainer for us. Walking distance to Epcot and DHS, can catch the big Illuminations fireworks from the boardwalk and wonderfully themed. We've always rented points too.

We typically stay in a standard view room. For the honeymoon we had a preferred view and we're on the 2nd floor I think. While we found it had a great view of SSE and the boardwalk we heard noise from the people around the restaurants and on the boardwalk till 2-3am it felt like. Was hard to sleep some nights. So we'll stick to standard view in the future (or make sure to get a preferred room higher up perhaps.) So just some food for thought.

But congrats and good luck!

P_Radden

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all the ideas and for sharing your experiences! Well guys this is what we have decided...

We will be staying at Poly for the night of our wedding and for 2 additional nights, then we will be moving over to Marriott Sable Palms (adjacent to the Marriott World Center tower building) in a 2br condo for 4 nights. The deciding factors for Marriott Sable Palms were:

-Well, it's a condo! Full kitchen. Huge master bathroom with spa like shower. Screened in porch.
-Great location, less than 2 miles from Epcot/HS
-Walking distance to MWC pools with water slide
-Walking distance to great restaurants at MWC
-Free parking
-Less than $300/night!!! :jawdrop::)

We thought about it quite a bit. It was a tough decision, and honestly we still might switch up our 3 nights from Poly to a different deluxe resort... But we can't turn down the great deal we are getting at MSP for the other 4 nights!

JasonDeyoung

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and for sharing your experiences! Well guys this is what we have decided...

We will be staying at Poly for the night of our wedding and for 2 additional nights, then we will be moving over to Marriott Sable Palms (adjacent to the Marriott World Center tower building) in a 2br condo for 4 nights. The deciding factors for Marriott Sable Palms were:

-Well, it's a condo! Full kitchen. Huge master bathroom with spa like shower. Screened in porch.
-Great location, less than 2 miles from Epcot/HS
-Walking distance to MWC pools with water slide
-Walking distance to great restaurants at MWC
-Free parking
-Less than $300/night!!! :jawdrop::)

We thought about it quite a bit. It was a tough decision, and honestly we still might switch up our 3 nights from Poly to a different deluxe resort... But we can't turn down the great deal we are getting at MSP for the other 4 nights!
Good pick. Really couldn't go wrong with any of them. Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom