Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Does the Dopey sell out quick? My husband is planning to sign up for it on the 28th.

Most likely. There are usually about 7,500ish slots for the Dopey. I'd suspect they only offered 500-1000 yesterday, and it sold out within an hour for DVC/AP only (or so they hope). But I'd say quick is a relative term. The other races have been selling out in hours, but Goofy last year lasted quite a while. Lots of people who would other wise have gone for a Goofy figure it's a small bump in effort to get another 3 medals and shirts if they do the Dopey. And there aren't many places where you can do 4 races in 4 days.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Most likely. There are usually about 7,500ish slots for the Dopey. I'd suspect they only offered 500-1000 yesterday, and it sold out within an hour for DVC/AP only (or so they hope). But I'd say quick is a relative term. The other races have been selling out in hours, but Goofy last year lasted quite a while. Lots of people who would other wise have gone for a Goofy figure it's a small bump in effort to get another 3 medals and shirts if they do the Dopey. And there aren't many places where you can do 4 races in 4 days.

What time does registration open?

dancingtodisney

I was keeping an eye on a few forums and it looks like Dopey sold out in about 25mins for early registration. This has me nervous. Me, my Dad and my Sister are signing up but my Sister won't have access to a computer so either me or my Dad will have to do two. :arghh:

dreamfinder

What time does registration open?

Noon EST.

I was keeping an eye on a few forums and it looks like Dopey sold out in about 25mins for early registration. This has me nervous. Me, my Dad and my Sister are signing up but my Sister won't have access to a computer so either me or my Dad will have to do two. :arghh:

I'd expect it to sell out in an hour or so. Remember that they only offered a subset of entries for early registration, so the 25 mins is a bit excessive, especially when the other events (outside the 5 and 10k) are still only 55-60% full and haven't changed much since one hour after opening. You get lots of hardcore runDisney people that either a) have DVC/AP as they are big Disney fans or b) shared/borrowed the link from someone else just to pre-register.

dancingtodisney

I'd expect it to sell out in an hour or so. Remember that they only offered a subset of entries for early registration, so the 25 mins is a bit excessive, especially when the other events (outside the 5 and 10k) are still only 55-60% full and haven't changed much since one hour after opening. You get lots of hardcore runDisney people that either a) have DVC/AP as they are big Disney fans or b) shared/borrowed the link from someone else just to pre-register.

Ye I keep telling myself these things but I tend to STRESS! I'm hoping I'll be fine doing mine in one browser and my sisters in the other, I'll also have my phone as a backup. We've already started our Dopey training so we've got our sights set on it. o_O

Texas84

What information do you need to enter when you register? I might need to do my husband's for him since I will be at home.

I believe all you need is birthdate for age verification, outside of the usual stuff like address, etc. You used to have to provide proof of time but they've moved that to a web link so it can be done later.

dreamfinder

As of 9 AM today for DVC/AP Early Registration
  • Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna® - 75%
  • Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - 80%
  • Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna® - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® - 85%
  • Walt Disney World® 10K - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 5K - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • runDisney Kids Races - 75%

imagination30

i asked the lady at theRun DISNEY booth bc i heard you could. she said yes .. so she gave me the form to fill out , and said see you in jan! ..

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So the race retreat is it worth the price? It says they have character M&Gs do the lines get crazy? My husband was considering whether or not to get it for the kids and I to cheer him on.

dreamfinder

So the race retreat is it worth the price? It says they have character M&Gs do the lines get crazy? My husband was considering whether or not to get it for the kids and I to cheer him on.

I'd wager it's not worth the price. I haven't done it myself, but it's pretty costly. Unless your kids are under 3, its the same $120 for them it would be for you. My DW normally sleeps in and then makes it over in time to see me finish. You really can't see much at the actual start line, so you would really be giving him a send off before he treks to the start line 30-45 mins minimum before the actual race start. You wouldn't be allowed in until after the race started (5:30), so you would need to wander around/watch the start. I linked to a few reviews below from past races so you can see the pictures and get an idea of what is in there.
http://www.runnersguidetowdw.com/to-race-retreat-or-not-race-retreat/
http://runningatdisney.com/2015/02/04/a-race-retreat-from-the-cold/

I'd sleep in, go catch him at the finish (if its the full, it's tough to make it over for the half) and then take the $240+ and go to character breakfast afterwards to celebrate.

dreamfinder

At the close of DVC/AP Early Registration
  • Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna® - 87%
  • Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - 92%
  • Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna® - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® - 96%
  • Walt Disney World® 10K - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 5K - EARLY REGISTRATION SOLD OUT
  • runDisney Kids Races - 90%
Less than 4 hours til regular registration opens

DScott

During the registration whats the difference between the events with a # in front of them? This is my first time registering for a RunDisney event but I looked at the process with the WnD and didn't know if there was a difference or not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom