Multiple tickets on one MDX account

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Does anyone know how this works? I found a bunch of old half-used "never expires" tickets in a drawer and had them converted to RFID tickets when I was at WDW last week. If I add those tickets to MDX, how will my MagicBand "know" which ticket to deduct a day from the next time I go to a park? I'd obviously like to use any expiring tickets first and save the non-expiring ones as long as possible.

FrostyNaples

Does anyone know how this works? I found a bunch of old half-used "never expires" tickets in a drawer and had them converted to RFID tickets when I was at WDW last week. If I add those tickets to MDX, how will my MagicBand "know" which ticket to deduct a day from the next time I go to a park? I'd obviously like to use any expiring tickets first and save the non-expiring ones as long as possible.

Not sure, but if it were me, i would only have the one ticket i wanted to use on a particular visit active at that time (and in my pocket for backup).

Then activate the others in the same fashion until they were used up accordingly.

mattdenine

You can keep them and assign them as need be. I have a 3 day park hopper in my account right now just begging to be used.

Rob562

I have no first-hand experience (yet) but from what I've read the tickets can be assigned a "priority" in your account so the system knows in what order to use days from them. Originally you could do it in the MDE app and site, but I think at some point it was removed and now Guest Services can do it for you.

It looks like I might be getting first-hand experience with this on my upcoming trip in June, so I'll let you know what my experience is.

-Rob

BrianV

We went through this last trip. We had two partially used sets of non expiration tickets, both linked to our account Before you enter the park, stop by a ticket booth and ask them to check the priority. They will scan your band and tell you which ticket will be used first. For us, they were as we wanted so no change was needed. I can't say for sure since we didn't have to, but if think they could have changed it for us at the ticket booth if we'd needed.

We recently purchased a third set as they were no longer being sold but still available at UT. However, we elected not to put on our bands yet, and instead put in the bank vault for safe keeping.

BrianV

I'll add that it is nice to have them in MDE as you can never again lose the tickets. I will eventually add the ones I'm storing in the vault, but we aren't sure who will get them...maybe the kids will be out of house by the time we need them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom