Yak & Yeti table service or quick service???

Disneyphan

Original Poster
My wife and I love the Yak and Yeti quick service location, what is the difference between it and the table service food? Does the table service have the same stuff but just more options or is it different all together? We want to try the table service but want to make sure we can still get some of the same things that we love from the quick service location. Any thoughts???

belledream

The restaurant has similar items that it has at the Local Foods Cafe, such as Honey Chicken, but also a little more 'different' options that as less common. We went a few years ago and I had this wonderful orange-glazed duck, but haven't seen it on the menu recently.

I'd say if you enjoy the QS location, give the TS one a shot! It's more of the food you like, in a nicely decorated setting. :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My wife and I love the Yak and Yeti quick service location, what is the difference between it and the table service food? Does the table service have the same stuff but just more options or is it different all together? We want to try the table service but want to make sure we can still get some of the same things that we love from the quick service location. Any thoughts???

Give the TS a shot. There are so many options on the menu...and the Fried Wonton dessert - I still dream about it! :)

Mukta

I have only tried the TS option, but I like it. The Mango Pie is my go to dessert.

IMG_8719_zpsc1a28efd.jpg

JIMINYCR

Y & Y is our favorite dining spot in AK. If you have been happy with the quick service menu you'll definitely love the table service menu. Theres no comparison, so much more and more flavorful options. The appetizers, meals and deserts are fantastic. Plentiful portions, and we have always have had fantastic service from our CM wait staff. Top level dining area is where we like to sit. My favs : Pork pot stickers, wonton soup, Shrimp Lo Mein, Mango Pie. YUMMMM....:rolleyes: Just let your meal settle before riding EE. :joyfull:
Oh and you can get online to check out menu items to compare too.

plutoismyhero

Ive looked at the table serve menu not all that different and wouldn't be my first choice for dinner inside AK. Can just as easily and much faster go to the quick serve.

Bairstow

Done both and thought the table service location was nicely-themed but overpriced and the food failed to live up to the potential of the theme.
While they hype the food up as being some sort of India/Chinese/Nepalese fusion the reality is that other than one token Malaysian and one Indian dish, the entire menu is tourist-friendly Chinese food, closer to Panda Express than P.F. Chang's.

I'd say go in and sit at the bar with a drink to enjoy the decor, but unless you're trying to kill time it's probably just as much fun to grab some chopsticks and a paper box of lo mein from Anandapur Local Food cafes and walk around with it.

Tinkerbella16

Yak & Yeti TS was one of my favorite meals last year! Cannot wait to go there again.. even for lunch. I had the Tempura Shrimp and it was awesome. Also had one of the best desserts I have ever had in wdw.. the fried cream cheese wontons and pineapples on skewers. We all loved it there. I had some of my sisters Shaoxing Steak & Tempura Shrimp- amazing!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Raineman

Never had the QS, but the TS food quality is very good, IMO. The baby back ribs with the hoisin BBQ sauce are great.

RonAnnArbor

Personal experience eating at Yak & Yeti at least once on every trip -- the table service and the quick service are completely different. All of the quickservice tend to be a few pieces of toppings on a big box of rice -- the restaurant options are completely different and full entrees...

Rob562

I find it interesting that so many have reported excellent experiences at the Y&Y Table Service. It was by-far the low-point of our dining back in November. After reading so many high-praise reviews here and on multiple other sites, my expectations were set very high. We were a group of 6, including my bf who was on his first-ever trip to WDW, so first-impressions on the dining options were important. Despite having a number of Disney veterans in our group I believe it was the first visit for all of us.

Things started off very well, as our appetizers were very, very good. But unfortunately it went downhill from there. The two entrees that my bf and I shared were both very blah, whatever battered meat we had tasted like it had just been defrosted, fried, sat around and then reheated in a microwave. Two of our group said their entrees were decent, but another friend barely touched hers. (She had it boxed up and said her husband would eat it the next day, since he eats just about anything)

I think @Bairstow hit it exactly when he said the food was closer to Panda Express. (In fact, my bf commented at some point that the Panda Express we had while in the Orlando airport that trip was better).

The topping on all of this was that our server was just rather off-putting. He was over-attentive and tried to upsell us at every opportunity. I felt like I was at TGI Friday's or being served by that waiter in Office Space with his 47 piece of flair...

Now I will be fair and say that I understand that all restaurants have off-nights. And that we were eating at the latest seating time just before the park closed, on a night where they actually extended the park closing to 8pm when it had originally been 5 or 6pm. (The place was practically empty when we were seated) So we probably had a bunch of staff that were either tired from a full day and had their shifts extended on them on relatively short notice, or perhaps we had a "B Squad" server who got stuck working the later shift because the normal daytime servers knew that there wouldn't by many diners in the park that far after sunset, and thus minimal tips.

But if they make reservations and are willing to seat people, they should be prepared to serve them the same quality food that they serve all day long.

So I might go back at some point in the future to give it a second chance, but that single experience really put all 6 of us off the thought of returning again anytime in the near future.

(And if anyone's curious about the other Table Service places from that trip that my bf and I were comparing this to: Primetime Cafe lunch, Liberty Tree dinner, Boma breakfast, 'Ohana dinner and Artist Point dinner, as well as a number of counter service meals that were extremely good)

-Rob

Last edited:

Tinkerbella16

@Rob562 sorry you had a bad experience. We dined there in November also, and had the opposite experience. I really loved it and can't wait to go back. Do you remember what night in November it was? We had dinner there on a day they extended the hours also.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I will say I was a bit surprised/disappointed to find out that Yak & Yeti is a Landry's owned concept (the same company that does Rain Forest Café, T-Rex Café, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co amongst many, MANY other concepts) as opposed to being something completely Disney. I guess the disappointing part was the small distractions like the "Yak & Yeti" logo on the drink dispenser in the bar and on the carpet in the lobby and the "Landry's" table top adverts. Not anything enough to ruin the experience, I guess I had just always assumed it was all Disney. On the plus side, I did find that portions at Yak & Yeti were significantly larger than portions at many of the other "Disney" table service restaurants. For example, at a lot of the "Disney" table service restaurants, the appetizers were typically too small to share, but at Yak & Yeti, I feel I could have easily shared my appetizer with at least one other person. But make no mistake, despite my initial "disappoint" (if you could call it that), it is still one of my favorite places to eat at Disney!

Rob562

@Rob562 sorry you had a bad experience. We dined there in November also, and had the opposite experience. I really loved it and can't wait to go back. Do you remember what night in November it was? We had dinner there on a day they extended the hours also.

That was Sunday, November 2nd. AK was open until 8, we had a 7:30pm reservation.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom