The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

We have none of these other burger joints y'all are talking aboot. (That was for you @Goofyernmost.). Just got Five Guys quite recently.

Fingers crossed they NEVER build one in my town. I would soon weigh more than five guys!
We have one (Five Guys) within walking distance of the main campus. In two years, I have not been there. And not because I don't see the appeal; just know that my current method of bringing my lunch or getting stuff that's not fried (except for the fries I had with that sandwich a few weeks ago) is probably better for me. One of these days, I figure I'll go there. Probably when PMS gets the better of me.

Also because when I do go off campus, I either go to Subway to save money or to the pizza place. Because y'all know pizza is its own food group.

EDIT: And now that I've looked at Five Guy's website and the sheer amount of peanuts they have in there, perhaps I'm better off.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Also, the latest with the car...

Last week, when I was putting gas in the car, I went to reset everything in the computer and saw that the engine oil life was down to 12%. So I came home and asked my mom to schedule an oil change.

Fastfoward to today. I was going to take the car in for the oil change, but my mom ended up doing it so I could sleep (today I got home at 9 pm, tomorrow I'll be gone from 8:45 to 10 pm...I was so grateful that she suggested that). She comes home today and says that it has to go back in the shop for a few hours on Friday. Apparently there's a broken bolt that connects one of the wheels. I can still very carefully drive it for the next few days, but evidently, if we don't get it fixed, I could end up losing that wheel. Takes about three hours to fix, getting it done Friday.

I am glad we caught it in time, but could we go more than a month without something going wrong with this car? Please?:rolleyes:

MOXOMUMD

@MOXOMUMD , thanks for all the cruise ship moments (especially the food!!). I do have one question about your final day. You mentioned that since your number was 18 in the queue, you'd have plenty of time for breakfast and a last piece of bacon, etc., before you'd depart the ship. So, did you do what I'd do? Did you stuff bacon into all your pockets and carry-on bag??!! :p :D I would have! Bacon to go!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I read with interest your experience at the airport, with your daughter being directed to another location and you looking frantically for her! You'd think they'd simply keep a child with the parent. What were these people thinking?! So glad that you were reunited with her in due course.

Lastly, I was happy to hear that your daughter had some delicious Easter candy at 2:30 AM when you got home!! Candy is good at ANY time of the day or night!! :hungry: :happy:
:joyfull: No pocketfuls of bacon. We did bring home some of those small boxes of cereal. :)

Cesar R M

At the model home all day with Hubby.
A few unprofessional shots:

From the kitchen, with a view of the "back" staircase:
View attachment 90395
View attachment 90397
View attachment 90406

Master bedroom:
View attachment 90398

Master bath:
View attachment 90400
View attachment 90401
View attachment 90402

And the upper great room, where I just had a 15 minute nap:
View attachment 90404
FYI - the blankie left my black slacks totally covered in fuzz. Oh, how I suffer for my work. :hilarious:
That home is in the million or so, right?

Cesar R M

Last week, when I was putting gas in the car, I went to reset everything in the computer and saw that the engine oil life was down to 12%. So I came home and asked my mom to schedule an oil change.

Fastfoward to today. I was going to take the car in for the oil change, but my mom ended up doing it so I could sleep (today I got home at 9 pm, tomorrow I'll be gone from 8:45 to 10 pm...I was so grateful that she suggested that). She comes home today and says that it has to go back in the shop for a few hours on Friday. Apparently there's a broken bolt that connects one of the wheels. I can still very carefully drive it for the next few days, but evidently, if we don't get it fixed, I could end up losing that wheel. Takes about three hours to fix, getting it done Friday.

I am glad we caught it in time, but could we go more than a month without something going wrong with this car? Please?:rolleyes:
tell me it, I am still waiting for parts to fix my car lol!
so I know your pain!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They are rare but not unheard of. Compared to some areas, we get them far less, but we get the warnings every few months, and when we do get them, they are bad. I remember in high school there was one, and one of my teachers could see it and was just trying to get away from it. Another a few years back caused problems near my grandfather's house. We were glad because it was a bit too close to him for comfort.

I wasn't worried about being at school since it's on a hill. Driving home was the issue, especially if it had been super windy. Nice light show on the way home, though

It turned out to be fine going home. We have a severe t-storm warning now though.

First of all, glad you're safe and sound. :) As for my area, we've had bad thunder and lightening storms now for hours. My dog freaked out at around 4 AM, and we let him in the bedroom to chill out, and go to sleep. He hates thunder. He came out of the bedroom a while ago, once I came in here on the computer; and he decided to go to sleep on my left foot . . .:rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Cars can be such a pain in the neck, and money pits. It's all planned obsolescence by the car companies, to get people to spend more and more money to keep them on the road. :( I'm also a little unclear about what it means to very carefully drive the car for a few days so that the wheel won't fall off? That would make me nervous.

FutureCEO

We have one (Five Guys) within walking distance of the main campus. In two years, I have not been there. And not because I don't see the appeal; just know that my current method of bringing my lunch or getting stuff that's not fried (except for the fries I had with that sandwich a few weeks ago) is probably better for me. One of these days, I figure I'll go there. Probably when PMS gets the better of me.

Also because when I do go off campus, I either go to Subway to save money or to the pizza place. Because y'all know pizza is its own food group.

EDIT: And now that I've looked at Five Guy's website and the sheer amount of peanuts they have in there, perhaps I'm better off.

It's amazing the few people at work that order out of eat for lunch everyday. They're not getting paid a lot to live such a lifestyle either.

When I was working with food, same people came in everyday.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That home is in the million or so, right?
Yep. Originally sold for $1.2'ish.
Even before the foundations have gone in the ground, people are flipping them for $1.4 million.

Move that house to my home town; it would sit on a minimum 60' lot, and fetch closer to $800,000.
Like I said - land is dear in the GTA, and particularly expensive in some pockets, like Richmond Hill.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Cars can be such a pain in the neck, and money pits. It's all planned obsolescence by the car companies, to get people to spend more and more money to keep them on the road. :( I'm also a little unclear about what it means to very carefully drive the car for a few days so that the wheel won't fall off? That would make me nervous.
"Planned obsolescence" - that was one of my dad's favourite sayings.
Along with, "the contract went to the lowest bidder". :hilarious:

And AMEN to the driving with the wonky wheel bit. Count me out.

StarWarsGirl

It means I have to slow down and cannot hit any pot holes. Makes me nervous too, but not much I can do about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom