Best WDW Attractions for Killing Time

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
What would you say are some of the best attractions (rides included) for killing time until your Fastpass can be used? Sometimes we get ourselves in a certain park or area of a park well before our time. If/when that happens, what attractions are a good way to kill time as opposed to sitting on a bench twiddling your thumbs?

I'd say: Living With the Land, TTA Peoplemover, WDW Railroad, train to/from Conservation Station, Journey Into Your Imagination (since there's NEVER a line)

Chef Mickey

I never view an attraction as "killing time" while at WDW. The rides you mentioned are good, relaxing rides with generally no wait. I know what you mean, but these are some of my favorite attractions at the park.

Some of my favorites are:

• TTA
  • Carousel of Progress
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • The American Adventure
  • The Country Bear Jamboree
  • Living With the Land
  • Imagination
  • Tiki Room

Mr_Incredible

People mover is my top. I can picture it now, sitting at my desk on a Monday...Imagining sitting back, feet up, looking around the metal palm trees of tomorrowland, seeing CoP rotating, hearing the laughter, the funny "Paging mr morrow...." lines, Buzz Lightyear talking about his galactic adventure, Mickey laughing about star traders......so darn relaxing! And I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanting to be there instead of this desk now!! ugh!

Tom

Beta Return
People mover is my top. I can picture it now, sitting at my desk on a Monday...Imagining sitting back, feet up, looking around the metal palm trees of tomorrowland, seeing CoP rotating, hearing the laughter, the funny "Paging mr morrow...." lines, Buzz Lightyear talking about his galactic adventure, Mickey laughing about star traders......so darn relaxing! And I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanting to be there instead of this desk now!! ugh!

I'm with you on everything you said! TTA is our "go to" when tired or need to "occupy our time" before dinner or a FP. Or when it's really hot and we just want to sit for 10 min. Love TTA!

JohnD

MK
  • Tiki Room
  • Treehouse
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Country Bears
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Liberty Belle Riverboat
  • Philarmagic
  • Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Carousel of Progress
  • PeopleMover
  • Railroad
Epcot
  • Energy
  • LwtL
  • Imagination
  • The entire Seas Pavilion
  • All of World Showcase (currently no FP+ anywhere in WS, so killing time is exploring anything there until you travel back to FW for a FP+. I just knock out my FP+ in FW first then spend the rest of the day in WS)
AK
  • Tough to be a Bug
  • Any animal trail
  • Flights of Wonder and Finding Nemo shows
HS
  • Muppets
  • GMR
  • Indy and Car Stunt Shows
  • Art of Animation
  • Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Last edited:

yedliW

I second the River Boat (when it's running..) and add my vote for People Mover.

Grab a spot in the shade with a Dole Whip Float or Mickey Ice Cream sandwich..

What about a lap around the Lagoon on the monorail?

Weather_Lady

Here are our go-tos:

MK:
Waiting in Adventureland for POTC/JC/Splash: Enchanted Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse
Waiting in Frontierland or Liberty Square for BTMRR/HM: Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Liberty Belle
Waiting in Fantasyland for ETWB/Peter/7DMT: small world/Philharmagic/Carrousel/Mad Tea Party
Waiting in Tomorrowland for Space Mtn. or Buzz: Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover

Epcot:
Waiting for Soarin': Living with the Land, snack at Sunshine Seasons
Waiting for Test Track: Mission:Space, Club Cool or Innoventions

HS:
When waiting for TSMM: One Man's Dream
When waiting for anything else: There are few "quick" walk-on type attractions in HS, so if there's a lull, we take a drink/snack break at nearest kiosk, browse a gift shop, or just sit on a bench and people-watch.

Animal Kingdom:
We get there at rope drop with no FP+ but a good touring plan, and have virtually no wait for anything. ;)

lunchbox1175

Not to mention the ramp going up is a great way to stretch out your calves! I always lean as far forward and get a good stretch going on the ride up.

Blackie Pueblo

Most of what I do has already been listed:

People Watching is great
The TTA is always great especially at dusk or at night
Carousel of Progress is a great place to cool down, relax, and kill time while watching a classic show
Walt Disney's One Mans Dream but it seems to have gotten a lot smaller from what I remember
Club Cool
Innoventions
The American Adventure is one I push hard for EVERYONE to see. It's a great show and fills you with American Pride
And The River Boat-like the TTA is great right around Dusk as well

COrunner

What would you say are some of the best attractions (rides included) for killing time until your Fastpass can be used? Sometimes we get ourselves in a certain park or area of a park well before our time. If/when that happens, what attractions are a good way to kill time as opposed to sitting on a bench twiddling your thumbs?

I'd say: Living With the Land, TTA Peoplemover, WDW Railroad, train to/from Conservation Station, Journey Into Your Imagination (since there's NEVER a line)

Living with the land
Ellens universe of energy
Walking around the living seas
Hall of presidents
People Mover

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom