CBR Nov 2016

TB4244

Original Poster
We're just about to book for next November and because POR, which is our favoured resort has crept a little out of our price range, we're opting for CBR.
Now my questions are twofold, first what are we actually losing by swapping from POR to CBR aside from the obvious, like the boat service to DTD?
Also am I right in thinking that it's recently been refurbed? So there's no major construction work planned that I should be aware of?
Thanks guys!

Tinkerkelle

We stayed there in 2013 and really liked it. It's spread out and the furthest buildings from Port Royale are up to a 10 minute walk away which sounds nothing but is a hike after a busy park day. I would request a room in building 45 or 51 which is just over the bridge from Port Royale and nearest the amenities without paying for a preferred room.
The pool is great, I think better than PO. The food court is decent but I believe PO is better. There are multiple bus stops which can be a pain if you're last to pick up and there are no seats.
The theming is lush and tropical. Not sure about the room upgrades. We stayed in a pirate room but I believe the non pirate rooms were getting upgrades.
As I said, we really enjoyed our stay.

Ironace

We were there in sept 14 and we stayed in building 45. The room had been upgrade and was much better than the older style themed room when we stayed the year before. We stayed in a preffered room in sept 13 but loved the walk over the bridges and thru the island much better, not to mention saving a bit of $$$. Even with a 6 and 4 year old the walk was just fine and enjoyable.

TB4244

Original Poster
We're two adults with no kids, and we'll have a car so we have no worries there.
Looking at the resort map, we decided that Jamaica/Aruba would be the ideal location for us. It seemed to be pretty similar to where we located at our stay at POR, walking distance wise.
But that's all good information. Thanks!

TB4244

Original Poster
We found there was quite a bit of difference in price between the two resorts. The trouble is that with transatlantic flights, the costs soon mount up.

princessmommy

Very strange

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 37

TB4244

Original Poster
That is weird. Every time we've priced it it's come out as POR being a lot more expensive.

WedwayPM

Me too. I was pricing both resorts yesterday for a stay in September. POR was coming up about $20 a night more than CBR for a standard room.

TB4244

Original Poster
I thought it might be because we're not in the U.S. So we're getting different prices? But looks like you're getting the same thing @WedwayPM

WedwayPM

I guess it just depends on the week of travel. Room rates do fluctuate based on dates. Who knows? I just know I ended up booking CBR because it was cheaper for my week than POR. We usually book Pop, but this time I need a room that sleeps 5.

TB4244

Original Poster
That was the best price we could find around the end of October/beginning of November, and to stay at POR we'd have to sacrifice our DDP for the basic QSDP. We went with our stomachs instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom