Touringplans.com

LaceyLC

A friend recommended this site and said they hardly had to wait in line at all. I have already set our ADRs and FP+ reservations, so how much good would this do me? Is it worth it, especially at this point? Based on their crowd calendar, the parks we are visiting are set to be a 6 each day. I have done a lot of research and have an idea of what we want to do (2 parents and 2 small kids), but I also don't want to be running from attraction to attraction. Thanks!

Tinkerkelle

Hopefully your kids are early risers? Getting to the parks for rope drop can get you a good start as queues are shorter in the first couple of hours. Getting to rope drop early means you are through bag check and turnstiles ready to be one of the first in.
The parks are big and can mean a lot of walking. Familiarise yourself with the park layouts and have an idea of where you want to start and how you want to work round so you're not zig zagging unnecessarily.
Make a list of must-do attractions and check average wait times so you know what to get done first. Headline attractions are often best done first thing.
If you've done the research and know what you want to do, you should be fine. The ADRs and FP+ lock you in a bit but can be changed, although you might not be able to or want to swap really popular choices.
Have a fab time!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

A friend recommended this site and said they hardly had to wait in line at all. I have already set our ADRs and FP+ reservations, so how much good would this do me? Is it worth it, especially at this point? Based on their crowd calendar, the parks we are visiting are set to be a 6 each day. I have done a lot of research and have an idea of what we want to do (2 parents and 2 small kids), but I also don't want to be running from attraction to attraction. Thanks!
You might want to address your question to @lentesta since he's a member here.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Yes, it is worth it (in my opinion). Already have ADRs and FP+? No problem -- you can ignore the "canned" touring plans and instead use the site to make yourself a "Personalized Touring Plan." You input the date and time of your visit, along with the attractions you want to do (and how many times), your desired walking pace, whether you prefer to wait more or walk more, and your FP+ and ADRS (and how long you want to eat), and the program will optimize a touring plan for you that incorporates all of those things, plus takes into account park hours, hard ticket events, estimated crowd levels, etc. You'll end up with a touring plan that gets you everywhere you need to go -- when you need to be there -- plus a park map showing each step in your tour. I like to have it make an optimized custom touring plan, and then if I find that certain steps aren't convenient, I rearrange it and then have the program re-evaluate my revised plan to see how much wait time (if any) I've added, and make sure I'm still getting to my FP+ and ADRs on time. For an OCD, uber-planner who loves to plan, touringplans is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It does cost a few dollars to subscribe (I do the 3-year subscription to save a couple bucks), but in return, you get a lot more than just assistance in making touring plans. It also has information on all the restaurants and resorts, some fun room finder tools and a restaurant menu search tool, that I enjoy using to track down where to find our favorite snacks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mukta

I am a huge proponent of touringplans.com I never tour the parks without a touringplan because I refuse to wait more than 15 minutes in line for anything.

I also use their app inside the park to see how long lines are, show times and if other parks are less crowded.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

I apologize for jumping in this convo, but I'd be interesting in trying out the site as well. I check it daily in the blog and waiting times, just didn't know if I should purchase the full site.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I apologize for jumping in this convo, but I'd be interesting in trying out the site as well. I check it daily in the blog and waiting times, just didn't know if I should purchase the full site.

Happy to help. In general, anyone here that wants to try it out, just send me an email. I'll send an email invite for a free sub.

Try the hotel room view thing for POFQ. Click on a building and it'll show you all of the rooms in that building. Click on a room and you'll see the view from that room. When you find a room you want, we'll automatically fax Disney your room request 5 days before you check in.

We don't have every room yet at the deluxe and DVC resorts, but we're approaching 31,000 photos. I think we have everything from the mods, all the values except AoA suites (and we have a lot of those), and decent coverage of deluxes and DVCs.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

Happy to help. In general, anyone here that wants to try it out, just send me an email. I'll send an email invite for a free sub.

Try the hotel room view thing for POFQ. Click on a building and it'll show you all of the rooms in that building. Click on a room and you'll see the view from that room. When you find a room you want, we'll automatically fax Disney your room request 5 days before you check in.

We don't have every room yet at the deluxe and DVC resorts, but we're approaching 31,000 photos. I think we have everything from the mods, all the values except AoA suites (and we have a lot of those), and decent coverage of deluxes and DVCs.

What a great service. It is high on bells and whistles but sounds fantastic. I always considered myself an excellent
planner but I am defiantly going to check out your site if you provide this level of detail.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
Touringplans is cheap enough... you should just buy it anyways for a trip.

Considering how much we throw money away at Disney.. spending $10ish bucks for something like this is easy :)

Upvote 0

cgulls

It's a great idea to have a touring plan and TouringPlans.com is the tool we use for ours. You can create a personalized touring plan by entering your existing FPP reservations and ADRs, then adding the attractions/shows you want to see, whether your goal is reduced walking, reduced wait times, or a balance, the hours you'll be at the park, and the tool will suggest the order you should tour. Once you're in the park you can use the Optimize feature as the day goes on based on what you've actually accomplished.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I've always had success by following their plans/advice. I frequently recommend the site to people asking for my help. Its full of accurate info, an easy site to maneuver through and extremely helpful to both the novice and experienced Disney traveller. I cant take a trip without utilizing their site. Soooo glad its available for making my trips successful and stress free.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Being able to make Personal Touringplans and using their Lines App while on vacation makes it worth it to me, especially since you can optimize and re-optimize your plans as your day progresses. It has saved me a ton of time.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I love the peronalized touring plan component that comes the full membership. I do it for every trip and only wish there was one I could purchase for our upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris!

Upvote 0

draybook

@lentesta for President. Who's with me?!!!

Upvote 0

basmal8

I purchased the touringplans subscription. I was really impressed at first. However, I have found an issue: it doesn't like my fastpass+ choices. I get a message indicating that the fastpass attractions weren't considered as they may result in longer waits in line or take more walking than in the plan shown. I appreciate the knowledge that I 'could' do things better if I had a different FP+ time, but I have what I have. The FP+ times are the best I could get. Why won't the site use the times I input even though they may not be ideal?? Very frustrating. Makes the entire plan useless really. Any help out there?

Upvote 0

Takeitforgranite

I subscribed to TP a few months back. I liked the way they they use actual ride times to come up with crowd levels because that is really the most important thing to us. I also like how they show how they did the previous day. We are going at the end of May, so we will see how accurate they are.

I have also noticed significant differences in various crowd calendars. I think it's just getting harder and harder to predict with so many different variables. I feel like ride closures is the biggest factor that doesn't really get factored in (and sometimes can't). We have had a few "disaster days" in our experience, and I can chalk them all up to temporary ride closures. They can really throw everything out of whack because it is really a domino effect. Back in Jan, we headed for RRC 5 minutes after rope drop, only to find a 20 minute line there already. We soon found out the TSMM started the day closed. It threw off our whole game plan for the morning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom