The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing the interior pictures. I'm more curious about the pictures you posted yesterday of the exterior of the buidlings. Is it common for Canadian builders to build so many homes together in one long building? Do people up in your area prefer not to have their own, stand-alone house; in other words, is this a common trend now in Canada? I couldn't decide if I liked it from the outside, but also thought that maybe when they landscape it, there may be a whole different "feel" to those homes.
Yesterday's pics were of a condo townhouse project.
142 units (priced from $550,000 - $650,000) built on the ravine property that used to be home to the Builder's first mansion - 13,000 sq. ft., with a separate original one story clapboard bungalow.

Today's pics were from Hubby's second project - fully detached homes on 41' and 50' lots, priced from $1.2 mill.

In case you hadn't figured, land is very dear in Richmond Hill.
The lot price alone for the Ph. II detached homes has been increased by $250,000. That's a jump of a quarter million dollars per lot.
And now you know why I don't live in Richmond Hill.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yesterday's pics were of a condo townhouse project.
142 units (priced from $550,000 - $650,000) built on the ravine property that used to be home to the Builder's first mansion - 13,000 sq. ft., with a separate original one story clapboard bungalow.

Today's pics were from Hubby's second project - fully detached homes on 41' and 50' lots, priced from $1.2 mill.

In case you hadn't figured, land is very dear in Richmond Hill.
The lot price alone for the Ph. II detached homes has been increased by $250,000. That's a jump of a quarter million dollars per lot.
And now you know why I don't live in Richmond Hill.

Thanks for the explanation. They're both different developments, and that's clearer now. The condo prices are really high, although I'm sure once they're built, they're probably very nice inside. Not that I have $650,000 to begin with, but if I did, I think I'd still want to buy a home set off by itself somewhere. I like space. Probably my dream home would be a log cabin out in the woods (but with running water, electricity, and satellite TV!) :hilarious:

donaldtoo

At the model home all day with Hubby.
A few unprofessional shots:

From the kitchen, with a view of the "back" staircase:
View attachment 90395
View attachment 90397
View attachment 90406

Master bedroom:
View attachment 90398

Master bath:
View attachment 90400
View attachment 90401
View attachment 90402

And the upper great room, where I just had a 15 minute nap:
View attachment 90404
FYI - the blankie left my black slacks totally covered in fuzz. Oh, how I suffer for my work. :hilarious:

Oh my, poor you. :( ;)
Nice! Love the free-standing tub in the Master Bath (or as some call them, "bathing vessel"). Very popular with many of our clients these days, too. :)

StarWarsGirl

Is the tornado warning still active in your area? Aren't tornadoes rare for MD? Anyway, be safe and stay tuned to the weather reports.
They are rare but not unheard of. Compared to some areas, we get them far less, but we get the warnings every few months, and when we do get them, they are bad. I remember in high school there was one, and one of my teachers could see it and was just trying to get away from it. Another a few years back caused problems near my grandfather's house. We were glad because it was a bit too close to him for comfort.

I wasn't worried about being at school since it's on a hill. Driving home was the issue, especially if it had been super windy. Nice light show on the way home, though

It turned out to be fine going home. We have a severe t-storm warning now though.

donaldtoo

They are rare but not unheard of. Compared to some areas, we get them far less, but we get the warnings every few months, and when we do get them, they are bad. I remember in high school there was one, and one of my teachers could see it and was just trying to get away from it. Another a few years back caused problems near my grandfather's house. We were glad because it was a bit too close to him for comfort.

I wasn't worried about being at school since it's on a hill. Driving home was the issue, especially if it had been super windy. Nice light show on the way home, though

It turned out to be fine going home. We have a severe t-storm warning now though.

Stay safe!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Goofyernmost

Okay, guess which burger is mine.

View attachment 90413

Oh Five Guys, how I have missed you.
View attachment 90414
View attachment 90415
I just went to 5 Guys on Saturday. I don't get the fries because I am not that crazy about French Fries so they are just wasted calories. If I am going to go for 1000 calories it will be for something I really like. I just had the little Cheeseburger, but, a pretty respectable pile of peanuts as an appetizer and dessert.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was just thinking about 5 guys the other day. The closest one to us is about 45 minutes away, I actually need some stuff for my June trip. Maybe I should do some shopping and noshing at 5 Guys this weekend before I chaperone our High School's prom.

I am a fan of Mooyah Burgers rather than 5 guys. Their fries are a lot better too in my opinion.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We have a 5 Guys less than ten minutes away, and a Mooyah about 15 minutes away.
Have yet to try either... :oops:
Just sooo many other burger places around. Mighty Fine, P. Terry's, Moonies, etc..
We have none of these other burger joints y'all are talking aboot. (That was for you @Goofyernmost.). Just got Five Guys quite recently.

Fingers crossed they NEVER build one in my town. I would soon weigh more than five guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom