Delta Experiences?

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Hi all,

We are booked on Delta from BWI to Honolulu (with stops of course). Anyone have any experience with Delta? Are they good about being on time? How are the flight attendants? Any info or experiences would be appreciated.

mouse_luv

Delta has been my preferred for a long time. The only reason I don't fly them to WDW anymore is having to fly through their base of ATL. lol When I can now fly direct on other airlines that I have come to like. :D They are usually on time or early from my experience and the flight attendants nice/civil.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Delta was an "okay" experience with us. We used to use them all the time. However, that was mainly due to the ability to choose our own seats. Delta broke its trust with us when they (like most airlines) decided to install baggage fees. This was never an issue before 9/11, but they used that as an excuse to start this dirty business trick. Southwest is our only choice for airlines now because of this. BUT, to answer your questions more directly... Delta is usually on time. No more late than other airlines. They have an 83% on-time rate. If they are late then it is due to unforeseen circumstances. Not the idea that they are just slow to get going. The flight attendants can be a chore to deal with. They almost seem as if they are forced to be there.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Hi all,

We are booked on Delta from BWI to Honolulu (with stops of course). Anyone have any experience with Delta? Are they good about being on time? How are the flight attendants? Any info or experiences would be appreciated.

Delta is our preferred carrier. The only delay we have EVER experienced with Delta was from a return to JFK on an international flight. There were terrible thunderstorms which clearly was not the fault of the carrier. Delta to Honolulu should be a pleasant flight. All flight attendants we have experienced with Delta have been true professionals.

kap91

Always fly delta from Orlando to la. Never had any issues, usually arrived ahead of schedule. I mean it's a modern airline, not exactly the lap of luxury, but pleasant nonetheless.

G00fyDad

To be fair, all we used to use would be Delta so we didn't know how much different the attendants were. Don't get me wrong. They are professional through and through. They just seemed cold and distant after we got to see how SW attendants behave. You'll have a wonderful flight regardless. The attendants do not make or break any flight. You only see them when it is time to get refreshments or food, or boarding and deboarding.

Weather_Lady

I'm not a big fan of Delta and have little experience with them. However, if you want to start monitoring to see if your flight tends to be on time, you can use this site. Just plug in your airline and flight number: http://flightaware.com/

It gives information on that day's flight, plus statistics (departure/arrival/delays/cancellations) for that flight for the previous couple of weeks. I check it every week or so if I have an upcoming flight, just to see if it has developed any timeliness issues or is frequently delayed.

BuddyThomas

Has anyone tried the fairly new Delta Comfort+ seats yet? A pop up window asked me if we wanted to upgrade for $39.00 and it supposedly includes extra legroom, priority boarding, snacks, premium tv channels, and adult beverages as well as snacks.

Any reports?

Ben_since_1971

Has anyone tried the fairly new Delta Comfort+ seats yet? A pop up window asked me if we wanted to upgrade for $39.00 and it supposedly includes extra legroom, priority boarding, snacks, premium tv channels, and adult beverages as well as snacks.

Any reports?

Haven't used the new iteration, but I used the old Economy Comfort, which was just the extra leg room and the priority boarding. If it's a long flight, definitely worth it.

As for Delta as a whole (original poster), I travel a lot for work and Delta is my preferred carrier. They are no better or worse than others (save for Useless Air - hopefully American can clean that reputation up) but I have now become a big fan of Southwest.

216bruce

They've been OK with us, but we haven't used them a lot since until recently we lived near an airport that was a United/Continental hub. Delta did provide us with our most memorable airport moment though...Once on a very tight connection we were literally running to the gate to board in Atlanta, and as we approached the gate the woman scanning passes yelled to us "I'm closing this gate in ONE MINUTE, so you'd better hurry." We were running and obviously within her sight. She looked and sounded like Louise Jefferson. I felt like a scolded George Jefferson.

MrDee

You can have a good or bad experience on any airline, but I have noticed the differences between general attitudes and demeanor from places like Southwest and JetBlue....they just seem happier than those at the old legacy carriers, and it seems to translate to the service received. For me, Delta has always done well...but so has American.

harryk

Have flown Eastern Airlines, TWA, Pam Am, Delta, United, American Airlines.
Overall Eastern was the best. United was towards the bottom. The flight staff for all have been very good and nice. The conditions on the flight is what determines the satisfaction factor for me. Since Eastern went under, we have flown Delta, since they have the only non-stop flights at the hours we fly to and from Boston and Orlando. We never consider direct flights in that we don't want to waste time getting to WDW. (Have used the sleeper seats on United on a recent trip to Ireland -- great experience and well worth it on long flights).

RonAnnArbor

Always fly Delta -- have never had a problem. Professional, always on time (in 40 plus flights a year I take with Delta, I don't think one in this entire past year was late)...a few years ago I had one that had an hour delay.

The more you fly with Delta, the better your perks become automatically with their Silver/Gold/Platinum etc levels...mine waver between silver and gold from year to year depending on number of flights....Silver = free luggage, automatic upgrades to comfort class and/or firstclass where available...gold = other stuff, better chance of first class upgrade, etc...

I would never take an airline where I can't choose my seats in advance, and Delta has consistently been rated one of the best airlines year after year -- and almost annually the highest in on-time flight departures/arrivals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom