AK Lodge Question - Renting Binoculars

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I'm considering a Savannah Room stay at AKL.

Does anyone know if you can rent Binoculars from there to use in the room?

If so, do they offer models with night vision?

mouse_luv

No. You can't. You can only go out at the outdoor lookout near the lobby and use them.
And honestly, if you have a Savanna room (which we always get), you really wouldn't need them.

aw14

We had a sunset savanna view in February. At no time did we need binoculars. Everything was very upclose, you will love it

thomas998

My only stay there was in the Summer and I would ask you why you wanted the binoculars... it was only very early and very late that any animals were around to be seen... I've heard that people have had good experiences seeing animals in the cooler parts of the year, but my experience in June was not Noah's Ark by any means...

epcotisbest

My only stay there was in the Summer and I would ask you why you wanted the binoculars... it was only very early and very late that any animals were around to be seen... I've heard that people have had good experiences seeing animals in the cooler parts of the year, but my experience in June was not Noah's Ark by any means...
This past Sept. We had lots of animals just outside the balcony almost all day long, every day. Binoculars are fun to look the giraffe and zebra right in the eyes. Did not need them but enjoyed having them.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
This past Sept. We had lots of animals just outside the balcony almost all day long, every day. Binoculars are fun to look the giraffe and zebra right in the eyes. Did not need them but enjoyed having them.
That was my thinking. That, and night vision ones could be neat!

But I didnt necessarily want to drop hundreds on some or lug them along in my luggage.

epcotisbest

That was my thinking. That, and night vision ones could be neat!

But I didnt necessarily want to drop hundreds on some or lug them along in my luggage.
We drive and that makes bringing ours along easy. I bring my Keurig as well. Watching the animals up close is fun. I bet the kiddo will love it.

Last edited:

DABIGCHEEZ

I am DVC... and did not and will not spend extra points on savanah view( or extra cash). Just not worth it in my view, since there are so many spots to view the savannahs from. I am a birder, so always have binocs in van, but don't need them for the animals on the savannahs. We did chec out thenight time savanah viewing activity when we stayed there a few years back... they had a few pairs of nght vision binocs... but was really not impressed with it. Kind of an "ok, I've done that" kind of thing. It is actually silly to view them throgh night vision when you can see them in all their splendor during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom