Innoventions West to Close in May?

RSoxNo1

Epcot does seem to be on the same downward spiral that the studios have been on…

Things continue to close and nothing new replaces it.

I mean if they can get their act together and start having things the refurbished and come online between 2017 in 2020… It would certainly stop some bleeding.
@articos and now @marni1971 intimating something about Epcot...

I haven't heard anything, but count me far more optimistic about the future of DHS than Epcot right now. I'd love to be told otherwise though.

The Empress Lilly

And every store, yes. I don't think Rio del Tiempo was ever a sponsored attraction, nor was American Adventure, Impressions du France, or Reflections of China.
...and Renault for Impressions de France, to add to Marni's list of the others.

Nobody sponsors a foodfest for imbeciles. But shiny, progressive, futuristic, human EPCOT was quite popular with sponsors, who loved to be associated with it.

Otterhead

Apart from the promenade never used to be cluttered and messy with food and drink sheds.
They've had an extremely successful Food & Wine fest that lasts for three weeks of the year. Then the "messy" food and drink kiosks are gone. But I guess only "imbeciles" visit during that time, correct?

Otterhead

Three weeks? You want to check that? I think you may be wrong.
I didn't mention the word imbeciles. So I can't answer either way.
My mistake! I looked at the wrong dates. It's six weeks, I believe.
And yes, I know you didn't say imbeciles. It was a dig at TheEmpressLily and not directed at you.

maxairmike

Plus roughly half of them are brought back out for the nearly 3 month F&G festival. So very nearly half the year the Showcase promenade has these booths cluttering it up.

That's completely ignoring attraction issues in Future World. At best the park is intellectually/imaginatively stale, which considering its intent and conceptual premises is very sad.

Otterhead

Plus roughly half of them are brought back out for the nearly 3 month F&G festival. So very nearly half the year the Showcase promenade has these booths cluttering it up.
The F&G fest is 11 weeks long. So that's 18 weeks out of the year with some sort of food booth at Epcot.
1) That's just over 1/3 of the year. Not 'very nearly half'.
2) I'm unclear as to why themed booths offering food are "clutter". But I'm not here to whine, so, hey.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
@articos and now @marni1971 intimating something about Epcot...

I haven't heard anything, but count me far more optimistic about the future of DHS than Epcot right now. I'd love to be told otherwise though.
As long as people keep showing up in droves, begging to spend their money to get into a park, to spend their money on food and drinks during their festivals, Disney is going to continue to think they can ignore Epcot, and it will continue to be the theme park that soared at the highest highs and fell to the lowest lows.
At this point they should just close down Future World and charge people 50% off to get into World Showcase and treat it like Pleasure Island.

Brer Panther

Anyone who expects a Big Hero 6 revamp of Innoventions shouldn't get your hopes up. Unless it's "Frozen", Disney doesn't seem to care about their recent films.

I imagine it'll probably just sit empty like Wonders of Life for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom