Ant Man

Matt_Black

I guess this is what became of the same Superman who fathered a child with Lois and then is a deadbeat dad who creeps on his kid outside a window? (I really hated that movie)

Oh, you've not watched any Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Get on that! It's basically a love letter to 50s & 60s comics, the Adam West Batman show, 70s & 80s TV, and more. The showrunner said something like "This show is basically Superfriends except we're allowed to show characters punching each other."

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm just waiting to see if Ben signs on for Mallrats 2. I'd rather see him in an Kevin Smith movie then what I've seen of the new DC movie so far.
anKGbvV_460s.jpg

doctornick

I've always been a Marvel guy over DC, but still enjoyed the later. The new trailer for BvS: DoJ was okay IMHO. I mean, the basic premise outlined for the film -- people don't know how to react to Superman, whether to idolize or even worship him versus fear or suppress him -- seems like a reasonable take. But the cinematography worries me, after the bleak images of MoS. I really disliked MoS, it didn't feel like Superman to me. I want Superman to be a beacon of hope and needs to be larger than life. And the movie should be colorful, not gritty. The trailer scenes being dark and foreboding worries me that we are getting more MoS style presentation.

Patton Oswalt has an interviewing floating around talking about it -- it's great that Batman can be brooding; that's his thing. But it works when he's the only one brooding. The other characters should be different. Superman should be the boy scout of the DCCU.

Matt_Black

Indeed. I remember a Superman comic from the 90s where Supes is recovering a sunken ship, and he's smiling and imagining pirate treasure and thinks, "You know, if I were Aquaman, I'd be doing this kind of thing all the time!" THAT is the kind of Superman I want to see, a hero who takes genuine joy from what he does.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Buzzfeed posted a long story about Joss Whedon and the Avengers today and he has a few quotes about Wright's departure - http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/j...ing-soul-crushing-marvel-adventure#.hvZ3X303A

enhanced-buzz-wide-22984-1429574295-7.jpg

When asked six weeks later if he had anything else to say about Wright’s departure, at first Whedon replied, “No.” And then he kept talking.

“Only that I don’t get it,” he said with a sigh. “I thought the script was not only the best script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel script I’d read. I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa. I don’t know where things went wrong. But I was very sad. Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened.”

Lots more talk in the article about how hard it is to work in the Marvel machine. Everythign you do has a cause and effect on every other movie and tv show in the line up.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Posters -

11407297_10152817101962035_6828759729357994659_n.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Ant-Man-Thor-poster-411x600.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Ant-Man-Iron-Man-poster-411x600.jpg

Matt_Black

I still can't believe that Rocket Raccoon and Ant-Man got movies before Wonder Woman. As someone who had the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe in his middle school binder, I think it's awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's still mind boggling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom