MDE - Friends and Family - Assistance Required

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Hi all

First of all, let me apologise if this has been posted before.

I have a MDE account and I manage my brother on there. This was set up when we booked our September 2015 trip. My dad created his own MDE account for him and my mum for their trip which occurs at the same time. In the intervening period, I made an ADR for the four of us and entered all our names at the time of booking.

As a result, I have my folks listed as friends and family, but I can't actually get my MDE to connect to their account such that the ADR appears in their list, and they can't get their MDE account to connect to mine so we can potentially share the Memory Maker thing if required.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, hope my message made sense!

Thanks in advance!

lilclerk

As a result, I have my folks listed as friends and family, but I can't actually get my MDE to connect to their account such that the ADR appears in their list, and they can't get their MDE account to connect to mine so we can potentially share the Memory Maker thing if required.
What does it do when you try to invite them?

RememberWhen

Call the MDE people. I don't have their phone number on hand, but it is findable online. They can straighten all that stuff out. You will need to know the email addresses And names of the accounts you want to link. They are super helpful.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
We had the same problem. The MDE folks knew immediately what it was - they said it happens all the time. They went into everyone's account and changed the account settings to allow everyone to see everyone else's plans and make plans for everyone else. It took 3 minutes and all was well. I would have spent hours on the phone calling everybody and trying to walk them through making the changes. Make the call, you won't regret it!!!!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Thanks for the help, everyone!

As it happens, I got my dad to appear as a friend on my account and I appeared as a friend on his. However, we still have no joy when trying to share the other members of our parties. However, they don't have MDE accounts (at the moment). Whenever we try to link by reservation or by "people you might know", it always comes back with an error message.

We've still got 139 days until departure, but I'll probably contact them at the weekend.

Once again, thanks for the assistance. Glad to know it's not just me!

Kingoglow

In my experience everything is much easier if everyone makes a MDE account. Then link everyone with the friends and family tool. Have everyone check the email address that they used to make the MDE account and accept the friends and family invite. You can have everyone provide their email information if they trust you enough; that way you can do all of this yourself.

Then everyone should be available to you. Have everyone go into their accounts and see if all party members show up for everyone. Check your options to allow others to see and modify plans (but tell them not to do it since you are handling it).

At that point you can make reservations for anyone and everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom