The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

RMichael21

Original Poster
IDI and myself are about to go live with our "Fallen Comrades" podcast paying tribute to the ten castaways that led the way to the final four.

latest

Twists that I had in store? I'd like to remind my castaways that the game is not yet over...

TheOriginalTiki

It arguably worked out better there than it ever did on Survivor. Jokers got sent to RI in the opening twist before the teams had even formed, and he made it back from RI at the merge only to be sent back there again the very next project...only to AGAIN come back and go on to win the whole season. Definitely one of the most unique arcs for a winner in SYWTBAI lore.

DinoInstitute

--Before I begin my submission for the final Immunity Challenge, I would just like to thank everyone involved that ended up leading me to this point, including early teammates @jdmdisney99, @JoseLorenzo, @Matt7187, @InfiniteRightEar97, Baxtanu-rivals @Aaron O, @Sam4D23, a strong group of merge competitors/allies @englanddg, @LittleGiants16, @Zweiland, @TheOriginalTiki, @JokersWild, @Vipraa, @tcool, and of course the geniuses that put this together of @MA Screamin' and @RMichael21! It's been a great season and so much fun, and without further ado, I present to you my submission for the challenge that literally allows us to share our vision of a perfect WDW, "Rehab Rally!"--

-----
April 18 2015
WDI Files
WDW Imagineering Master Plan

Files include the master plan for the Walt Disney World resort for 15 years (2016-2030). View each individual site for the specific plans each part of WDW has in store.

Magic Kingdom Master Plan

Epcot Master Plan

Hollywood Studios Master Plan

Animal Kingdom Master Plan

Waterparks Master Plan

WDW Resort Hotels Master Plan

WDW Resort Complex Master Plan

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Immunity Challenge Critiques

Vipraa

Outstanding job these past three weeks @Vipraa! Let's see how you did:

- I love the homepage and the overall look of the website, very clean and professional. Well done!
- Also, I like the overall plan layout and having more details in the respective tabs
- Sure, a rotation for fireworks add variety, but a new show mixed with an old show could keep the rotation unbalanced. I feel just replacing Wishes all together would have been better.
- I LOVE the Buzz refurb, it's exactly what the ride needs
- For the PPF refurbishment, you say a new ride system. Is it the same concept as before or is it a new concept
- I really like Once Upon a Time, but I feel that Celebrate the Magic is too new to be replaced. A refurb with new segments would have worked better to be honest.
- Is it just me or did you use Walt's in a previous concept? I feel like I recognize it.
- Why have the MSEP name continue. It seems like a different parade but with similar music.
- I'm not sure an entire dark ride can fit in the Merida M&G space. Sure, most FL dark rides are in confined spaces, but Alice needs more space because of it's sprawling outdoor track
- I loved the idea of the Platinum Celebration, well done!
- I absolutely love the idea of the Festival of the Future, it sounds great! My only thing is that now there's only a few months of the year where there isn't a festival. Festivals are supposed to be temporary events, not something that should be happening for 2/3 of the year.
- I'm not sure how I feel about the Tron Coaster. It's just... meh for me
- I really like the idea of a parade for Epcot. It should add some great entertainment
- Great idea to expand DHS parking. It should help handle the crowds that are sure to flock to the expanded park.
- I love the nighttime show just as much as I loved it before!
- I like the parade, but it seems too focused on The Lion King
- I really enjoyed reading about North America, it's a nice expansion that we really haven't seen that much of before
- The TTC expansion was great, but an update of the buildings themselves would have been nice
- I LOVE the idea of new monorails, but a different design could have been cool. They look similar, almost too similar to the current models.
- I wish that you would have focused on the water parks, resorts and Disney Springs. The challenge is for all of WDW, not just the parks.

In sum, you did an amazing job @Vipraa! You've been an outstanding competitor this season!

tcool

Great job this challenge tcool! Let's see how you did:

- I like the look of the website, very organized. Well done!
- I like how you divided them into months, but that really isn't necessary.
- I'm not sure TLM and The Lion King work in another Value resort considering they're already represented in AoA
- Rivers of Light isn't supposed to debut until 2017 BTW
- I like how you included small things like aesthetics and announcements. It adds a very realistic feel.
- I love how you included the affects new attractions had FastPass+, well done!
- I'm not sure a 45th anniversary warrants a large celebration. Maybe a ceremony, but nothing big. Especially with the big 50th a mere 5 years later.
- Also, it seems that you kind of just refurbished a bunch of rides and passed it off as a celebration.
- Isn't the Enchanted Tiki Room already back to it's original show? I may be mistaken, but I'm not quite sure
- I like the idea of a Princess and the Frog musical, unique!
- A refurbished MSEP? meh
- March really isn't a Spring Opening to me TBH. It's more of a really late Winter. I think a May or June opening would have been better for Pandora
- Why Brother Bear in the new ToL show? It wasn't a very good movie compared to Bambi and Pochahontas. There's plenty of Disney movies with animals. Brother bear just doesn't seem to fit. I don't know, there's just something about it.
- I like the character updates, but it seems like too much to be happening all at once
- BTW, Innoventions is closing in a month or two, so I'm not sure it fits with your plan.
- I love the additions to FoF!
- I like the idea of Flower and Garden moving to Epcot, but the whole point of the Food and Wine Festival is to taste foods from other countries. This doesn't quite fit the theme of Disney Springs.
- BTMRR just got a new track back a year or two ago. I would have liked to see DL's finale lift hill come to DL though.
- I'm not sure a roller coaster in the Amazon is necessary. I would have liked to seen something different.
- I LOVE Villains Live! But, why change the name from Villains Tonight? Villains Live makes it sound kind of tacky.
- I really like the idea of a Brothers Grimm boat ride, well done!
- Star Wars Land opens kind of far in the future for what's currently being set up now
- tcool, here's my main concern with your project. There's either too much or too little going on at once. Too many opening attractions, it seems unrealistic. Then, no new major attractions for a long expanse of time. I know that this is blue sky, but it seems that it really went way past that. While there was a lot of detail in everything that you did, there's just too much happening at one time and too little happening in others. You need to find a balance.
- Also, I wish you would have included years that had nothing going on, to help this balance.

Overall, outstanding concept this challenge @tcool!

IDInstitute

Amazing concept this challenge, @IDInstitute! Let's see how you did:

- I'm not sure how I feel about the websites being separate for each category. While organized initially, it becomes and small, slight annoyance to click in between different ones. I know, I'm lazy. ;):p
- I feel like with your different websites, it's hard to really locate balance in your proposal. A list from everything in the resort would have been nice.
- I really liked the Ranch House and the model. Did you make that in Sketch Up? Well done!
- You really went into detail with everything. Well done!
- I'm not sure an extension of a dark ride warrants a whole show building. I feel that you could maybe have extended into it a little bit and added an extra scene and then put a brand new dark ride in the empty space. To be honest, a new dark ride would be appreciated, considering your MK plan seems light on new attractions
- You really don't allow time for the refurbs and construction to actually happen. Take tcool's concept for example. He told us when the attractions closed or when walls went up and when they opened with a new or refurbished ride.
- I liked how you kept 2020 project free, but some general refurbishments could have been nice. Not over the top overhauls, but smaller show enhancements.
- I'll say this again like I said with the 50th challenge, new attractions for the 50th! Just refurbs or rides and facades and new entertainment is nice (that's what they're doing with the 60 at DLR), but new attractions are what really will make guests want to come to WDW.
- I really liked the new Tomorrowland Galaxy Defense, well done!
- I'm not sure how I feel about taking the interactive queue out of the SDMT.
- I LOVE the idea of the Polynesian Spirits coaster. Well done!
- As I said the tcool, I'm pretty sure that Innoventions West is set to close next months
- I like the Venezuela Pavillion, it's a really unique idea. Well done!
- You opened a science pavillion, but isn't that partly what innoventions is? Showcasing some new technology?
- It's about time for a refurishment of Fantasmic!
- I really like the idea of a new restaurant in the Oasis.
- TBH, PreHistoria sounds centered around dinosaurs. Why not keep the DinoLand name and get rid of Chester and Hester. I would have liked to see other elements of Ancient Life like maybe cavemen, the ice age and more.
- I LOVE that you're bringing back the idea River Country. It should help disperse guests even more at the water parks
- Toy Story is already at one of the All Stars, so it doesn't make sense to include it in AoA. Another disney classic would have been nice.
- While I like the idea of a DAKL sister resort, I feel that the whole animal viewing doesn't lend itself well. Unlike Africa where there is a flat somewhat tree-free area with larger animals, Asia would be a highly densely forested area with smaller animals. I'm not sure upgrading to a "Jungle View" would be worth it IMO.

Overall, great concept this challenge, @IDInstitute!

JokersWild
;)

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Immunity Challenge Results

This has probably been the closest challenge the whole season. All three concepts that were submitted were outstanding. However, @IDInstitute won because he had the most thought out and balanced proposal. @Vipraa came in a VERY VERY close second, only losing because of his lack of focus on resorts, water parks and other resort wide things. And @tcool finished also a VERY VERY close third, only earning his placement because of his somewhat unbalance refurbishment plan. @JokersWild came in fourth for obvious reasons. ;)

You will now vote in your voting booth for who you would like to vote off of the island. You may not vote for @IDInstitute. In addition, @JokersWild's Vote will be cast towards himself. The eliminated contestant will become the eleventh castaway voted out and will join the jury as the seventh member.

jdmdisney99

I just thought I should say that I was a terrible helper this week for Vipraa. With a constantly morphing schedule and a lack of outright stake in the game, I barely assisted Vipraa. I typed a couple blurbs, but that's it. I'm amazed and thankful Vipraa was so open, and that he/she was still able to put together such an awesome project still. Sorry Vipraa, great job! :)

RMichael21

Original Poster
Finale Twist

@IDInstitute, @Vipraa and @tcool as well,
outstanding job, you all really came out of your shells.
Wait! Don't you think there's time for one more twist,
want to know, there's a hint you could possibly have missed.

Remember when I said, that "speech" on this page,
and italicized are some hints, only I know the meaning from here backstage.
The specific slanted words are island and cook,
what does that mean, perhaps take one more last look.

Flip them around and what do you get,
Cook Islands, please tell me your getting this yet...
No, you need more information?
Well, the twist is pulling into the station.

Survivor Cook Islands, who watched this season?
There's a twist that happened, it's there for a reason.
Want to know what'll happen, y'all want to cut to the chase?
Fine, let me tell you, this game's about to change pace.

You have just voted out one of your own,
but now you must vote out another, who? It's unknown.
As the winner of the challenge, IDI holds the power,
he'll decide who gets voted out by the end of the hour.

But in case you don't understand my poetic words,
I'll write out this twist for you and the birds.

That's right, you're not in the clear. In a mashup of twists from Survivor: Cook Islands and Survivor: Cagayan, it'll be a final two and not a final three like I've always claimed.

As the winner of the final Immunity Challenge, @IDInstitute will decide who he would like to vote off one last time. The castaway not eliminated will plead his case alongside @IDInstitute to the jury as too why they deserve the title of The Sole Imagineer.

RMichael21

Original Poster
The Finale

We're here... After 101 days of strategy, creativity and fun, we have reached the end. But, before we can crown a victor, we have to have a final Imagineer's Council. This is where the jury comes in.

Your jury is made up of eight individuals:

@englanddg
@LittleGiants16
@Zweiland
@TheOriginalTiki
@JokersWild
@Vipraa
@MA Screamin'
@RMichael21

They will decide who deserves to win this game. Here's how the final Imagineer's Council will work. On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, @IDInstitute and @tcool will make their opening speeches to the jury. It can contain any information, and can be of any length. However, it must be a forum post. But, the main focus should be centered around why you deserve to be crowned The Sole Imagineer. After these speeches have been read, I will have each juror come forward and ask questions to the finalists or tell them something that is on their mind. Once these have concluded, it will be time to vote. Each juror will cast one vote for who they would like to win.

On Thursday, April 23 at 5:00 PM EST, a victor of The Sole Imagineer will be crowned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom