The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And, yet again, I hafta' throw in my plug for what I think are the most awesome donuts on the planet, Round Rock Donuts...

8092569212_54396e86b0.jpg

These things are beyond delectable :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:, and they were also featured in the Man vs. Food Juan in a Million Don Juan breakfast taco challenge.
This video's kinda' corny, but, the donuts are to LIVE for...!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

OMG . . . I'm drooling . . . :hungry: I really enjoyed the video, because here is yet another example of a small business that is unique, and does things the old-fashioned way. The tried and true recipe remains the best, even to today's standards. I love how they do everything by hand, too. Wish I lived closer. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh you have to visit Chicago sometime and you will take that back Sir!
20130506-250812-staff-picks-favorite-hot-dog-chicago-main.jpg

I grew up about 20 minutes away from this place and one night last summer my DD told her friends she had never been to Gene & Jude's (a crime.) They came that night and kidnapped her and off they went. By the way Gene & Jude's does not have ketchup. The McDonalds next door sells ketchup though at 25 cents a pouch.

20130429-250193-gene-and-judes-flood-rebuilding.jpg

VvrcFpuVCzPCTswLHxIHvFASF0GjD9_V0aY1L93LJp1iPXM2o9PSn2ZyHpif7U_SISo1INLgEuaLZYEasr0pqOQ=s320-c-e365

Me I am a bit of a radical, I omit the relish and stick just to the real Kosher Pickle.

Wow. The people in your area are serious about their hot dogs!! That looks positively delicious!!!!!

Progress.City

My other sister (Sara) called me about an hour or so ago for an emergency at her condo (my condo, actually) because this critter got in...

image.jpg

Yes, that's a bird. I got there and gently guided it out with a broom. Now, I'm exhausted.

Oh, and we got a wild life sign put at the entrance of our development the other day warning us that there's coyotes in the neighborhood. I'll post a pic of that sign tomorrow.

Lizards, birds, coyotes, oh my!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow, she is adorable! She has my sister's face! She's doing okay, though I mind my own business about female issues... Lol

Ha! Can't say I blame you. Just checking to make sure Sis came through well as well. Some Mom's tend to be a tad forgotten once the baby is born which for me was not a pleasant process. Even all these years later I still inquire about the new Mom's well being. Sometimes a simple offer of can I make you a cup of tea is a welcome gesture.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Dairy Queen review:

I had my yummy hot fudge sundae, DD banana cream pie minus crust blizzard and Walt had his child sized vanilla cup. We were all pleased with the meal.

I also bought a medium Blizzard to taste test. The new salted caramel chocolate truffle blizzard.

Both my DD and I liked it well enough but we both doubted we would choose it over our other favorites. Glad we taste tested it though to know. To me anyhow it was chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks tossed in. The chunks had little bits of salted caramel in them but being frozen in the blizzard they required chewing them to release the caramel flavor. There were also other tiny bits of frozen caramel sprinkled in there but they were kinda frozen and way too hard for added flavor.

I'll stick to my favorite hot fudge sundae or vanilla cone. Wally on the other hand was the only one to seem to enjoy the truffle as much as his dinner treat. :rolleyes:

Eric1955

I find it interesting that you guys from the norther north america, put very little to your hotdogs.

I was surprised how "empty" the hotdogs were in WDW (except for the chili version)

Here in my country, they even set "buffet" like of additional toppings.. from smashed fried potatos ( aka potato chips from a bag crushed), and all kind of toppings (onions, jalapeños, fried stuff, melted cheeses.etc..)

Most americans I know, say they only put (at most) yellow cheese and mustard. :eek:
Me in the other hand, put cream, Mayo, Mustard, Cheese, Jalapeños, Onion, little bit of chopped tomatoes and sometimes bacon.

I don't like hot dogs. Instead I just eat chili and cheese on a hot dog bun.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I usually don't like watching stuff about the American Revolution. I think Canada had it right not going along with that whole sinful and treasonous revolution thing. God save the Queen!
mobrun.gif

American Revolution is my favourite (see what I did there) part of American history and then America went downhill from there where yes, the mother country should take us back. And we can become citizens and everyone knows what that means....London.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom