Very angry about Fast Pass + choices or lack there of for June 17-20!

Dwarful

@CAPTAIN HOOK I am hoping truly that the stand by lines aren't as long with this new FP+ booking system. I guess I should give it a try before "bashing" it. I just miss being able to get fast passes when you want to. Although, all of the fast passes for the popular rides were usually gone before noon. LOL.:eek:

Don't get your hopes up for shorter stand by lines. We have gone twice using the new FP+ system...last June for 10 days and this year Feb 25 - March 3. I will say during the spring trip we were able to adjust FP's the morning of and snag some A&E FPs. But we found longer wait times for other rides that didn't used to have FPs. We aren't thrilled with all of the changes and this will be our first summer without any Disney trip. The girls have asked us if we go next year if we can stay on property at Uni. first and then do some days at WDW. :(

EmmieSue

Our trip at the end of May last year was done without getting any fastpasses at all and without making a single ADR until like...half hour to an hour before we ate. We did just fine without it all. Rode everything we wanted to, including minetrain and toy story mania. It really wasn't bad at all.

This time around we have fastpasses and ADRs set for some days, but not all. Very happy with how things turned out honestly and can't wait for the trip in about two weeks.

Disney World is very much doable if you are flexible and you do your research about how to time things. It can be done.

cat hem

Going to try the new FP system when we go in Oct. I was never the "rope-drop" person (I'm the last one out of the park at 2:00 am!) The one thing I always hated was the guide for the 100+ group feeding the FP machine and watching the return time tick, tick, tick up... UG! won't miss that!

Dwarful

When we went the groups were all just blocking the fp machines to get their additional fp and they were all trying to coordinate....it would be nice if they had one kiosk area set up specifically for large groups.

HouCuseChickie

OK...I'll add in a few thoughts :)

The parks are now letting people in around 8:45a and by 9am, the popular things are boasting very long standby wait times. We didn't pop by the A&E M&G, but I remember being over by SDMT just after rope drop...maybe about 8:55 am...and the standby line was already about 2.5 hours. I was a dork and took pics of the insane line. Not sure if the M&G is any better, but you might start watching the MDE app each morning to see what standby times jump to right around park opening to see if it's even worth dealing with the potential stampede. Conversely, you might also see what waits are like around Wishes. Again, didn't try it with A&E, but we rode SDMT standby one evening...got in line about 30 min before the start of Wishes...posted wait was 45 min...only took about 20 min to get through the line.

I don't love the tier system in Epcot or DHS either. It's more manageable in Epcot though. We had FP for Soarin' very early since even that FP line is known to back up. Test Track was busy, but that line is at least interactive and moves. Of course, there were no tier 1 FPs left when we exhausted our first 3, but Epcot has more to do so it wasn't really frustrating. DHS on the other hand...I think the best FP we could get after exhausting our first 3 was Muppets. So, we hit up RnR's single rider line. It was still a fraction of the time posted for standby.

AK at least worked pretty well and MK- beyond A&E and SDMT -we were always able to get more decent FPs. So yeah...don't love it...but also don't missing having to run for FPs when a park opens. And the reality- they've invested waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much $ into this to let it fail. We know they work slowly with changes, so we may see more modifications with the system, but who knows when.

Finally, stalk the website. You never know when someone might change plans. I think we were 2 days from the start of our trip when I snagged one for SDMT at my ideal time. You just never know :) And ultimately, you'll be at WDW and you noted you're finally going to get to try BOG! I'm sure you guys and the boys will have a blast!!!

ArtificialArtist

@ArtificialArtist It is sad.:( Technology has ruined our society beyond anything our kids can ever imagine! Disney has fallen into the world of technology as well. Innovation yes, but if it doesn't quite work, then someone needs to try and fix the problem. I don't have the answers, except if Disney keeps "pricing out" those of us who love Disney, then maybe some day Disney will have to do something about the rising prices! I can't imagine in 10 more years having to pay 150$ or more for a park ticket!:eek:

You effectively pay 140$ for a one day hopper already :(
Just nobody pretty much buys a one day ticket, as the admission days get cheaper with each added day.
My last experience wasn't pleasant, not just because of the pricing.
Another thing that annoys me is how they both (Uni and WDW) implemented the 14 day expiration limit.

thomas998

I booked my ADRs at 180 days (as always) and was fortunate to get everything we wanted, at or around the time we wanted. I have revisited the site several days since then, trying to fine tune what we have. It works.

I have never used the FP+ system. I'm used to running to FP turnstiles and grabbing tickets on the day in question. It worked, it appeared fair. I don't know what advantage we get (other than resort guests have first choice) on planning a park day over 8 weeks in advance.

I'll reserve judgement until June 13th when I get to book my FP+

The whole point of the new system seems to be to generate more traffic staying onsite, because lets face it some of the prices at some of the hotels begs the question of how do you justify the cost... This creates another unquantifiable perk that people will put various amounts of value on in order to justify the overpriced rooms.

bethymouse

Original Poster
I just wanted to let everyone know that I sent an email about my experience with the new FP+ system. I was shocked to receive an email and a phone call in return! There was nothing the CM could do about it, but I just found it nice that my email was "answered".:)

rob0519

Just an opinion, but I wish they would do away with free dining or at least do away with free dining at table service restaurants. I think it would make getting reservations at least a little easier and many locations.

bethymouse

Original Poster
Well, thank goodness for the past year 1/2 at least free dining hasn't been offered, just 15-25% off room rates specials. But, it can be a nightmare trying to plan those ADRs. The specials have also been play/dine as well, so I guess they have had some "free" dining incentives. Overall, if you're not a Disney resort guest, it is quite difficult to be able to eat at a table service restaurant unless you have reservations. The popular ones are very hard to get, especially Be Our Guest.:eek: FP+ is also a nightmare, especially booking popular attractions!:eek: We just love WDW!:joyfull:

seahawk7

I can not believe that at midnight for the 60 day period to choose fast passes that the Anna and Elsa Meet n Greet is already completely booked! I am also not happy that you have to choose between Soarin/Test Track and TSMM/Rockin Roller Coaster! Any of your thoughts, comments, suggestions would be appreciated. Moderators, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I am just frustrated!:mad:
I don't like the tiers myself. I'm sorry you can't find what you are wanting for fastpasses. I had the same problem when booking fastpasses for HS.

Courtney6682

Will people be mad at me and my family if only *I* wait in the standby line and tell my husband to take our youngest for a snack or walk while I wait so her wait time isn't as bad?

Kingoglow

No worries, I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't do it; no one likes long lines. Just that someone might grumble a bit. I am sure that this happens all the time though.

I mean, what if someone in line has to use the restroom? Surly they leave and come back to their group. Don't let something like this hinder your vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom