Trip Report A very Happy 40th Birthday to me!

Hello everyone! My name is Tammy and I have been creeping on this site for about 2 years now but I finally decided to sign up and write my 1st trip report. This was the 3rd trip to Disney World for both my husband (Brian) and I. Our 1st trip was in Sept 2011 for our 10 year anniversary and I was hooked :p. I convinced Brian that we had to go back for his 40th in 2013 and we decided to go for the Star Wars week-ends in May that year. We are both geeks so it was right up our alley :cool:. I had actually written up a trip report for that one but I was too shy to post it :oops:. Before we had even gone on our 2nd trip I had already planned to go to Disney for my 40th in 2014 and luckily we were able to make it happen :geek:.

So
since I am on stay-cation this week I think it is a good time to relive our wonderful Disney memories. Also I need an escape from our crazy weather. We are from New Brunswick, Canada and winter has been brutal for the Maritimes :arghh:.

Here I am crawling across the snow to try and get to our car after one of our many storms this winter :hilarious:.

Here is a pic of Brian also trying to get to our car that same day

So without further delay (this report is late enough already) on with the trip report:

Day 1 - Tuesday, Oct 28th

We arrived at the Orlando airport about 1:30pm and caught the Magical express to the All Star Sports resort.

Check in went smoothly and we were on our way to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Sorry for our messy looking plates but we started eating before I remembered to take
the picture :rolleyes:

After dinner we did a little shopping and then decided to go explore the Fort
Wilderness Campsites because I heard that some of the campers decorate for Halloween. I also had another motive - Gary and Carol Cruise happened to be vacationing in Disney at Fort Wilderness at the same time and I was hoping to meet them. I follow their trip reports whenever they go to Disney and apparently according to Brian I am officially a stalker :jawdrop:. I casually passed by their campsite - ummm about 3 times but did not see them out so we continued along. Here is a pic of their campsite...

And a few other pics from that night

We got back to our resort, unpacked and were in bed about 11pm.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Great start to the day to see the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom. All of the pictures were really cute especially the Anna and Elsa with the funny faces. Speaking of funny faces what was up with Brian and all the faces? Following along.

I was very happy we made it to the opening show. What can I say...my husband is quite the character sometimes...lol.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We decided to try stand-by line for BOG again and this time it was open...woohoo :D.

Oops crooked looking castle.

The Disney details :happy:.

This looks like a hot mess but it was delicious :hungry:.

I wanted a nice pic of Brian at the table and this is what I got...:banghead:

I may have gotten slightly annoyed so I got this with the 2nd picture...

And he may have been laughing at me :cautious:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After another wonderful experience at BOG we went for a ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine train.

We stopped to chat with Sebastian on our way to the Jungle Cruise or should I say Jingle Cruise :happy:.

Funny stuff :D.

Now it was past time for Brian's afternoon nap ;) so we headed back to the resort. We had plans for another exciting 1st in the evening :happy:.

Waiting for the bus...

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
You two remind me very much of my husband and I, and how we visit the parks...having fun, trying foods, etc. Also it can be hard to get a normal picture of him as well :p

Love love the photos, again!

Beastly74

Original Poster
You two remind me very much of my husband and I, and how we visit the parks...having fun, trying foods, etc. Also it can be hard to get a normal picture of him as well :p

Love love the photos, again!

Thanks so much :). I am very glad that my husband is not afraid to act a little crazy while we are in Disney.

Beastly74

Original Poster
So we both had an afternoon nap and then we were off to HS for the evening because it was opening night for...

:D

Check out the crowd...:eek:.

Brian's reaction to the mob...

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Your husband looks like a riot! He must have you laughing constantly:). What an awesome trip you guys had!

Well maybe not constantly...lol. Like any marriage we have our moments ;) but he has a wonderful sense of humour (cdn spelling) that I definitely appreciate.

Beastly74

Original Poster
I wanted to stick around to search for the hidden black cat but I could tell that the crowd was getting to Brian so we left to check out the frozen area. Not really excited about the fake snow...have enough of the real stuff here...:rolleyes: but I can see the appeal for kids.

After we caught the Little Mermaid show and went on The Great Movie Ride.

We never used flash at any show/ride...promise :happy:.

A couple pics on our way out of the park...

Then it was off to DD for dinner again :happy:.

I was getting as bad as Brian-constantly ordering the same thing. I tell you this pizza was addictive. I couldn't even wait to take a pic before I started eating :hilarious:.

Brian tried the pepperoni pizza and he said it was good too.

We did a little shopping and then called it a night.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Love all the pictures from the parks and of course the Osborne lights display. The two of you both seem to have a great sense of humor and a fun time while at Disney. Following along.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 12 - Saturday, Nov 8

We decided to visit the AK again today because we really wanted to see the Flights of Wonder show. 1st Brian had to get breakfast...

Believe it or not it was not their biggest donut :jawdrop:. I was not any better-for breakfast I had the leftover cheesecake from WPE :hilarious:.

We started our visit with a trip to Rafiki's Conservation Station (I think that is the name?).

We saw this amazing guy who had been saved but was not able to be released back into the wild. I believe it had something to do with one of his wings.

It was great to see the kids interested in his story :happy:.

Hey this guy looks familiar - I believe it was a family member of his that greeted us outside our door a few nights ago...lol.

Chip was outside playing with the kids...

We made our way back to the mainland because it was time to see the show we had come to AK for in the 1st place.

After the cute show we stopped for lunch at Yak and Yeti for another delicious meal. I was carrying the tray and I managed to make it all the way to our seat before I dumped my pop all over the table :(. Sorry no pic of that mess...lol. Luckily the pop(soda) is huge so Brian and I shared the one that survived.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Accidents happen, the pictures of the birds were spectacular. Love the breakfast pictures, were did you get that donut? Following along.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Accidents happen, the pictures of the birds were spectacular. Love the breakfast pictures, were did you get that donut? Following along.

Thanks :). I am not sure where he got the donut... a small kiosk at the front of the park I believe. I do know that he loved it :joyfull:.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We took another walking trail after lunch...

My what big claws you have!

He is too cute :happy:.

Now it was time for the safari and we finally got a peek of the lion.

May 2013 we had gotten some fantastic pics (even one of him standing) but this year he did not want the paparazzi to bother him.

Blurry selfie but I like the waterfall in the background.

The rare "bird" tree.

Finally we braved Dinosaur. Now I think this ride is great-amazing details-but it really scares me :eek:!

I had to hold Brian for support :hilarious:.

We decided to try Primeval Whirl.

It was more intense then I thought it would be...lol.

We ended our day at AK with a thrilling ride on Everest...

Then it was time to leave the park for the last time this trip but it was still early and the MK had EMH so we were off to enjoy more Disney magic :D.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
"We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day."

After oohing and aahing over the castle we went to round us up some grub at Peco Bills.

Another thing of beauty :joyfull:.

We enjoyed our very messy but awesome meal and found a seat to watch the Electrical Parade.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

I've read a lot of trip reports here (I love them :D) and I have to say your photos of the FOF Parade are some of the best I've seen!! I think I'm going to back and look at them again. :)

Beastly74

Original Poster
I've read a lot of trip reports here (I love them :D) and I have to say your photos of the FOF Parade are some of the best I've seen!! I think I'm going to back and look at them again. :)

Thanks you! I will pass that compliment on to my husband too as he took just as many pics as I did while we were there :happy:.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next it was time to watch the fireworks...

Hidden Mickey :)

As you can tell-it was raining but I will share a secret with you...rainy EMH's are the best. :D Shhh don't tell anyone.

Failed selfie

Luckily a nice person offered to help us :happy:.

We still had lots of time left in the park so we saved the world with the help of Buzz, took a spin on the TTA, watched Monster's Inc and raced through Space Mountain.

Serious gaming faces :D.

Hahahaha...I laugh every time I see this pic. I think I look slightly insane o_O.

Brian's reaction to my looney grin...

Lost the Space Mountain pics again but next up we took a ride on POTC, visited the Haunted Mansion, met Anna and Elsa and fastpassed the Seven Dwarf Mine Train.

Our picture with Elsa did not turn out :(.

We ended the night with another ride on the Mine Train-no fastpass needed and the last ride was Winnie the Pooh (and Tigger too).

Past his bedtime :hilarious:.

Nope he's ok ;).

Another selfie attempt...

And then one with some help...

We had such an amazing night...so much fun. I cannot find the words to describe how I felt that night but I am sure many of you know exactly what I am talking about. 6 months later and I still smile when I think about it :inlove:.

Crazy story though...you see that picture of us in front of the castle...Brian had his camera tucked in his jacket. Well on the way back to the resort a woman on the bus asked him if he had a gun in his coat! o_O I am not joking and she seemed quite serious. Brian laughed it off but I was completely and utterly flabbergasted :jawdrop:.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom