The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Man, it didn't take long before the "complaints" of warmer weather appeared. All we've heard for the past 8 months is "Oh, it's so cold, I hate the cold, when is it going to warm up". Now that it has we get to deal with critters, bugs, rodents and odors. It is really hard to make people happy isn't it.

That is so true. Some of the channels that I actually bought cable for were Comedy Central which is almost nothing now but Tosh O., and Futurama once had a lot of stand-up shows that were great. Travel Channel from real life possible destinations to Bourdain and his obnoxiousness doing things that none of us will ever be able to do and the other guy, Andrew something, that would eat a decayed lizard if someone put it on a stick and grilled it. How I long for the days of Samantha Brown. And don't get me started on the swamp people or any other reality show. (Also don't tell me that stuff is reality other then the shear foolishness of it)

History Channel 2 is still pretty good, but HC 1 has been taken over by aliens.
Not a complaint per se. Just an iteration of some of the downsides.
Road kill makes me gag a bit. So does stinky garbage.

But hey, at least it's not snowing.

MOXOMUMD

Ugh, I am right there with you.

They made separate channels for separate interests, and pretty much all of them have veered from that.

The most dramatic, though, is AMC...which USED to mean American Movie Classics.

Now it's shows about Zombies and Meth.

Not that I mind Walking Dead and the like.
I do like this AMC program.

Turn-1.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Not a complaint per se. Just an iteration of some of the downsides.
Road kill makes me gag a bit. So does stinky garbage.

But hey, at least it's not snowing.
Yup, each season has its downsides, but winter is altogether terrible.

Spring-Warmer finally, but now allergies.
Summer-Really warm, fewer allergies (in my case since the predominant one is grass, which I'm not allergic to) but bees, which I'm pertrified of
Fall-Pretty, but more allergies and it's about to turn cold.
Winter-snow, colds, illnesses, flu season, bad road conditions...really, what nice things do I have to say about winter other than I'm glad for that brief relief from it known as my Jan WDW trip?

The nice thing about Spring: I discovered that I had a cold yesterday, and it's been weeks since I last had one.

StarWarsGirl

Hmph. Men.

My mother has something going on and has been gone since 7 am. This morning, my dad asked me to vacuum, so I did. Then later, he walked through. Right where he had walked, he left this trail of dirt. He had been working out in the yard and didn't take his shoes off. So I went out and confronted him. He gave me this kind of sheepish, guilty grin and said, "Well, why don't you vacuum it again?" Hmph. Yeah, I already vacuumed it, and someone messed it up. Not vacuuming it again, at least not until everyone is inside for the night.

Then not even five minutes later, my brother walks in. I tell him no shoes in the house, so thankfully there was no more dirt, but he gets himself a cup of juice...and promptly spills it all over the floor...and then was about to walk away expecting me to clean it up! I stopped him and told him to clean it up.

Glad I didn't decide to mop today...:rolleyes:

donaldtoo

I find it interesting that you guys from the norther north america, put very little to your hotdogs.

I was surprised how "empty" the hotdogs were in WDW (except for the chili version)

Here in my country, they even set "buffet" like of additional toppings.. from smashed fried potatos ( aka potato chips from a bag crushed), and all kind of toppings (onions, jalapeños, fried stuff, melted cheeses.etc..)

Most americans I know, say they only put (at most) yellow cheese and mustard. :eek:
Me in the other hand, put cream, Mayo, Mustard, Cheese, Jalapeños, Onion, little bit of chopped tomatoes and sometimes bacon.

Actually, one of my favorite hot dogs is a chili cheese dog with mustard and onions. We make them at home. :hungry:
That bein' said, I can eat a good hot dog on nothin' but a plain, fresh bun, as well. :)
As I've posted before, no ketchup on my dogs.
Although, DWifey does like ketchup on hers, and I will finish hers if she can't...! :D

StarWarsGirl

I looked at the prices for the new iwatch...yeah no thanks. It's really just a phone on your wrist.
Amen. Do not see the use for it.

I spent $30 on a watch a few weeks ago. To me, there's way more value in a good $30 Timex watch. Mine is waterproof, so I can snorkel with it (the primary reason I got it, since my parents don't snorkel with me and it's easy to lose track of how long you've been out there). And it has a stopwatch, timer, and alarm. Does pretty much what I need it to do.

I don't need something on my wrist when I can easily pull a device out of my pocket and do the exact same thing. But there are people who have money and who love Apple products who will line up for these.

Also, I answered your iTunes question in the appropriate section for ya.:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Amen. Do not see the use for it.

I spent $30 on a watch a few weeks ago. To me, there's way more value in a good $30 Timex watch. Mine is waterproof, so I can snorkel with it (the primary reason I got it, since my parents don't snorkel with me and it's easy to lose track of how long you've been out there). And it has a stopwatch, timer, and alarm. Does pretty much what I need it to do.

I don't need something on my wrist when I can easily pull a device out of my pocket and do the exact same thing. But there are people who have money and who love Apple products who will line up for these.

Also, I answered your iTunes question in the appropriate section for ya.:)

I have six Timex watches, all in the same price range (some were on sale at that price). They range from classy to very sporty, and I have them in all colors. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news...
I spent some of last week workin' on another monster house design for a guy in Dallas.
The kicker is.......he's an architect...!!! :joyfull:
In all fairness, though, he's a commercial architect, and does no residential design, but, it still sounds a bit odd anyway. ;) :)

That reminds me a little of one of my bosses at work. She's brilliant at everything, but for some odd reason, she's uncomfortable replacing the toner cartridge (you just pull out the old one, and snap in a new one). I always keep a few boxes nearby the printers. If the toner needs replacing, she'll stare at the (unopened) toner box and then ask me if I can "help her" with the toner! :hilarious: She has a PhD by the way . . . and an MBA.

donaldtoo

agree, History Channel is always about guys in pawn shops, aliens and Hitler.
nothing else. :|

The age of "reality shows" is really dumbing down the content even further.

And, yep, that's exactly my point. "Reality" shows have taken over way beyond too much for my taste.
But, follow the money trail...
They wouldn't be airing them if they weren't getting the ratings (ad revenue). Sadly, it looks like they're givin' most people what they want, and the idiocracy will continue for the foreseeable future... :cautious: :cool: :cyclops:

MOXOMUMD

Our last full day of the cruise I felt 100% better. (Once home I developed a bit of swimmer's ear so that must have been the onset.)

seuss_breakfast.jpg We had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss Character breakfast that was held in the Sapphire restaurant. :geek: Two opportunties each day were held and limited to about 100 guests so you could enjoy the characters more. In attendance were Thing 1, Thing 2, Cat in the Hat and Sam I Am.

SeussAtSea_Characters.jpg

Entering the restaurant the first thing to catch your eye is a huge Cat ice sculpture. The tables are also decorated in what I consider to be very Seuss colors. The menu was even printed in Seuss rhyme with his characters.

20140629_142411.jpg image.jpg

Things 1&2 and Sam come to your table during the meal while Cat has his own area because he is so tall. (My daughter is 4'10" and he towered over her. :cat: ) The meal starts with Moose Juice (orange juice) and a basket of breakfast pastries. (I may have eaten both croissants. :oops: ) Our entrees were Truffula Tree Pancakes and Green Eggs and Ham! :hungry: I'm not sure why they chose to call them truffula trees because they look like Cat's hat. The "green eggs" were scrambled and delicious.

(Not sure why I can't post another picture but :brb: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our last full day of the cruise I felt 100% better. (Once home I developed a bit of swimmer's ear so that must have been the onset.)

View attachment 90180 We had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss Character breakfast that was held in the Sapphire restaurant. :geek: Two opportunties each day were held and limited to about 100 guests so you could enjoy the characters more. In attendance were Thing 1, Thing 2, Cat in the Hat and Sam I Am.

View attachment 90181

Entering the restaurant the first thing to catch your eye is a huge Cat ice sculpture. The tables are also decorated in what I consider to be very Seuss colors. The menu was even printed in Seuss rhyme with his characters.

View attachment 90184 View attachment 90185

Things 1&2 and Sam come to your table during the meal while Cat has his own area because he is so tall. (My daughter is 4'10" and he towered over her. :cat: ) The meal starts with Moose Juice (orange juice) and a basket of breakfast pastries. (I may have eaten both croissants. :oops: ) Our entrees were Truffula Tree Pancakes and Green Eggs and Ham! :hungry: I'm not sure why they chose to call them truffula trees because they look like Cat's hat. The "green eggs" were scrambled and delicious.

(Not sure why I can't post another picture but :brb: )

This is GREAT! What delightful, breakfast fun you had!! I'm so glad you took pictures of this; it was cool how they decorated the tables and everything, too. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom