Nice backside ;)

SpiffyScribbles

Original Poster
Ok seriously though. I'm considering making a model of The exterior of Phantom Manor. I've easily found referance photos of the front and sides and most of the surrounding area. I cannot find a picture of the backside. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that it is mostly hidden by trees, not very guest accesible and probably relatively plain. If anyone has somehow gotten their hands on a picture or video of it and is willing to share it here it would be much apreciated.
Also this would be my first time building a model, so any information you feel you could share about that would be welcome as well.

HolleBolleGijs

There are trees blocking it, but it is also right up against the show building, a covered railroad crossing, and then backstage offices. A lot of CMs walk right by there going to/from costuming, but you can't see the manor.

Unfortunately a photo probably doesn't exist...

SpiffyScribbles

Original Poster
There are trees blocking it, but it is also right up against the show building, a covered railroad crossing, and then backstage offices. A lot of CMs walk right by there going to/from costuming, but you can't see the manor.

Unfortunately a photo probably doesn't exist...
I figured. I think I'll probably just end up improvising the back based on the rest of the building.

The Empress Lilly

Here are the blueprints. Façade 3 is the back. It is largely unthemed and obscured by the large show building behind it.

il_fullxfull.444960518_ksc0.jpg

il_fullxfull.444964875_85uc.jpg

SpiffyScribbles

Original Poster
Oh, I just love that sort of stuff and my internets is really good.

Keep us informed of the backside work being done on your model!
Will do :) I haven't started building yet. I'm still doing sketches to familiarize myself with the building, and since this is my first time I may try a simpler model of some sort first, but I'll definitely be sure to post all progress on this thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@SpiffyScribbles try Apple Maps. DLP was rendered in pretty good 3D.

image.jpg

You can't get much closer, but should be able to figure out rough dimensions, the connector corridor, the show building and the Diorama tunnel if you pan and zoom around.

The Empress Lilly

Ok seriously though. I'm considering making a model of The exterior of Phantom Manor. I've easily found referance photos of the front and sides and most of the surrounding area. I cannot find a picture of the backside. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that it is mostly hidden by trees, not very guest accesible and probably relatively plain. If anyone has somehow gotten their hands on a picture or video of it and is willing to share it here it would be much apreciated.
Also this would be my first time building a model, so any information you feel you could share about that would be welcome as well.
I remembered to take some pix backstage:

Paris Mai Juin 2015 0062.jpg

Paris Mai Juin 2015 0082.jpg

Paris Mai Juin 2015 0072.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom