What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Yesterday - 8x400. Hopefully this will count as my terrible run for this training cycle. Everything was off including but not limited to: my Garmin being *really* off during my warmup, and me forgetting to use the lap button and not the stop button after 5 of the 8 intervals so my resting intervals were either too long or too short. Plus my heart rate got really high and took a long time to go down, probably should not have run a 90 second 400 on my last interval, oops. On paper this looks like a strong workout but it sucked. It was 70 degrees yesterday I am going to blame the bad run on the weather, that seems like a good thing to do.

Today - running 4.5 miles home from work and trying to get some leg strength in between trips to the laundromat, gotta get it in while you can.

@JillC LI - glad to hear things are starting to pick back up for you. Can't wait to see some photos from Europe, your kids are a great age to go and enjoy it.

imagination30

6this morning i got a early start.. ask me.. why i dont know i just felt like it .. had to do some yard work... so after that it felt so nice out side .. 61 degrees to be exact and a nice cool breeze ... so i didnt even change to my running shorts or any thing .,.. just went in what i moewd in .. but I did my longest training run so far.. with race week 2 upon us .. did 6.45. to bring me to 146.50 for the year so far!, I prd last week ., i guess still feeling the high from that so lets try for it again next weekend!:)

Last edited:

Mr mom

normally take weekends off but my knee felt sore Wednesday night so I took Thursday and Friday off. More normal today so I did 6.2 miles. The best part was that I managed it in 55 minutes. My speed is starting to come back. Won't track my speed again until I figure I can get it back under 50 minutes.

Texas84

6.3 miles in the new neighborhood through a light misting. Discovered beautiful views of the golf course that can't be seen at 0530. Hills seemed easier today but I had a bit more sleep.

Time for new shoes. Do I break out the runDisney Goofys or keep them in the box?

LindsayLoves

Just under 12 miles in 1:52, I lost satellite reception around mile 4 so I am glad I was running based on time and not mileage because it seemed pretty off after that point. I made an effort to push the effort/pace the last quarter of the run which was interesting and something I need to do more. Very glad I brought water with me, even had to re-fill at a fountain towards the end. It was 60 degrees at 7am, spring where are you? It seems like we skipped straight from winter to summer. :(

@Texas84 - use 'em!

imagination30

a beautiful night to watch the sun go down as you run... --- started off walked the first two mile with mom , then on the way home , I ran up to the local school and did 2 laps around the parkinglot circle.... then ran back home!... so I did 4.12. : to bring my total for the year so far to 150.62 , and for the month of april . to 29.89. with a race to go next sat!

JillC LI

Did 3.5 miles alone Saturday morning and another .5 with the dog for 4 miles total, the most I've done since my health issues began. Felt strong. Still have pain in my wrist, but if any joint has to hurt, I'll take the wrist over anything in the legs.

@Texas84, wear the shoes occasionally. It's like good china - if you're afraid it's going to break when you use it, then you never actually get to enjoy it. I always use ours on special occasions.

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - I agree - wrist pain over leg pain any day. Glad to hear that things are starting to come together for you exercise wise.

Yesterday - 6.4 miles in 53 minutes. I didn't have a plan so I just started doing 20 seconds hard and 1 minute easy intervals after a 1.5 mile warmup. I did this 17 times with paces from 6:09-7:25/mi, since I was doing it on a normal running route I had 20 seconds hard on uphills, flats, and downhills which was a nice change from all flat or hill speed work. Wrapped up with a nice 2.25 mi cooldown. This workout was fun and while 20 seconds hard doesn't seem like much I was starting to feel the fatigue towards the end.

Today - 30 minutes of easy running with core and arm exercise when I get home.

JillC LI

3.5 miles on TM last night. No pain. :)

@LindsayLoves, after what I went through earlier this year, I'm afraid to push my luck too much and wind up back there again. So I keep my pace in check, and I limit my distance. If I have to eventually cap my distance at a 10K (which I'm not back to yet) in order to be able to run forever, I'll sacrifice my beloved longer runs.

Kristia

@JillC LI Glad to hear you are able to get in a little distance again. Saw Coryna over the weekend at her daughter's school play. I have another friend whose daughter was also in the play. It truly is a small world!

Did a 9 miles on the weekend and 5 miles on Tuesday. Probably won't get to run again until Friday. We have 5k in Atlantic City on Sunday (running on the boards) and next weekend is the Broad Street 10 mile run in Philly.

6laurac

3 plus on treadmill due to the rain and cold. Yes I'm up at 2:30 am now.;)

Random question for any takers, do you take your training shoes and running socks or more broken in running shoes/socks to Disney when you go? I don't want to "use up" my running shoes.

Mad Stitch

My first race of the season is done. I ran the Hermes Cleveland 10 Miler today in 1:25:16. It was a little chilly, 45 degrees with a breeze coming off Lake Erie, but once we got running it felt good. I represented by wearing my W&D shirt. I also saw a WDW Marathon, Goofy, and Dopey shirt. My wow moment was a guy who crossed the finish line at the 1:40:ish mark pushing a triple wide stroller loaded with toddlers.

89f4521c-72f9-4450-9bb8-d4ccc4feed10_zpsnkxxaat4.jpg

LindsayLoves

Random question for any takers, do you take your training shoes and running socks or more broken in running shoes/socks to Disney when you go? I don't want to "use up" my running shoes.

My worn out running shoes become my walking around shoes when they don't feel great for running anymore. My current running shoes are only used for running. Yes that requires packing two pairs of sneakers on vacation but I feel it's worth it.

So I complained about it being 70 degrees last week for my long run, well today it was 38 when I headed out the door. I will take the 38 over 70 for running any and every day it was wonderful. Ran 13 miles in 1:55 and it felt great and even found myself attacking the bridges/up hills. Just about a month until my next half so I will be turning the training up a bit over the next two weeks.

Mad Stitch

I take my running shoes, and my everyday street shoes. My running shoes are never used for anything besides training and races.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom