Shanghai Disney store

Nmoody1

Original Poster
I know it's slated to open in the spring... Anyone have a firm date, I plN to be in Shanghai a couple of times over the next two months! I'd like to visit, but not exactly sure on opening dates!

RandySavage

Haven't seen an opening date for the store, other than the "Early 2015" from years ago. Just looking at the March construction pics, I'd guess opening by late May is a possibility. If it does open and you make it, hopefully you can take a bunch of pics of the SDL Preview Center (supposedly part of the store) and share them here!

Good luck.

Nmoody1

Original Poster
ok. so its not open. but its fitted out! the shelves and registers are in place and tonight they were playing videos on the screen. i watched the whole loop. star wars, princess, frozen, tomorrowland, inside out, mickey short. no theme park logos/promos on screen. the castle is painted on the wall a la most imagination stores and there seems to be a large astle frame opposite the entrance doors - again, like most imagination stores. mickey planter out front is rubble and they are laying paving. in the time i was there they covered up the wondows!

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_135055.jpg
    IMG_20150418_135055.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 68

Skooterkid

Yes, everything has been open for a few months now. I've been several times and it's pretty good, definitely worth checking out if you're in the area, even just for the Shanghai-exclusive merchandise. Don't make a trip to Shanghai just to visit the store though, it's not THAT special - just wait until the park opens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom