Best value resort

cat hem

Original Poster
I'm dropping off my DD for the DCP in August. Obviously we need a cheap place to stay for a few nights. Believe it or not the WDW value resorts are much cheaper than any of the "off-site nearby" hotels. But I've never stayed at a value and I'd like some opinions about the best one. I'm leaning toward Pop Century (I'm wary about the All-Stars with the large groups that use them - I'm sure that they're at Pop as well but I'm hoping not as many?)

cbettua

AOA is by far one of my favorite resorts. I have a 4 and 5 year old and we just adore the grounds area. I also love that they always have a tuna roll to go.

Otterhead

AoA and Pop Century have exactly the same size rooms, so either one would be great -- it's more the theming differences, and AoA is a bit newer.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We have always stayed at deluxe resorts ( Animal Kingdom Lodge ). Will we be she'll shocked if we stayed at a value resort? What's the difference?
Shocked? No. What's the difference? Exactly what you would imagine. Theming, quality of accommodations, food and beverage options and quality, level of service, type of fellow guest, merchandise options, proximity to parks, etc.

ETA: The biggest difference is probably immersion. Value resorts are generic hotels with DISNEY slapped here and there. Moderate resorts often have solid theming in the common areas with more generic guest rooms. Deluxe resorts are immersive throughout.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Shocked? No. What's the difference? Exactly what you would imagine. Theming, quality of accommodations, food and beverage options and quality, level of service, type of fellow guest, merchandise options, proximity to parks, etc.

ETA: The biggest difference is probably immersion. Value resorts are generic hotels with DISNEY slapped here and there. Moderate resorts often have solid theming in the common areas with more generic guest rooms. Deluxe resorts are immersive throughout.
Thanks - I really didn't have a clue

pluto77

I agree with Pop or AOA. Although, AOA may be a bit more expensive with it being newer (that's what I've found anyway, although it may depend on the time of year, not much more though).

We have always stayed at deluxe resorts ( Animal Kingdom Lodge ). Will we be she'll shocked if we stayed at a value resort? What's the difference?

You won't be shocked. What Captain America said is exactly right. Think Holiday Inn with Disney theming (as far as accommodations go). We typically stay at deluxe or moderate resorts. For our last trip we told the kids they could pick any resort they want. They picked All Star Sports. I was kind of nervous about staying at a value (not sure why, just was). It was a good experience though. We didn't stay in our room or at the resort much. We just needed a place to shower and sleep. I guess a value is perfect for that kind of trip. As for the type of fellow guests, I wouldn't worry about that. I've seen plenty of Billy Bob's (best word without being rude) at deluxes and moderates. Any way, it was a good experience. Will I always stay at values now? No. I actually have AKL booked for the fall. We are willing to try more values though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom