Exercise in Morning at Animal Kingdom Lodge

projectaero

Original Poster
Hello.
Is there any good Exercise running tracks or gyms at Animal Kingdom Lodge that i could utilise for an hour or so in the mornings whilst at my stay there?
What would you recommend?
Thanks

dreamfinder

I believe outside of the gym your only other real legal option would be to run laps around the parking lots, and back and forth from Jambo to Kidani. The roads in that area don't have sidewalks. I have seen people running on some service roads in the area, but I believe they are technically off limits to guests.

surfsupdon

The weight room and gym was really pretty good.

Their is literally no running trail. There is a ridiculously short trail between Jambo and Kidani. And parking lots. So you can run in circles.

I disliked the AKL very much because there is nowhere to run or walk around. Outside the lobby, there is an overlook. That's it. Then out by the pool, there is a pool deck and a covered walk that leads to Mara. But there is nowhere to stroll around, like at all other Resorts. Guess the Savannah needs prevent long walkways around the circumference.

I was disappointed.

dizknee24

No running trails. You can link some of the parking lots and walkways to get a few miles in, but running at AKL is not fun or ideal. Best bet is one of the gyms on site.

sconti

As mentioned, there are no running trails at AKL. However, I've used the gyms at Jambo House and Kidani Village and both are very good. I've done a lot of early morning runs at the gym at Kidani Village especially and love it as I've had the place pretty much to myself each and every time. Generally between 5-7am. It's also a nice time to walk around either resort after using the gym, grabbing a coffee, etc. and enjoying those beautifully themed environments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom