Booking a character breakfast at the Crystal Palace, grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi guys. Been getting up at 5am UK time the last 3 days to book the Crystal Palace for 6 months time as we want the 8am (ish) slot. Between 5am & 7am UK time the site seems to tell me to try later but when I get home from work there's only 9:30am slots left :mad:

Can you please tell me what time (Orlahdo time, I'll work out the UK equivalent) is the earliest you can start to try to book online. I'm talking the time I can go on the site to book and not the dining times which I already know.

Thanks

EmmieSue

It also seems that a lot of people have been issues searching for reservations even at 6am lately. I tried this morning a little after 6 to see if anything new opened for the days we are going and I got the "we can not search for tables now" message. I also just got it a moment ago when I tried.

Tinkerkelle

Hi guys. Been getting up at 5am UK time the last 3 days to book the Crystal Palace for 6 months time as we want the 8am (ish) slot. Between 5am & 7am UK time the site seems to tell me to try later but when I get home from work there's only 9:30am slots left :mad:

Can you please tell me what time (Orlahdo time, I'll work out the UK equivalent) is the earliest you can start to try to book online. I'm talking the time I can go on the site to book and not the dining times which I already know.

Thanks

UK it's 11am on the dot. I did mine the other day. Thought I'd try a couple times before 11 but no - automated system must switch on at 11am.

It also seems that a lot of people have been issues searching for reservations even at 6am lately. I tried this morning a little after 6 to see if anything new opened for the days we are going and I got the "we can not search for tables now" message. I also just got it a moment ago when I tried.

It let me book the first 7 days but did the red letter cannot search thing for the 8th and final day of our trip. By the time I did all my other online reservations it was almost 12 so I just waited and called the line. JoLynn was super helpful and got me my chef mickey slot. I just had to link that reservation to MDE.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Been getting up at 5am UK time the last 3 days to book the Crystal Palace for 6 months time
I assume that you're staying offsite, having got up the last three days ???

A word of consolation if you don't get your time slot at 180 days - keep visiting the website. I didn't even think about a walk along an empty Main Street for a CP breakfast until almost 6 weeks after my 180 day point. I'd been searching for the last 10 days when BINGO - an 8:05 slot appeared. I grabbed it then had to alter a whole load more ADRs to work around what wasn't originally an MK day. It'll be worth it though.

The moral of the story - never give up. People are ALWAYS altering and fine tuning their ADRs - right up to the day before the reservation. This means that as they book a new one, one has to be cancelled

mergatroid

Original Poster
I assume that you're staying offsite, having got up the last three days ???

A word of consolation if you don't get your time slot at 180 days - keep visiting the website. I didn't even think about a walk along an empty Main Street for a CP breakfast until almost 6 weeks after my 180 day point. I'd been searching for the last 10 days when BINGO - an 8:05 slot appeared. I grabbed it then had to alter a whole load more ADRs to work around what wasn't originally an MK day. It'll be worth it though.

The moral of the story - never give up. People are ALWAYS altering and fine tuning their ADRs - right up to the day before the reservation. This means that as they book a new one, one has to be cancelled

Yes we have a place near Haines City so will be staying there as usual. The good news is we're there for 3 weeks and have AP's, at the moment we're 180 days away from only the 6th day of the holiday so have another 2 week 'window' of opportunity to book.

Last year I was able to book at 5am UK time I'm sure of it, so like an idiot I've been staggering out of bed and trying to book at this time :banghead:

So it's 11am UK time then, I can do that this weekend then when I'm not working.

And thanks to everyone for your advice, I thought it best not to quote you all though I appreciate all your contributions.

Tinkerkelle

I like that the system won't let you hold multiple reservations for similar dates and times. I made a reservation for Park Fare at 6:15 then staight away saw a BoG for 7:30 which I hadn't intended eating at this trip. The serendipity was too much so I quickly clicked the BoG time intending to then cancel PF but I didn't need to as it asked me to cancel PF to proceed as they were overlapping timeslots.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I like that the system won't let you hold multiple reservations for similar dates and times. I made a reservation for Park Fare at 6:15 then staight away saw a BoG for 7:30 which I hadn't intended eating at this trip. The serendipity was too much so I quickly clicked the BoG time intending to then cancel PF but I didn't need to as it asked me to cancel PF to proceed as they were overlapping timeslots.
A couple of things to add to this -
The system retains your original FP until the new booking is confirmed
ALWAYS check you MDE account after you've booked. I've found on a couple of occasions two bookings for the same time slot and one had to be manually deleted.

HouCuseChickie

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the pre-park opening slots at CP are so popular that they are often gone before day 180. i.e. everyone booking 180+10/length of stay seems to be snagging them to the point where most slots seem to be gone by about 180+3. I got shut out from CP pre-park opening on day 180 last year and had to stalk for months. Best I was ever able to get was an 8:40a.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom