How long does it take?

3BratsToDisney

Original Poster
Okay a few questions if anyone can help:

How long does it take to receive your magic bands once you finished customizing them?
Does your trip need to be paid in full before they send them out?
When its time for the 60 day mark do you need these magicbands in order to start reserving FP? How exactly does that work?

thanks!

CaptainAmerica

How long does it take to receive your magic bands once you finished customizing them?
When its time for the 60 day mark do you need these magicbands in order to start reserving FP? How exactly does that work?

thanks!
The MBs won't ship until you get closer to your travel date. You don't need then at all for FP+ or anything you do at home. The first time you'll use them is Magical Express if you're using it or at your resort check-in if you're driving.

popcenturylover

They USUALLY ship out about 30 days out. What I mean by usually is that we got ours at about 30 days as most people do but, we are 2 weeks & 1 day out & my daughter hasn't received hers yet. It does say that they have shipped & delivery date should be today or tomorrow.

Kit83

WRT overseas visitors you can customize your MB before you arrive . However they will not be shipped to your address but given to you when you check in at your Disney resort . Not your question OP but others may want this information .

Last edited:

Rob562

thanks!

Look at the customization countdown on the Magic Bands order page that says "You have xx days left to customize/change". Your Bands will ship 1-2 business days after that countdown reaches zero.

In the case of a package reservation, you have to pay that off 45 days before your trip, so yes you'll have paid off the balance before they ship, but that's a function of the package and not the bands. If you have a Room Only reservation, you don't even have to pay off the balance until you arrive.

Bands arriving also have nothing to do with making FP+ reservations. (If you're not staying on-site, you don't get Bands anyway, yet still can make FP+ choices at 30 days out)

-Rob

drp4video

Just got our magic bands today, April 17, and we arrive May 13th. Course when they arrived they have a warning about using them if you have a pace maker or hearing aids or other medical devices, so as my 82 year old mom has a pace maker, we probably won't be using them.

3BratsToDisney

Original Poster
so I don't need to do anything else before reserving my fastpasses when the 60 day mark hits? (we ordered direct thru disney for room/tickets) I don't know why we are confused here on this :hilarious: but thank you all for the replies!

Rob562

We haven't got ours yet either, we will be there in 18 days. Hopefully they arrive soon !!:eek:

Did you customize them before the 30-day deadline?
Did you confirm your mailing address?
Do they indicate they've shipped in MDE? (There should be a tracking number included)
Are you outside the U.S.? (Bands do not ship internationally and will be waiting at the front desk)

-Rob

splashingatkali

Yep, customized on time. Mailing address confirmed. We are in the U.S.

The websites states under status,
"All your MagicBands are customized!
Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel."

Rob562

Yep, customized on time. Mailing address confirmed. We are in the U.S.

The websites states under status,
"All your MagicBands are customized!
Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel."

Odd. You might want to give them a call just to check on them. 407-939-7765

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom