Pre-Trip Disneymoon here we come

Hello everyone!

This past weekend I married my best friend, and what better way to celebrate an already wonderful celebration than a trip to DISNEY WORLD! After 3 short days off we are both back to work, and I am left exhausted (we moved into our house the day after the wedding as well) and day dreaming of our upcoming trip. PTO currently controls our every moment, so our disneymoon will take place in September (tears, I want to be there right now!). We weren't sure we would be able to afford it, but because of our unbelievably generous family, we were able to book our trip the day after the wedding!

A family member snapped this picture, no professional ones just yet, but thought I would share our adorable cake topper. We had hints of Minnie and Mickey through out our reception, and even on our ceremony programs. I always joke with my husband that we are Minnie and Mickey, because of our timeless friendship & love. (aawwwwwww :happy:;):joyfull:)
IMG_5518.jpg

So on to the trip...
“Yes we are going again… no we don’t want to go to Mexico”… I feel like I have said that about 1000 times over the past few months. We have been engaged for 2 years (finished up our last year of college and joined the working world for a while before planning the actual big day) and one of the biggest things for us was where did we want to honeymoon and when did we want to honeymoon. For the longest time our families had us convinced that we HAD to go somewhere new and it had to be tropical. So we get a Costco membership and check out their travel options, as much of my family uses them to go to the Mexico every year. My parents used to go to Cancun every year and leave us kids with Gma & Gpa in cold dreary Omaha, Nebraska… so they really tried to push us to go there. We went about 1 year thinking we would try the Dominican Republic, I tried to get pumped… I made a count down, I looked online for new swimsuits and read reviews of the resort we picked… but none of it felt right. About 3 months ago, at almost the exact same moment (probably after seeing a WDW commercial) my fiancé and I said “Screw it, we are going to Disney!” My family DOES NOT GET IT and thinks it’s a waste of money and we should be traveling somewhere new but for our Honeymoon we want to be somewhere we know we love, we know what to do and we know we will have the best time ever. My now husband has never been out of the country, so I do not want travel to unknown territory for our Honeymoon… maybe for our next trip though!

When: Sept. 5th-13th 2015
We ended up picking the beginning of the month after hesitation with F&W crowds and lots of helpful advice from my pals here on the forum! Also, my husband and I both have Labor day off so we will only use up 4 days of PTO (score!).

Where: Coronado Springs (in hopes we can use free dining come its announcement, wanted to stay at Port Orleans Riverside or FQ but looks like last year those weren’t options with the free dining last year)

Who: Myself
unnamed1%202.jpg

Tony-DH
1014090_10203411163338512_23001581_n.jpg

Just a heads up… we have both been on the “wedding diet” for about 9 months now… so a majority of this trip is about food… and I will probably talk a lot about all the food we love and the food we plan to eat and FOOD. Curse myself for following the Disney food blog and getting those glorious pictures every day. Oh and of course, lots of adult beverages.

Saturday September 5th

Travel day, hoping to get out of Omaha as early as we can. Not too worried about arrival time however, because MK is open until midnight that night, so as long as we get a few hours in the park that night I will be a happy camper.

Grabbing dinner at Casey’s Corner for sure. We ate there for the first time during our last trip and oh my gosh, the chili cheese dog I day dream about. Our Jan 2014 trip was COLD… we are from Nebraska, so by no means was it as cold as back home but we sat outside and tried eating our hotdogs but it was so freaking cold (35-40 degrees… it was -9 back home) I couldn’t fully enjoy it. September is supposed to be rather hot, and I cannot wait! Tony (DH) likes which ever hot dog has all the coleslaw on it. YUCK. A thing of fries and two Cokes… and our first night will be a true success.

This duck would NOT leave us alone while we ate outside of Casey's Corner, he just wanted some fries... also It was so busy a lady (not a castmember) started clearing our trays and grabbing stuff to throw away from our table so that they could take our table... she just asked "oh are you guys done yet, ok I'll clear this really quick" I swear I still had half my fries and dessert before she tried throwing away our stuff!
1150562_10203161631460371_1581044555_o.jpg

As for rides, we will see what Fast passes we can get ahead of time. Hope to hit 7 dwarves at some point this trip. Our tradition is to ride Jungle cruise first, then work our way around adventureland and then play it by ear. I am sure Tony will want a dole whip… his favorite!

Sunday September 6th

Epcot

Breakfast as Pepper Market, the quick service spot at Coronado springs. Has anyone heard anything about this or had breakfast here before? Reviews online are mixed for Coronado in general, so I am super hesitant about it all together. Wishing we could just stay at one or the port Orleans :(

While feeling very hungry on our wedding diet, sometimes Tony and I would cope by talking about our favorite meals at Disney. He actually got me a Disneyworld cook book for my birthday this year and LOVE it. My go to is almost always the chicken ceasar salad & chocolate cake from Sunshine Seasons. His was the salmon dish and crème brule. We will be hitting up that for lunch… I wish I could be eating that right now!

If you don't know what I am talking about here is a visual from our trip last year.... it took a lot of restraint to take this picture and not devour it right away!

IMG_1844.jpg

Dinner will be Via Napoli, at 6:30 pm. We are pizza lovers so we are dying to try this. Tony tried for the longest time to convince me we need to build an addition on to our kitchen with a giant stone pizza oven. Uhhh no way! Yes it would be tasty, but come on!

I never feel too committed to any rides at Epcot, that’s why I love this park. It is relaxed, and while Tony does love Soarin, fast pass plus makes it pretty easy to get one for that and not run to the back of the park and tried to get a ticket. I love living with the land and SPE, both are pretty easy to just hop on when crowds are low. I don’t mind waiting in lines either, it just give me free time to plot my next move.

Monday September 7th

Hollywood Studios

A park where fast passes really do send me in a panic is this one. I have only made it on Toy Story Mania ONCE, so getting on that as many times as possible this trip is a must on my list. Tower of terror is my second favorite ride in all the parks, grew up watching the twilight zone and just love anything scary (haunted mansion is my #1 if you can’t tell by my name).

I saw on the Disney food blog that studio catering co. got a revamp and some of the food looks really good! Maybe we will try this for lunch. Anyone been since its menu was updated?

untitled.png

Pulled beef brisket sandwich, from Disney Food Blog… YUM.

Either that or the backlot express for burgers.

Dinner at Mama Melrose, reservations at 6:50pm, with extra magic hours going until 11:30pm! I don't think I have been in HS past 8pm before haha. We have never been to Mama Melrose, but have read good things so far. Anyone have any favorite dishes/drinks here that they would recommend?

Tuesday September 8th

Animal Kingdom-Downtown Disney

Animal kingdom is my least favorite park, don’t get me wrong I still love it, but we are always fine spending just a half day here.

Downtown Disney is a blast, I love the relaxing window shopping. This is when we load up on souvenirs for our family and friends. I got my mom the cutest Minnie apron last year so It will be hard to top that this time. Hoping to get a 2015 ornament and a "wedding" ornament of some sort. I also think DH will try once again to get the ok to buy expensive art from that really nice art store (not sure of the name).

Dinner will be at the house of blues, per DH request. We had drinks during happy hour there last year and love the atmosphere. He is set on getting the ribs, which I have read aren’t they greatest but he is determined to try them. We are hoping there will be a good show that night we might be able to get tickets for. DH saw Reverend Horton heat there a few years ago so we would love to see a concert if possible.

Wednesday September 9th

Waterpark & MK

Typhoon lagoon in the AM. After that back to the resort to get cleaned up and dressed up because... We have reservations at California Grill at 5:45pm! Cali Grill was my pick, and I did a lot of research, it just seems like the best signature dining food and atmosphere wise. We wanted to get in there a little later in the night but our only options after booking the trip was 5:45 or 9:15, and eating after 9 just feels a little late! Super excited about this, I have heard wonderful things about Cali Grill! MK is open until 9 that night, so we will probably pack some comfortable shoes and spend the rest of our night at the park.

Best drinks at Cali Grill? And favorite dishes?? Most of the restaurants we are going too are new to me, any input is appreciated!

Thursday September 10th

MK in the morning, scored 8:30am breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace! I have never been, but DH loves it. Extra magic hours are at 8am at MK, what time would you all suggest we arrive to the parks to see the opening ceremony? Neither of us have ever seen it and it is high on my Disney bucket list.

Hollywood Studios in the afternoon.

Since HS closes so early we will try and do our monorail bar hop… idea stolen from the “May the Spork be with you” trip report which I loved! Dying to try a Lapu Lapu or something tropical and yummy at the Poly. Any good suggestions for bars at the monorail resorts? Some I have heard about are the Wave lounge or California grill lounge (contemporary) and Mizner lounge (GF).

Maybe catch wishes this night, since NOJ is going on our last night at MK. We will see how we hold up after our bar hop. Might be watching wishes from the poly beach!

Friday September 11th

Waterpark-epcot

Blizzard Beach in the AM

Epcot, a day dedicated to the World Showcase. Yes, we decided against F&W, but that doesn’t mean we can’t sample treats and drinks in each country anyways! We love going through the shops. I hope to do pick a pearl, and DH is always on the hunt for these strange candies either in Japan. Meeting characters along the way would be a plus, although I say that every time but I am never patient enough to stand in those lines! I would LOVE to do pick a pearl, the last time we were in WDW we were so so very broke (college, sigh) and didn't have money for any extra things so I think I may have to splurge!

The only drinks we had while in epcot... because once again we were so broke :( Sambuca for DH (nasty black licorice flavored Italian liquor) and Moscato for me. Mine was just ok, and ended up costing something like 10 dollars :eek:
1522819_10203161659181064_1362129291_o.jpg

This trip, I would share a drink with DH in each country. We will see!

Dinner reservations at 7:40pm at Teppanedo, Tony's Pick and another one we have not been to yet! We have several similar restaurants like this in Nebraska, they are just "ok" in my book but we will see how it turns out. EMH at Epcot, they are open until 11pm.

Saturday September 12th

MK

Night of Joy will be putting a damper on our final night in WDW. Park closes at 7pm, and from what I have been told they will make sure we are out of there by 7 or at least not allowed any rides. Also NO WISHES. I love ending my trips with Wishes on the final night, it is like the end is just sealed with one last bit of magic.

Playing the rest of that night by ear, no EMH anywhere that night. It will be the saddest last night of all time

Sunday September 13th

Back to Omaha :(

Any past Disney honeymooners have any advice/tips for us? We plan on relaxing and while we have dinner reservations, we really do plan on enjoying ourselves and doing whatever we want! We also didn't see anywhere that we could say... "Hey! We are celebrating our honeymoon!" when we booked our trip. Anyone know how we can do that so we have our pins ready for us at check in?

That is it for now, thanks for reading!

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your wedding and hooray for your Disneymoon! September will come quickly, but wow how hard it must be to wait. We got married on a Saturday and we left Monday for our Disneymoon and we could barely contain ourselves.
Your plan sounds so great. Happy last minute planning and anticipating and have a great time!

Ariel1986

Congratulations! And great pre-trip, look forward to reading. I definitely know how you feel on the diet leading up to a trip! No problems here reading details about WDW food, food, more food and FOOD! :D

mrdrift

Congrats on the wedding and the decision to go to Disney. All of the plans sound so wonderful and I can't wait to see all the food pictures from your Honeymoon trip. Will be watching for more details.

TheMouseFan

Congratulations! Call Disney and have them add a note to your reservations (resort and dining) that you are on your honeymoon. If they don't happen to have pins ready, just ask! Best wishes for many happy years together!!

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
116 days until our trip!

Some updates:
Flight has been booked--- We are flying out of Omaha on September 5th at 7:30am, layover in Minneapolis, and arriving to Orlando at 2:30pm. Magical express is set to pick us! We went through Delta and got a pretty good deal! We will fly back to Omaha at 8:30 am from Orlando on the 13th.

All our dining reservations are made---
Sept. 6th- Via Napoli @6:30pm (First time here)
Sept. 7th- Mama Melrose @6:50pm (First time here)
Sept. 9th- California Grill @5:45pm (First time here)
Sept. 10th- Crystal Palace @8:30am (my first time here, Tony have been several times) & Kona @7:45pm (First time here)
Sept. 11th- Teppan Edo @7:40pm (my first time here, Tony have been several times)
Sept. 12th- Le Cellier @8:20pm (First time here)

All firsts for me, Tony has been to a couple, but lots of first for him as well! Since I have only been to WDW 2 times, I get to experience all sorts of things as firsts each time I go!

Any one have favorite dishes at any of these spots? Just as important, any favorite adult beverages?

Does anyone have a preference for quick service at both water parks? We will end up eating lunch at both the days we are there.

lostpro9het

Any one have favorite dishes at any of these spots? Just as important, any favorite adult beverages?
Sept. 6th- Via Napoli @6:30pm (First time here)
Can't go wrong with a pie(we prefer the picante) and pitcher of Moretti, this is usually our go-to when we eat there.
Sept. 11th- Teppan Edo @7:40pm (my first time here, Tony have been several times)
No favorites here as it's your typical hibachi but inside a disney park. We always go with a Kirin here.
Sept. 12th- Le Cellier @8:20pm (First time here)
We recently, last week, experienced Le Cel for our third time. Ill say this, Trois Psitoles may be the best beer we've had at Disney and we were fortunate to have it only because their Moosehead keg had just kicked.

BJones82

Californian Grill, I had the scallops when we ate there in the beginning of April and it was absolutely amazing!! My Fiancée had I think cheese ravioli and it was also very good :) The bread is absolutely amazing there you will love it. I cannot speak for adult beverages as we just had a bottle of chardonnay which was really good but more than our entrees lol :/ Sounds like your honeymoon will be amazing!! Looking forward to the trip report :)

Ariel1986

California Grill: Sake Martini and the Monte Ray cocktails are delicious! All the food we had there was amazing-I had the Pork Three Ways which was to die for! My partner had the Bison with the same praise as I gave my food- and the Sushi and Charcuterie Board were equally delicious.

Le Cellier: Try a Blueberry Martini... delicious!

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
I seriously cannot wait to try out some of these suggestions. I mentally pre-order my food, by checking the menus every month haha and all of this really helps narrow down some choices. I cannot wait to eat eat eat and be in our happy place!

We got our wedding pictures back and had to share some of our hints of Disney (the photographer did not take pictures of them all... I do not want to talk about it :mad:)

DH got me a Minnie and Mickey wedding figurine, which you can't really seeing but you can see myself (before getting my hair done, sorry for the scary puff picture!) and my mom checking it out... along with the adorable Ray Bans he got me!
IMG_7446.jpg

Cake topper; we tried to buy it in Disney during our 2014 trip but it was a bit more expensive so I gave up on it. DH got it for me via the internet as a surprise for my birthday last year!
IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

"Dreaming of a Disney vacation" :)
IMG_8497.jpg

At our candy table! That logo was also on the ceremony cards I made for the church.
IMG_8480.jpg

---Honeymoon updates coming soon. I am in the works for planning some sort of surprise for DH while we are there. I cannot decide what yet, but I am researching. Any ideas??

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
We have been back from our Disneymoon since Sept. 13th... I am still pretty deep in the post-disney depression so I have not started our trip report yet. I work from home every Wednesday so fingers crossed it's a slow afternoon tomorrow and I can start sharing our magic with you all! Wishing I could snap my fingers and magically appear on main street. I can't think about it too much... here come the tears!

P.S. We are already planning to go back November 2016 with a group of friends :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom