Hansa Park Germany's new vertical Coaster

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
This is quite a monstrous construct. I'm pretty sure this coaster will do the rounds among enthusiasts. It looks pretty damn epic.. that lift & drop tower is huge. It's over 200ft. high and will feature a vertical lift and vertical drop of probably around 40m (120ft.)

According to members of the construction crew they are planning to finish construction by May. With testing, TÜV permission (technical-functionality department in Germany) and possible final adjustments i'd predict a late summer opening.

The ride will be called "Der Schwur des Kärnan" ("The Oath of Kaernan"/"Kaernan's Oath")

20150410_150523.jpg
20150410_172426.jpg
20150410_145841.jpg
20150410_113308.jpg
20150410_112546.jpg

What do you think? Would you dare to ride it?

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster

According to official statements the ride is built and planned by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH. I'll have to find out whether the steel was delivered by Intamin or Gerstlauer directly. By the looks of the rail layout it seems similar to Intamin's layout but with different connectors and trusses. Not sure. Same rails as used in "Curse of Novgorod" (also built in Hansa Park by Gerstlauer)

StageFrenzy

According to official statements the ride is built and planned by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH. I'll have to find out whether the steel was delivered by Intamin or Gerstlauer directly. By the looks of the rail layout it seems similar to Intamin's layout but with different connectors and trusses. Not sure. Same rails as used in "Curse of Novgorod" (also built in Hansa Park by Gerstlauer)
Thanks looks neat, is it going to launch as well or traditional chain?

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
Thanks looks neat, is it going to launch as well or traditional chain?

I would assume it's gonna use a combination of lift-chain and thrusters. It looks like a "sequel" to the Novgorod coaster design and that has both.
I will try to find out whenever i go there next.

Also i'm gonna find out the height of the tower, i'm curious. It's higher than the Disney ToT buildings, that's for sure.

StageFrenzy

I would assume it's gonna use a combination of lift-chain and thrusters. It looks like a "sequel" to the Novgorod coaster design and that has both.
I will try to find out whenever i go there next.

Also i'm gonna find out the height of the tower, i'm curious. It's higher than the Disney ToT buildings, that's for sure.
Completely subjective but looks about 150-175.(ft I'm imperial) The height of the Wild Maus looks about 25-50 ft but that is all based on single shots!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom