First Time visit Jambo House or Kidani Village

bgraham34

Original Poster
I have never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Which side of the resort is better for first time guest.

Philhar-Fanatic

We stayed Jambo in DVC last March. We loved it! The whole feel of it is just so GRAND! We walked over to Kidani and swam and looked around one day and we were not impressed. Nothing really wrong with it, but it's just not near as grand. From the Lodge to the pool to the Cantina bars, my vote is Jambo hands down. I do hear the rooms at Kidani are really nice though.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I would have to agree that for the first visit, stay at Jambo House. We stayed as DVC members, and fell in love with the resort. We have been to Sanaa in Kidani, and we will stay there someday.

mouse_luv

I'm going against the group here, while Yes Jambo is grand which makes sense because it's the original lodge/hotel that has some DVC in it, Kidani was just built to be DVC, and is still gorgeous and very nice. We stayed at Kidani last Sept (first stay at AKL DVC) and LOVED it. I want to go back so badly and stay there again.

A lot of the determination on where you are going to be placed as far as DVC is related with AKL is what kind of room you are renting (view, etc and if it's through Disney/DVC/DVC rental place). For instance we requested a Sunset Savannah view studio on a high up floor and got Kidani and a great room. Also, keep in mind it is a long walk there to many rooms so if you have anyone with a disability, etc in your party you may want to request close to the lobby.

Have fun!:cat:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My daughter and her BF stayed at Kadani. She said the underground parking at Jambo house was a mess. And they had a wonderful Savannah View room near the pens. So I would vote for Kadani.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Kidani hands down for us! Rooms are a lot nicer and larger, and have an extra full bathroom in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas. 1 bedrooms have 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms have 3 full bathrooms. Also the lobby and little hidden nooks to Relax are more intimate than Jambo. We have an area with a small fireplace and comfy seating that no one ever uses at night and seems private off the lobby. We loved Kidani so much we bought into DVC after staying there a few times and AKV is our home resort. :)

epcotisbest

Kidani hands down for us! Rooms are a lot nicer and larger, and have an extra full bathroom in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas. 1 bedrooms have 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms have 3 full bathrooms. Also the lobby and little hidden nooks to Relax are more intimate than Jambo. We have an area with a small fireplace and comfy seating that no one ever uses at night and seems private off the lobby. We loved Kidani so much we bought into DVC after staying there a few times and AKV is our home resort. :)
Yes, Kidani is amazing. The lobby at Jambo is a stunner, but the rooms with two baths, pool and parking at Kidani, for us makes it the choice of the two.

Philhar-Fanatic

Underground parking? Hugh? We stayed there 9 nights and never parked anywhere except the parking lot right out front. Didn't even know there was an option. I'd say if the underground is problematic, just don't choose to park under there. There we're no problems in the regular parking lot. ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My daughter and her BF stayed at Kadani. She said the underground parking at Jambo house was a mess. And they had a wonderful Savannah View room near the pens. So I would vote for Kadani.
Underground parking at Jambo would be problematic.
Underground parking? Hugh? We stayed there 9 nights and never parked anywhere except the parking lot right out front. Didn't even know there was an option. I'd say if the underground is problematic, just don't choose to park under there. There we're no problems in the regular parking lot. ;)
The "underground" parking lot (actually a garage) is at Kidani. Jambo only has a regular surface lot.

I think @epcotisbest was using the sarcasm font ;)

jeffk410

I've been to AKL ~5 times and have been fortunate enough to stay in both sections. In my opinion, I would aim for Jambo house for your first trip; the lobby is truly immersive and the proximity to Boma and Jiko is clutch. That said, you really can't go wrong - I prefer Kidani's pool and hot tub and Sanaa is a great restaurant in Kidani's lobby.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The "underground" parking lot (actually a garage) is at Kidani. Jambo only has a regular surface lot.

I think @epcotisbest was using the sarcasm font ;)

Man, did she get that wrong then. They stayed at Kidani and she said that Jambo had underground/parking garage (she's not always the best in describing things, lol) and they were glad to park in a surface lot.

dreamfinder

OP,

Are you looking to stay in a hotel room or as a DVC guest? Kidani is DVC units only, so that makes a huge difference. As such, the amenities are tailored to DVC guests using their in room facilities, so less dining options onsite, and a much smaller lobby. Boma is very popular at Jambo House, so it tends to get noisy over there from all the people eating at that location, and the guests who come over to see the animals before/after dinner. Kidani also has a better water play area for the kids. Most buses stop first at Kidani, with the exception of the DTD bus. It really depends on what is important to you.

aw14

We stayed in a Sunset Savanna view in Jambo house this past February. Wonderful hotel, and I highly recommend that view. Always something outside our window

BethG

Between the two, we have chosen to stay at Kidani (4 times). There are two main reasons for us. One is the extra bathroom in the 1 bdrm (also in the 2 bdrm). The other is the buses. They pick up first and drop off first there (except for the DTD bus). I love that.

On the flip side, there is no QS restaurant at Kidani and the lobby is really nice at Jambo. And, although it doesn't bother us, there can be a really, really long walk to your room at Kidani.

HouCuseChickie

I'd go with whichever affords you the best room for the best price. It's so easy to go between the two that if you wind up in Kidani, you can easily get to Jambo and see the grandeur of that building's lobby. Kidani is also still very pretty and makes dining at Sanaa super convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom