Survivor: Worlds Apart

PUSH

I'll start with the reward challenge. Rodney seems to think he's amazing at challenges, but I have yet to see him actually perform great in a challenge. His struggles at the beginning were the difference in that reward.

As for the immunity challenge, NEVER throw a challenge! That's one of the golden rules of Survivor. Momentum can swing, and blindsides are everywhere. It was so obvious Mike threw it at the end.

Now for the vote, I'm indifferent. I agree that Joaquin and Rodney had to be split up, but I think Rodney might have been the better way to go. Sure Joaquin has more smarts than him, but Rodney seems like a loose cannon ready to burn the camp down. I'm just happy Joe and Tyler are still in there - the rest of that tribe I don't care about.

As for the previews for next week, I wonder how a merge will switch things up. Here are how I think alliances will go:

Alliance 1
Mike
Kelly - Kelly will try to realign with Mike after he threw the challenge.
Dan

Alliance 2
Jenn
Hali
Will
Carolyn
Tyler - Carolyn will welcome Tyler in, and I'm sure they'd love another number.
Joe - His old alliance will welcome him back, and he doesn't have a true alliance right now.

Deciding Votes
Rodney - He'll just try to create havoc, and he might be the one to go. However, if he does align, I think he'll go against Mike.
Shirin - She could be tolerated just for another number.
Sierra - Has she forgiven her old tribe, or will she try to jump ship again? My guess is she'll stay put.

No matter how this goes, it should be interesting. Because there were only two votes between the tribe swap and merge, no real alliances have formed, but we don't know if old ones will stand. Because of this it's impossible to predict how people will end up, but we could very well see the game be turned upside down. As for Tyler and Joe, I'm just guessing that they'll end up with old alliance, but it's a toss up really.

Should be an interesting episode next week!

NYwdwfan

I'll start with the reward challenge. Rodney seems to think he's amazing at challenges, but I have yet to see him actually perform great in a challenge. His struggles at the beginning were the difference in that reward.

As for the immunity challenge, NEVER throw a challenge! That's one of the golden rules of Survivor. Momentum can swing, and blindsides are everywhere. It was so obvious Mike threw it at the end.

Now for the vote, I'm indifferent. I agree that Joaquin and Rodney had to be split up, but I think Rodney might have been the better way to go. Sure Joaquin has more smarts than him, but Rodney seems like a loose cannon ready to burn the camp down. I'm just happy Joe and Tyler are still in there - the rest of that tribe I don't care about.

As for the previews for next week, I wonder how a merge will switch things up. Here are how I think alliances will go:

Alliance 1
Mike
Kelly - Kelly will try to realign with Mike after he threw the challenge.
Dan

Alliance 2
Jenn
Hali
Will
Carolyn
Tyler - Carolyn will welcome Tyler in, and I'm sure they'd love another number.
Joe - His old alliance will welcome him back, and he doesn't have a true alliance right now.

Deciding Votes
Rodney - He'll just try to create havoc, and he might be the one to go. However, if he does align, I think he'll go against Mike.
Shirin - She could be tolerated just for another number.
Sierra - Has she forgiven her old tribe, or will she try to jump ship again? My guess is she'll stay put.

No matter how this goes, it should be interesting. Because there were only two votes between the tribe swap and merge, no real alliances have formed, but we don't know if old ones will stand. Because of this it's impossible to predict how people will end up, but we could very well see the game be turned upside down. As for Tyler and Joe, I'm just guessing that they'll end up with old alliance, but it's a toss up really.

Should be an interesting episode next week!

I'm thinking the people you listed as deciding votes go with Alliance 1 - at least I'm hoping it goes that way so it's a bit more interesting. It's not as much fun when people KNOW they are going home.

So did anyone else find it extremely odd that Kelly, a woman who is trained to be observant and meticulous in her profession, couldn't remember the order of 6 items and had to have the win handed to her? I actually started wondering exactly how much time has elapsed since the knock on the noggin and if she may have suffered a concussion that's making her brain function at below her normal level. It was really strange to me how poorly she performed in that challenge. Almost alarming.

Last edited:

PUSH

I turned on CBS early, like I always do so I don't forget, and a preview for the episode was on. So excited! 10 more minutes!!

PUSH

Great episode! Loving this season!

It was kind of interesting how they removed the shelter and everything from the camp after they merged. As for the name, I think Shirin is right (am I actually saying that?). It is kind of a dumb idea. Not because of the dropped A, but just because it's a dumb name for a tribe.

As for the challenge, I always love that one. The super muscular people usually fall out quickly, and the smaller, less muscular people tend to fight for it. Carolyn is one tough player, too.

Now for the big stuff. I'm kind of disappointed Tyler and Carolyn didn't go with the no collars. The blue collars have more numbers than the no collars, and it would have been easier to work within the alliance once they knocked off the majority of the opposing alliance. However, they didn't. What Jenn did with the idol was brilliant. But what Mike told Will was kind of stupid. If I was Will, I wouldn't trust the blue collar alliance now. But he wouldn't be welcomed in the no collars anymore either. Despite the idol being played, it's still in the blue collar + Tyler and Carolyn's favor with the numbers. But it looks like Rodney could be looking to make some more moves. I don't think this season we will see one alliance knock off the other each episode. I think strong alliances aren't possible with these players. There are strong pairs, Tyler/Carolyn, Jenn/Hali, etc, but a full fledged alliance is not possible with the likes of Rodney.

My thoughts for next week, Rodney might open his mouth too much and be voted out. I can see him trying to pull Tyler, Carolyn and Will in to blindside Mike. That would be 4 votes, 4 from the no collars + Shirin, and 3 from the blue collars. However, being smart I think Tyler and Carolyn could possibly flip that on Rodney.

Here are my power rankings for this week, with the top being safest and the bottom being least safe.

1. Dan - He's not a physical or mental threat. In majority alliance.
2. Will - See above. Chosen below Dan because he isn't as solidified in an alliance.
3. Sierra - She's a number, no real threat.
4. Carolyn - Her idol puts her up here, along with being in the majority. Could be a swing again.
5. Tyler - I think he'll end up as a swing again, making it unlikely for him to get votes.
6. Shirin - On the minority alliance, but the potential Rodney switch-up and her not being a threat makes it unlikely for her to leave.
7. Hali - On the minority alliance, and she's part of a power couple. However, she's the less threatening or her and Jenn.
8. Jenn - A threat in challenges and well as strategy. She's on the minority alliance.
9. Joe - See above.
10. Rodney - Talks too much, can't keep one solid alliance, could come back to hurt him.
11. Mike - Has put himself in an obvious position of leadership and power. Calls all the shots, huge threat. However, he doesn't strike me as one difficult to blindside. Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as other players.

NYwdwfan

Great episode! Loving this season!

It was kind of interesting how they removed the shelter and everything from the camp after they merged. As for the name, I think Shirin is right (am I actually saying that?). It is kind of a dumb idea. Not because of the dropped A, but just because it's a dumb name for a tribe.

As for the challenge, I always love that one. The super muscular people usually fall out quickly, and the smaller, less muscular people tend to fight for it. Carolyn is one tough player, too.

Now for the big stuff. I'm kind of disappointed Tyler and Carolyn didn't go with the no collars. The blue collars have more numbers than the no collars, and it would have been easier to work within the alliance once they knocked off the majority of the opposing alliance. However, they didn't. What Jenn did with the idol was brilliant. But what Mike told Will was kind of stupid. If I was Will, I wouldn't trust the blue collar alliance now. But he wouldn't be welcomed in the no collars anymore either. Despite the idol being played, it's still in the blue collar + Tyler and Carolyn's favor with the numbers. But it looks like Rodney could be looking to make some more moves. I don't think this season we will see one alliance knock off the other each episode. I think strong alliances aren't possible with these players. There are strong pairs, Tyler/Carolyn, Jenn/Hali, etc, but a full fledged alliance is not possible with the likes of Rodney.

My thoughts for next week, Rodney might open his mouth too much and be voted out. I can see him trying to pull Tyler, Carolyn and Will in to blindside Mike. That would be 4 votes, 4 from the no collars + Shirin, and 3 from the blue collars. However, being smart I think Tyler and Carolyn could possibly flip that on Rodney.

Here are my power rankings for this week, with the top being safest and the bottom being least safe.

1. Dan - He's not a physical or mental threat. In majority alliance.
2. Will - See above. Chosen below Dan because he isn't as solidified in an alliance.
3. Sierra - She's a number, no real threat.
4. Carolyn - Her idol puts her up here, along with being in the majority. Could be a swing again.
5. Tyler - I think he'll end up as a swing again, making it unlikely for him to get votes.
6. Shirin - On the minority alliance, but the potential Rodney switch-up and her not being a threat makes it unlikely for her to leave.
7. Hali - On the minority alliance, and she's part of a power couple. However, she's the less threatening or her and Jenn.
8. Jenn - A threat in challenges and well as strategy. She's on the minority alliance.
9. Joe - See above.
10. Rodney - Talks too much, can't keep one solid alliance, could come back to hurt him.
11. Mike - Has put himself in an obvious position of leadership and power. Calls all the shots, huge threat. However, he doesn't strike me as one difficult to blindside. Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as other players.

GRAAT episode. Blue alliance should have split the vote - would have made it 4-4-4 - then revote for Hali. Tired - am I getting that right? More thoughts tomorrow.

NYwdwfan

That's why I think I'd either be a really good player or really bad player. No in between. Of course, the survival elements would be my toughest obstacle.

My inability to be nice to people that annoy me would be my downfall. Especially since my tolerance decreases as my base comfort level decreases. Hungry - wet - sleep deprived? I am NOT nice.

PUSH

My inability to be nice to people that annoy me would be my downfall. Especially since my tolerance decreases as my base comfort level decreases. Hungry - wet - sleep deprived? I am NOT nice.
I'm pretty good at holding back my comments. Socially, I think I'm a good player. Strategically, I think I am too. Physically, well... depends on the challenge. Survival conditions... I can pretty much guarantee I couldn't deal with the spiders and crabs everywhere.

Foolish Mortal

Love that Jen was able to save herself. Just wish they would've taken out Rodney. He may be the most annoying mouthy person to ever play. At least he'll never get enough votes if he manages to go that far.

PUSH

I still can not put a finger on this season. You never know what anybody is going to do, and there are so many swing votes who aren't in solid alliances.

Starting with the reward challenge, I'm not sure why Joe chose who he did. And then in the immunity challenge, Dan was once again stupid. Overall, he's just not a smart player. He constantly takes unnecessary shots at people, all females, yet he thinks he knows so much about women. He seems a bit arrogant to me.

I'm also not happy Mike found the idol. He just annoys me.

Now to the vote. I get why Tyler and Sierra stayed with their alliance, but was it truly the smartest move? Mike and Dan are solid. Rodney has done a lot of talking, but he's never actually pulled the trigger against his alliance. If I were Tyler, I would have seen if Carolyn wanted to flip to take out the power alliance. Sierra also has not pulled the trigger on her alliance, despite all her talk. So that's a powerful group of four. But there's still time to take them down. With Hali out, that makes Jenn, Joe, Shirin, Tyler, Carolyn and Will who aren't in the solid four. But who knows what Will is thinking. Together they could band together and take out the power group. But it's hard to blindside someone with even numbers, and we're at the final 10 right now.

Overall it's an okay episode. Some drama, some new wrinkles in the game where people think Joe has the idol, but not much in terms of gameplay.

As for the previews next week, I really hope Jenn doesn't quit. From the clips they showed, it just seems like she's complaining as most people do. But she's one of the most interesting players this season, as well as one of my favorites. If she left, a lot of entertainment would be lost.

And now, I'll do my power rankings again. It will not take Jenn's potential departure into account. And again, the higher they are, the safer they are.

1. Dan - He's not a threat in any way, and he's in the majority.
2. Will - He's playing behind the scenes (if you consider him to actually be playing). Not a threat, goes with the flow, both sides could use him for a number.
3. Sierra - Similar to the ones above. Not a huge threat, in the majority, good for another vote.
4. Carolyn - Playing smart, has an idol, isn't an all-around dominant threat.
5. Mike - Has an idol, in the majority, but he's been a vocal leader in camp, which is why he isn't closer to the top.
6. Tyler - Like Carolyn, playing a pretty smart game. However, he has possibly weakened his position in the alliance by talking to Joe and Shirin.
7. Rodney - On the bottom of his Blue Collar alliance because of his personality and mouth. But he has the numbers on his side.
8. Shirin - She's in the minority, but she's the least threatening of her alliance. But she's annoying enough that she's a real possibility to be voted off.
9. Jenn - In the minority, and she's a strategic threat.
10. Joe - He's the biggest all-around threat in the game. Great at challenges (3 for 3), plus he has the social package to go with it. Along with those things, he's in the minority. If he doesn't win the next immunity, he'll likely be on his way home.

GenerationX

I don't remember why Will flipped last week, but he voted against Hali again this week. The Jenn/Hali/Joe alliance made a mistake with him somewhere.

Dan's a jerk, and Rodney's a bigger jerk. If they aren't booted soon, they'll stay to the end, because everyone will want to stand next to them at the final tribal.

I'm rooting for Jenn and Tyler, who both seem to be able to read people and situations well.

PUSH

I don't remember why Will flipped last week, but he voted against Hali again this week. The Jenn/Hali/Joe alliance made a mistake with him somewhere.

Dan's a jerk, and Rodney's a bigger jerk. If they aren't booted soon, they'll stay to the end, because everyone will want to stand next to them at the final tribal.

I'm rooting for Jenn and Tyler, who both seem to be able to read people and situations well.
I'm rooting for those two, along with Carolyn. I didn't think I was going to like her in the beginning, but I think she's playing an awesome game so far. She kind of reminds me of Natalie from last season. Laying low, but will pull something big out at the right moment.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How idols are there this season and do people know? Found it funny they all go idol crazy after one played... What about everyday before that?

I guess they tell they to stop with the puzzles while Jeff checks them... I'm screaming 'why are you stopping! Go!! '. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom