MDE not letting me connect to Family & Friends?

iYazmo

Original Poster
I've been doing some planning on MDE and I've been trying to connect my accounts with fellow family members. Every time I try to connect my account to theirs, I receive this error:

"Fu-u-u-u-u-u-u-mble! We encountered an issue connecting you to your Family & Friends, so please try again."

I scoured the FAQ on the site and have not found an answer. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue in the past before contacting Disney support.

Thanks in advance!

Rob562

Ah. I've never used that method before. Did they book directly through Disney or through a travel agent? (A travel agent or booking site's confirmation number isn't the same as the Disney confirmation number)
I see there's a way to connect using other information if you don't have their confirmation number (you need info like the name, phone number, resort name, etc).

You might want to just add the lead person manually to your account, then click "connect through a Disney account" and fill in the email address they use for their Disney account.

Once you're connected, you can then connect to other people who might be listed under their account or "mutual friends" who have their own Disney account.

-Rob

iYazmo

Original Poster
Ah. I've never used that method before. Did they book directly through Disney or through a travel agent? (A travel agent or booking site's confirmation number isn't the same as the Disney confirmation number)
I see there's a way to connect using other information if you don't have their confirmation number (you need info like the name, phone number, resort name, etc).

You might want to just add the lead person manually to your account, then click "connect through a Disney account" and fill in the email address they use for their Disney account.

Once you're connected, you can then connect to other people who might be listed under their account or "mutual friends" who have their own Disney account.

-Rob

They booked through Disney but I did not see you could add people manually. Will have to try it that way. Thanks!

Robert Nowicki

I am having the same issue. I added my sister then sent her the request which she accepted. Now I can create Fast Passes for her. But I'm trying to add the other family members and get the Fumble error when I add them through her.

sluna77

Same issue. Workaround is to do it from the APP on your phone instead.

Select My Profile from the list
Then Family & Friends
Add New Guest

So on.

DizneyPryncess

I had issues connecting accounts. I ended up just calling, and the CM worked it out for me pretty quickly. If nothing works for you, give them a call. It sounded like a common problem.

Polyman

Can't even log-in using the same User name and Password I've been using for years. Happened last night and is still out. Also, disney.go.com is malfunctioning. Can't open "Parks & Resorts" tab - Error 503. Sounds like major website problems. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

sluna77

Can't even log-in using the same User name and Password I've been using for years. Happened last night and is still out. Also, disney.go.com is malfunctioning. Can't open "Parks & Resorts" tab - Error 503. Sounds like major website problems. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I have the same issue this morning!!! :-(

DizneyPryncess

Same problem for me today too. I couldn't login using my regular username & password. Thought I was going nuts. I gave it a break and tried again later. It worked, but everything I clicked on gave me the same error.

Pat Furrie

I've been having the same problem over the past several days. Ended up calling Disney support, and they connected to my account as if they were me, and were able to select a person from the suggestions for my Family and Friends list, and worked just fine for them. At that point, the Disney support tech said the problem must be on my end (browser or computer).

After the call, I tried with a different browser (originally had tried with Chrome, so then it was IE). Same error. My wife tried with Chrome on her computer. Same error.

Then my cousin tried on her computer with three different browsers (from her home, on their network), and got the same errors. Then she tried from her computer at her work, same error. Then tried on her Android phone. Same error.

It is pretty clear: Disney has a problem with their system (which apparently doesn't manifest itself from within their own network). If MDE was a gratis service, I'd write it off. But as we have pricey year passes, we sort of expect that this is one of the parts of our admission fee, and would like to get it resolved. I've written to their support with all the additional info, and they replied nicely but very generically, as if I were asking for some feature addition to the site (as opposed to a bug which is affecting usability).

Granted, it is something of a first-world problem...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom