Question about formal nights

rufio

Original Poster
Hi!! So we're getting ready to go on our second Disney Cruise! Our first one was only 3 nights so there wasn't a formal night. This time we're going for 7 though. I'd totally forgotten about this! Does everyone dress up for this night? How fancy does everyone usually get? My husband has a vest and tie, but no jacket. Do we need to go buy one? Is it only one night on a 7 night cruise?

wogwog

Minimum is usually shoes (meaning no flip flops) long trousers and a shirt. You will see everything from that basic to tuxedos and fancy dresses.

I am on vacation and do not feel it necessary to impress. I will upgrade to a tie on formal nights only. The other nights will be cruise casual.

ChuckElias

If you look through the FAQ that's pinned to the top of the forum, there's a section on dining, including dress code. But the short answer to your question is, "no", not everyone dresses up. You will see a wide variety of dress; from fully formal (I always wear my tux) to fully casual (shorts and t-shirt). DCL's dress code is always "suggested" attire, and I've never seen someone removed from the main dining room due to clothing issues. (Palo and Remy are a very different story, however.)

So my suggestion is to dress as fancy as you want. Your husband doesn't need to buy a jacket. But if you really want to go all-out, you can rent formalwear just for your cruise. There's a link on the DCL site.

216bruce

Eight cruises so far and wore a suit once. Usually a tie and a dress shirt and slacks. Packing extra clothes for just dining once to me is silly, but some folks enjoy doing this. Khakis and a decent shirt will do fine with casual shoes. I guarantee you will see at least one guy in a tee and shorts. You are spending enough already, don't incur more expense.

rufio

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!! I do like getting dressed up so I think I might go see if I can find a good deal on a new dress! :p I don't think he'll get a jacket, but we don't mind taking an extra bag for fancy clothes!

Soarin77

I asked DCL the same question last time and they said no flip flops, preferably no shorts, and wear a collared shirt. Your husband will be fine with what you mention. Have a fun time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom