What are you paying for your airfare?

jlthomas81

Southwest prices seem so outrageous to me this year!! Just booked our flights for our May 26th trip this week, and ended up going with Delta. For 4 Roundtrip tickets from STL to MCO it was $1172. Southwest wanted $1600 for the same flight! And they have way worse times available. What happened to Southwest being the go to Airline? Or is it just me flying from St Louis that is the problem?!

stevehousse

I too was struggling waiting for Southwest to come down on price. I ended up going with Frontier since they had a sale start yesterday on flights! For 5 people our airfare and seat selections came to a total of $720!!! Southwest wanted just over $1200!

jlthomas81

I too was struggling waiting for Southwest to come down on price. I ended up going with Frontier since they had a sale start yesterday on flights! For 5 people our airfare and seat selections came to a total of $720!!! Southwest wanted just over $1200!

Frontier does have great prices, however, most daily flights out of STL go to Denver FIRST, then Orlando! I just couldn't fathom doing that....maybe if we were going to DL, not WDW!

Plowboy

Booked our itinerary with Southwest recently for our Oct. trip. SFO to MCO $188.00/10770 pts /ea, MCO to STL $175.00/10419 pts/ea, STL to SFO $172.00/10282 pts/ea. We paid with points and I'm quite pleased with the flight times. Some other flights offered on the same days were double what we paid. It's not like we're flying at 5:00 a.m. or midnight, we're flying mid mornings. What's up with that?

COrunner

Waiting on Southwest for our end of Sept trip. When they released the dates it was nonstop $250 a person and right now it is $298.

The problem with DAY to MCO is you can go cheap for around $200 but your trip is 6-7 hours compared to a 2 hr nonstop. Plus our trip is only 3 days so the longer we can be at WDW the better!

yensid67

I fly Allegiant, it very simple flight no frills! I just checked for October 25-Nov 1 2015 for 2 and it was $466($233 person)

If you have Allegiant near I would check them out, you fly direct from home airport to Sanford...just 1/2 hour from Disney rent a car at Alamo at the airport and whoosh! You're on your way!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
$636.40 round trip, direct flights on Southwest for two people from BWI to MCO (or $159.10 per person per flight) for a March 2015 trip. Of course there were no baggage fees so that added to the savings and since we fly out of BWI (which is a HUGE hub for Southwest), there were PLENTY of flight time options both directions.

ItlngrlBella

Last week I booked MKE-MCO on Southwest for 5 people - 3 adults and 2 seniors and it was $1888.00/round trip for mid-July.

Rockford, IL had amazing deals few seats were left and limited dates.

So if we want to sit together I get online 24 hours before to check in, right? First time on Southwest.

stevehousse

Last week I booked MKE-MCO on Southwest for 5 people - 3 adults and 2 seniors and it was $1888.00/round trip for mid-July.

Rockford, IL had amazing deals few seats were left and limited dates.

So if we want to sit together I get online 24 hours before to check in, right? First time on Southwest.
Southwest prices would not come down. We wanted to fly out of MKE, but it was too pricey. We are flying out of Ohare, 5 people 720 plus 150 for bags. Southwest wanted like 1200.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

For Southwest? Yes. Boarding priority is partially dependent on when you check in and you can start checking in (with a regular "Wanna Get Away Ticket) 24 hours in advance. The earlier you check in, the earlier your boarding access, the greater the chance you sit together.

Disney Ron

We are going to WDW in August out of Providence and are flying down on jetBlue for $100 pp and flying back on SWA for $100 pp so our family of 4 has round trips costing a total of $800. And those are non stop flights so we are pretty happy with the price.

Last edited:

COrunner

Just booked our September flights.
On the way down I found $99 each United with one stop DAY - MCO
Way back $116 each nonstop on Southwest. Free baggage both ways so no complaints there. Trip total $645

Considering the alternative was nonstop both ways on southwest for $904 I'll take the savings!

crosswagon

We were up and ready when Southwest released their flight dates for the rest of the year and we booked our December trip with everyone (9 of us) getting the $110 non stop flight down there and our return flight is $131 non stop. We are located between BHM and BNA but there is a $40 and up difference in the flights out of BNA. There is about 30 minute difference in the drive distance so we are of course going with the cheaper terminal. We really wanted a non stop (1 hour and half flight time) because I can not see us bouncing around when you could drive the 12 hours quicker than some of those layover flights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom