Change is good.... I hope.

UncleMike101

Original Poster
Well.....
DD called today and asked if we could upgrade our reservations for May.
After some number crunching I agreed.
We're now staying at Coronado Springs.
Could someone give me an idea of what to expect?
Room amenities, issues with conventions, Dining options?
We've stayed at CBR and POP the last few years and liked them both for different reasons.

JohnD

I loved CSR. It's small and not as spread out as CBR. Just four bus stops. I stayed in Casitas which put me close to "El Centro" (food court, restaurants, lobby/check-in, gift shop).

It's a short bus ride to AK. I agree that conventioneers are very different from teams which stay at, say, the all stars, where you're dealing with amped up kids. Instead, convention goers are focused on their business meetings. You'll hardly notice them.

rufio

I stayed there way back in 2009 and enjoyed it! The rooms were nice sized and clean with what I guess are basic amenities. No issues with conventions and I loved the pool! The food court was also AMAZING from what I remember! I hear their table service restaurant is great too!

NiarrNDisney

sDining options at Coronado Springs:

__TS__

Maya Grill - D
Las Ventanas - L & D

__CS__

Café Rix - B,L,D,S
Pepper Market - B,L,D,S
Siesta's Pool dining - B,L,D,S

__QS__

Café Rix - B,L,D,S
Pepper Market Coffee Window - S

__Lounges & Bars__

Laguna Bar - L,D,S
Rix Lounge - D,S
Siesta's Pool Bar - B,L,D,S

In room Dining is also available - B,L,D,S

Also Drinks, Snacks, and a small selection of food and personal care items can be purchased at CSR's store Panchito's

Other information can also be found here in @Buzz2001's (member here) Coronado Springs Resort Fan Site and Forum: http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado

Last edited:

BigRedDad

What you are going to encounter is a gorgeous resort with a Southwestern feel. When down at the marketplace, you may see conventioners getting morning coffee, breakfast, and enjoying cocktail hour by the lake. I never experienced any crazy behavior from them at all. The benefit is that they are not going to parks and the buses are usually not crowded. The rooms are exquisite. I usually consider it the Deluxe resort crammed into the Moderate category.

We love Pop Century. We love CSR more. You are not going to be disappointed staying there at all. The Disney theming is a little on the low side. The pool is one of the best on property.

UncleMike101

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for the replies so far.
It looks like CSR has Cuisinart dual pod coffee makers.
Since we're coffeeholics I think we'll check Amazon and see what kind of pods they have.
We're looking forward to staying on a different property this trip and CSR looks like a winner.

NiarrNDisney

Thanks everybody for the replies so far.
It looks like CSR has Cuisinart dual pod coffee makers.
Since we're coffeeholics I think we'll check Amazon and see what kind of pods they have.
We're looking forward to staying on a different property this trip and CSR looks like a winner.

Honestly you're going to love it! Its such a beautiful property and really makes you feel like you are in some exotic location away from your worries and responsibilities! Its kind of a secret hamlet on WDW property and easily one of, if not the best moderate on property. Have fun and be sure to report back about your experience!

amjt660

Premium Member
IMG_5931.JPG
Hello
We stayed at the Coronado back in 08 and 09
This was the view from just outside my door in 08
We stayed in the Cabanas (sp) area.
The walk to the El Centro was longer than the Casitas but we were told at the time that it (Casitas) was were the conventioners stayed.
Do not stay in the area furthest from the El Centro. It is a desert type feel and the theme is not as appealing. (closer to the main pool but longer hike to the main building).
We loved this resort (the views, the pool , the pathways that my wife jogged around, etc.)
The Pepper Market dropped in quality from 08 to 09 so I am not sure how it is now.
You are going to enjoy your stay.

emcclay

It is so beautiful and serene. Because they cater to mostly convention guests, the resort stays quiet. Sadly, Pepper Market looks just like every other Disney food court. But, it is still a great place. Coronado is my favorite place to be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom