Davenport?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
We just booked a 4 bedroom home for July 17-20 in Davenport (West Haven community).

We're not doing any parks this trip - instead, my sister, cousin and I are taking my Dad and Aunt to visit their siblings who are in poor health.

So, wanting to know how this area of West Haven/Davenport is?

Good shopping? Recommendations for grocery shopping, restaurants?

Anything we need to know? It's an hour from our family in Deltona but we needed a house that fit our needs at a good price.

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I just texted my cousin the private messages I recieved on this and yours @Hrudey3032 - she texts back...

"Ask them if there's an Italian deli."

I told her to just stop.
She will survive without it.

NiarrNDisney

We have a time share in the area so if we are not cooking meals with the groceries we purchased from either Super Target (192 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy) or Publix (Sand Mine Rd.) we tend to dine close by.
Here are a couple places we like to dine at off US Hwy 27 and Sand Mine Rd.

- Bamboo Wok (Awesome Chinese Take Out)
- Mia Pizza (Great crispy crust pizzas and large calzones)
- Sunday's Grill (Best Fish & Chips I ever had! other menu items are very authentic as well as the staff amd owners. We find ourselves staying here longer than planned just talking to everyone while having a few beers plus we have run into staff from Epcots U.K Pavilion)

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
^^^ Noted!

Sunday's Grill sounds like a place to hit.

If my cousin is jonesin' for Italian we can hit Mia Pizza.

Thanks!

NiarrNDisney

^^^ Noted!

Sunday's Grill sounds like a place to hit.

If my cousin is jonesin' for Italian we can hit Mia Pizza.

Thanks!

You're very welcome! If you are looking for a little nightlife the Retro Room on 192 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy and Summer Bay Blvd isn't bad. They have a few pool tables typically play 80's and Techno and the crowd isn't bad either (Lots of old Pleasure Island fans frequent here).

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
^^^ H&LL yes we will. Dad is 91 and my Aunt is in her mid 80's. They go to bed super early. The plan is to chill in the pool/hot tub and/or go out somewhere not too far for a few drinks. Bonus: I love EDM so that sounds like my kid of place.

Hrudey3032

Another place to try is Chuy's if you are into Mexican this is over by the Super Target just down street from the Ale House I spoke of. If you go to Ale House the Chicken Nachos are a meal in of themselves! A place I just tried is called Hurricane and it right near the Walmart at Cagan's Crossing on SR 27 just past 192.

Some great places to eat in that whole area, especially along the nearby 192.
Some great family friendly restaurants there, usual stuff, but still great.

If you love great steaks, Manny's Chophouse is little further down the 27, but well worth the drive.
The drink measures are big and the stuff is strong so definitely time for a designated driver!!

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
My Dad is really wanting some good seafood (specifically shellfish) - any suggestions so we can steer him away from "Angels" and other crab leg buffet rip offs?

Hi ItIngrBella
I hate the stuff personally! (Manny's was a clue LOL)
We have it on great authority that the best places are worth driving to for seafood.

The Oceanaire Seafood Room on I-Drive is acclaimed to be very good indeed!

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
We're Italians and shellfish is our crack. I get it though - you either love it ir hate it. :) Thanks for the lead on that place! I will check it out online. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom