What time can I try FP+ reservations 60 days out?

kcbkmb

Original Poster
Given that we are staying on resort we can make FP+ reservations 60 days out. What time should I be able to get online then to start trying. Does it come online right at midnight 60 days out?

Tom

Beta Return
Watch the park hours for the day before your FP window opens. Word on the street is that the FP+ booking window will not open until all parks are closed, including evening EMH.

If they all close before midnight, the system typically lets you book slightly after midnight, unless they're doing system updates.

If, for example, the MK is open until 1am for EMH, it wouldn't be available until after 1am.

kcbkmb

Original Poster
Watch the park hours for the day before your FP window opens. Word on the street is that the FP+ booking window will not open until all parks are closed, including evening EMH.

If they all close before midnight, the system typically lets you book slightly after midnight, unless they're doing system updates.

If, for example, the MK is open until 1am for EMH, it wouldn't be available until after 1am.

Thanks Tom!

CaptainAmerica

Regardless of when you CAN log in, there's zero need to get on right at midnight unless you're going at Christmas or something like that. You'll have no trouble getting what you want at 60 days if you wait until a "normal hour" to log in.

MagicHappens1971

Given that we are staying on resort we can make FP+ reservations 60 days out. What time should I be able to get online then to start trying. Does it come online right at midnight 60 days out?
For me it came online at midnight.
Regardless of when you CAN log in, there's zero need to get on right at midnight unless you're going at Christmas or something like that. You'll have no trouble getting what you want at 60 days if you wait until a "normal hour" to log in.
I don't think thats 100% true even during non-busy(ier) times its hard to get FP+ for SDMT, or to Meet Anna and Elsa.

sjhym333

For me it came online at midnight.

I don't think thats 100% true even during non-busy(ier) times its hard to get FP+ for SDMT, or to Meet Anna and Elsa.

Yes and no. I think if Anna and Elsa is a must you may want to do the midnight thing and grab them but just about everything else on property will be available at a more reasonable hour in the morning. I am an AP holder and I NEVER make FP reservations even 30 days out and most times I grab them the day of or a day before. Except Anna and Elsa (which btw I could have grabbed 2x last week before heading the parks) I have found most days I can grab just about anything else including 7DMT.

Here is the thing about FP's...they are very fluid. When people make FP reservations 60 or 30 days out they are really guestimating about their plans. Then they arrive and things begin to change. They decide to hit EPCOT instead of the MK one day or decide the kids need a pool day or they cancel their trips altogether or it is 88 degrees out and the kids are cranky and they head back to the hotel. They cancel their FP's and they become available to other guests.

That doesn't mean I think you shouldn't plan. Here are the attractions that can be harder then others to get:
Anna and Elsa
Parades and Fireworks in the MK
7DMT
Toy Story Mania at the Studios.

I can usually get anything at EPCOT the day before
I can usually get anything at the AK a day or two before

Lastly I would say if there are things that are must see for you and your group then I would grab those FP's

MagicHappens1971

Yes and no. I think if Anna and Elsa is a must you may want to do the midnight thing and grab them but just about everything else on property will be available at a more reasonable hour in the morning. I am an AP holder and I NEVER make FP reservations even 30 days out and most times I grab them the day of or a day before. Except Anna and Elsa (which btw I could have grabbed 2x last week before heading the parks) I have found most days I can grab just about anything else including 7DMT.

Here is the thing about FP's...they are very fluid. When people make FP reservations 60 or 30 days out they are really guestimating about their plans. Then they arrive and things begin to change. They decide to hit EPCOT instead of the MK one day or decide the kids need a pool day or they cancel their trips altogether or it is 88 degrees out and the kids are cranky and they head back to the hotel. They cancel their FP's and they become available to other guests.

That doesn't mean I think you shouldn't plan. Here are the attractions that can be harder then others to get:
Anna and Elsa
Parades and Fireworks in the MK
7DMT
Toy Story Mania at the Studios.

I can usually get anything at EPCOT the day before
I can usually get anything at the AK a day or two before

Lastly I would say if there are things that are must see for you and your group then I would grab those FP's
I am an AP holder as well, and feel the same about most of what your saying. I just feel that if she wants them she shouldn't take a chance

ratherbeinwdw

It also depends on whether a special event is going on at the time. I was on within a couple of hours of our 60 days out and couldn't get Beauty and the Beast for any day of the Star Wars Weekend. It never occurred to me that would not be available. We've seen it tons of times, but the people going with us have never seen it. It's probably because there's so little to do in DHS and the movie being announced. I do plan to check again as the time comes closer.

kcbkmb

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone. This will be our first time with FP+ so it is rather new to us. Luckily I have 2 boys, so I am hoping I can get away without needing to meet Anna and Elsa!!!

CaptainAmerica

It also depends on whether a special event is going on at the time. I was on within a couple of hours of our 60 days out and couldn't get Beauty and the Beast for any day of the Star Wars Weekend. It never occurred to me that would not be available. We've seen it tons of times, but the people going with us have never seen it. It's probably because there's so little to do in DHS and the movie being announced. I do plan to check again as the time comes closer.
I notice you said "the people going with us," so I assume you were traveling with a large party? Normal FP+ strategy goes out the window with a large party, you're completely right. A party of four(ish) shouldn't have too much trouble but if you're going with 12 or something like that, 60 days becomes much more important.

RatherbeinWDW, During SWW, they are only doing Beauty and the Beast before noon because they are using the theater for Star Wars shows after noon. I think that limits BatB to 3 shows each on Fri, Sat, Sun but that shouldn't affect Mon-Thurs.
Sometimes you don't have to wait until EMH is over. On my night, MK was open until 2 a.m. but I could pick FP at 1:15 a.m. when I tried it.

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

RatherbeinWDW, During SWW, they are only doing Beauty and the Beast before noon because they are using the theater for Star Wars shows after noon. I think that limits BatB to 3 shows each on Fri, Sat, Sun but that shouldn't affect Mon-Thurs.
Sometimes you don't have to wait until EMH is over. On my night, MK was open until 2 a.m. but I could pick FP at 1:15 a.m. when I tried it.
Thanks. Is this the shows they did in the Premier Theater last year, or something different?

007mickey

I agree with Tom. With first hand experience, our 60 day mark was Tuesday this week and at 11:00 pm central Monday night MDE was still "locked" for booking FP's. MK closed at 1:00 am eastern and 12:00 midnight central, all opened up for booking.

@ratherbeinwdw I know I answered this on the other thread, but just to keep this one up to date...
Star Wars Weekends shows USED to be in the Premier Theater but they are moving it this year to the Theater of the Stars on Sunset Boulevard where Beauty and the Beast is. BatB will have 3 morning shows on Star Wars days. I did read one blogger who said he thinks they didn't hand out any BatB fastpasses for Star Wars weekends so maybe everyone will be in the same standby situation if you were trying to see Beauty and the Beast that morning. I am not sure why they moved it but here is a Disney Blog about the locations and info by Shawn Slater, Communications Director for Disney...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-weekends-2015-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
and his earlier blog which mentions the new open air location...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-force-star-wars-weekends-is-getting-closer/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom