Favorite Dining EXPERIENCES?

Mama4L

Original Poster
I'm having the hardest time figuring out our dining this time. What are your favorite dinner spots? Kids will be 11 and 8. We will have Sanaa one night and California Grill but want something on the fun side. Think we are skipping Fantasmic. Should we do Hoop de do? What do you like and why? Epcot favorite spots would be helpful too - for dinner. THANK YOU!

stevehousse

We basically have a tradition we do each trip. These are 2 in our top list that we always have to do!

Breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Followed by a monorail ride into Epcot, and dinner at Garden Grill.

Not sure if you have been to either but, we love Kona for the unique breakfast options. And we love garden grill for the character interaction which is always the best, and the dessert!!!

Happy planning!

zurgandfriend

At that age my DS loved, and still does, the California Grill. The food, the view and watching wishes from the roof of the Contemporary makes for a great experience. My DS didn't like Sci Fi but he didn't get the whole Drive-in thing, I think it was his generation, too far removed from the Drive-in experience. At 11 and12 he really loved restaurant Marrakesh and the belly dancer.

Weather_Lady

My kids (6 and 8) loved the Hoop-de-doo. It's fun for all ages (and that's not just the included-in-the-price beer, wine and/or sangria talking!!). Another favorite was dinner at 'Ohana. In addition to the food, the kids got to parade behind the beautiful singer/ukelele player who entertained during dinner. She gave them all leis and taught them a hula. My daughter still talks about it.

Courtney6682

As far as Epcot suggestions I would say either Biergarten or Teppan Edo...they are interactive and fun for kids...or San Angel in Mexcio...cool atmosphere and a nice boat ride after dinner :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
My all time favorite is BOG for the food atmosphere and service. Not far behind is CP for the same reasons. and yes service myself and my ds have special food needs.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My kids really liked Sci-Fi. They thought sitting in the cars and the movies were a blast. My DD was 12 and my son was 8 at that time.
I'm go happy you had a good experience there. Last trip it was if it could go wrong it did go wrong place to eat for us, let's just say cold food warm beer. On a happy note we wound up with the meal comped and another free meal thrown in to boot. Disney does try and make everything magical!

Otterhead

Prime Time Cafe is a blast (though it very much depends on your server)
Biergarten's an all time fave
Whispering Canyon, especially for breakfast
'Ohana is a must!
Be Our Guest, if you can get in
Boma (big buffet, plenty for kids to eat if they aren't adventurous/curious)

HouCuseChickie

First off...Sanaa and Cali Grill are great experiences :)

I have no experience with Hoop Dee Doo, but if you're looking in Epcot for fun experiences...here are my thoughts...

- Rose & Crown timed with Illuminations - no guarantees about being seated outside, but it's decent food and a nice viewing spot if you can get it timed up well.
- Biergarten- some people love it, some people hate it- but it is fun
- Marrakesh- kids tend to enjoy the belly dancers
- Tepan Edo- While I don't think it's any better than local experiences like this, it's still fun
- Garden Grill- great character meal, best character dinner food we've had, love being able to look into LWTL while dining
- Akershus- I know, not everyone wants or likes a princess meal...but it is kind of fun and the cold bar is a big hit with us

Coral Reef attracts people because of the fish and San Angel has a neat setting, but I can't recommend them because I didn't like the food at either. I know others have had good experiences...but that's just my take on those.

Now if you're considering fun beyond Epcot...you've got silly meals like WCC and 50s, you've got interactive meals like 'Ohana, you've got neat settings like BOG and Sci Fi, you have all of the other character meals, and you've got Narcoosee's which is another option for fireworks while you dine. If you go to DTD, T-Rex and Raglan Road would also be fun options. I didn't note RFC, but mainly because you don't need to go to WDW to try RFC.

Disney4family

Our family faves (my kids are now 10 & 12) -

Bfast - Chef Mickey's (classic), Crystal Palace (beautiful building & Pooh's stuffed french toast)
Lunch - Sci-Fi (campy fun & best milkshakes), Rose & Crown (sit outside by the water)
Dinner - Via Napoli (loud & fun), San Angel Inn (beautiful setting), Liberty Tree (perfect MK location)

We loved the Hoop-Dee-Doo when we went a couple years back! It's fun for everyone and even my sister who doesn't like being silly was playing the washboard and clapping along with everyone! Some of my favorites have been:

Japan Dining: It has a great view of Illuminations if you can get a window seat around 8pm, and it has something for everyone! You can be adventurous and try some sushi or get a filet, we went as a family of 6 including two picky boys who pretty much eat chicken nuggets and mac and cheese and they loved the food and trying to eat with chopsticks.

Sci-Fi Dine-in: Awesome atmosphere, the food is amazing, and the milkshakes?!?! Also your kids will get a kick out of it if you let them sit in one row of the car and the grown-ups in another, it's like they get their own table.

Crystal Palace: (Breakfast only) the time we went for dinner all of us left still hungry and feeling sick, everything there tasted like it was seasoned with whatever they use for Stitch's burp on Great Escape, it was unappetizing. But breakfast is sunny and beautiful and you can't go wrong with Mickey Waffles! Plus, if you book an ADR an hour before the park opens you get pictures on Main Street before everyone floods the park and you're done with breakfast just as the park opens so you don't lose any time!

Primetime: a restaurant where you don't have to yell at the kids to keep their elbows off the table or put away their phones because the server does it for you! It's a very fun place to laugh and be a family with amazing pot roast and the CMs are hilarious!

Kona Cafe: This is more of an adult night favorite for me as my boyfriend and I had a Disney Date at the Polynesian but the food is amazing especially the sushi, they have great drinks and after you can sit on the beach and watch Wishes across the lake. But the kids might not be too interested at far away fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom