PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

betty rose

I really hope that for the sake of the average guest, the WDW TS does not turn into the vlogger, blogger, podcaster & fanbois hangout. Disneyland's has managed to stay pretty tame though I believe Paul from Window to the Magic still does meet ups there on Friday night.
I don't know what all those terms mean, but sounds good to me.:D

chiefs11

I was really excited about this place opening up and looking forward to going there on our next trip. But I have to say, the videos I've seen have tempered that. The 'acting' seems over the top and more then a little annoying, maybe they still have some tweaking to do and some kinks to work out. Just seems like I'd be anxious to get out of there after hearing and seeing the same show repeatedly in a short amount of time. Maybe that is part of their plan? lol.

I dunno, maybe I was expecting more animations and lighting effects, and less bartender yelling and acting? How many special drinks trigger these shows? I think I've seen 4 or 5 different ones in the videos. Perhaps they need more?

Incomudro

I was really excited about this place opening up and looking forward to going there on our next trip. But I have to say, the videos I've seen have tempered that. The 'acting' seems over the top and more then a little annoying, maybe they still have some tweaking to do and some kinks to work out. Just seems like I'd be anxious to get out of there after hearing and seeing the same show repeatedly in a short amount of time. Maybe that is part of their plan? lol.

I dunno, maybe I was expecting more animations and lighting effects, and less bartender yelling and acting? How many special drinks trigger these shows? I think I've seen 4 or 5 different ones in the videos. Perhaps they need more?

It's Disney World, the acting is supposed to be over the top.

EPCOTCenterLover

Sorry, but as much as it looks good and is probably fun, something's wrong. I'll quote myself from this recent post discussing the miserable Walt Disney Studios Paris:

"Although, in the current Disney world where Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is better executed than the most current Walt Disney World attractions, perhaps the Imagineers have hit it out of the park by creating the Bistrot Chez Remy. This popular but pricey and very well themed restaurant, is the French equivalent to Be Our Guest in Florida's Magic Kingdom. As with the Grog Grotto, the Paris stop and Florida's Fantasyland eatery are attractions all their own, luring guests who have now forgotten Disney used to be in the attraction business long before it was in the restaurant one."

gmajew

Premium Member
I wanted to walk into the hotel lobby last week but could not bring myself to it. Save posted pics ofmth DVC and saved me a trip but this was the hotel of my youth so the change here is going to be hard as I remember my mom and dad taking me and me then my kids.

LL2WDW

Sorry, but as much as it looks good and is probably fun, something's wrong. I'll quote myself from this recent post discussing the miserable Walt Disney Studios Paris:

"Although, in the current Disney world where Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is better executed than the most current Walt Disney World attractions, perhaps the Imagineers have hit it out of the park by creating the Bistrot Chez Remy. This popular but pricey and very well themed restaurant, is the French equivalent to Be Our Guest in Florida's Magic Kingdom. As with the Grog Grotto, the Paris stop and Florida's Fantasyland eatery are attractions all their own, luring guests who have now forgotten Disney used to be in the attraction business long before it was in the restaurant one."

It must be so sad to live in your world.

note2001

Their drink list seems a little small. The tiki bars I've frequented usually have tons of drinks in the menu to the point that it's overwhelming (in a good way) - here's a menu from my all-time favorite, The Hala Kahiki, just outside of Chicago - now THAT'S a drink menu!

https://locu.com/places/hala-kahiki-river-grove-us/#menu
Disney learned to dumb down the menus across property some time back. However, I've always found the bartenders to be very knowledgeable, able and willing to mix up just about anything I can think of, including signature drinks from other bars on property (The bartenders work where they are needed, so are exposed to a lot.) If you don't see what you want... ask!

ItlngrlBella

Disney learned to dumb down the menus across property some time back. However, I've always found the bartenders to be very knowledgeable, able and willing to mix up just about anything I can think of, including signature drinks from other bars on property (The bartenders work where they are needed, so are exposed to a lot.) If you don't see what you want... ask!

That's sad that they've "dumbed menu's down" especially since more people are getting into the foodie and (retro) cocktail-crafting scenes.

Thanks for the tip. When I come down in July, I may have to show them how we do tiki Chicago-style. ;)

Bing Bong

So you just jumped through a bunch of hoops to say nothing...?
tumblr_njufggv7LY1rarhivo4_500.gif

Sage of Time

They will at some point.
oooh, this is news. Mind if I ask who told you they'll start selling mugs at some point? I'm glad they'll be switching to the DL policy soon.
Their drink list seems a little small. The tiki bars I've frequented usually have tons of drinks on the menu to the point that it's overwhelming (in a good way) - here's a menu from my all-time favorite, The Hala Kahiki, just outside of Chicago - now THAT'S a drink menu!

https://locu.com/places/hala-kahiki-river-grove-us/#menu
Preach. Mai Kai has a MASSIVE list, but it also has a larger staff. Disney's size, here, might be why they have a small list.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Are the drinks pre-mixed at TS, I've been expecting WDW to deploy THESE for a while,

http://smartbarusa.com/demo

These cost about 25,000 each and make 600 drinks and pours are repeatable to within 1/20'th of an ounce, no more need for an experienced bartender now you can use a minimum wage CM.

ItlngrlBella

Are the drinks pre-mixed at TS, I've been expecting WDW to deploy THESE for a while,

http://smartbarusa.com/demo

These cost about 25,000 each and make 600 drinks and pours are repeatable to within 1/20'th of an ounce, no more need for an experienced bartender now you can use a minimum wage CM.

^^^ Momma like - but not for commercial use (totally takes the fun out of the scene).

I want one for me, at my house. ;)

gmajew

Premium Member
It is common practice for bars to list a few specialty drinks these days that we want you to buy.... Everyone knows how to make the standards and what they are so no reason to take up real estate on the menu with those items.

Guide your guest to the items you want them to buy but then if they want an Strawberry Daquiri when requested just make it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom