Pre-Trip Taking a first timer and celebrating a birthday! April 2015

WHO--Me(Courtney-32) Husband(Kevin-34) My Daughter (Brooklyn-15)
Kevin's Daughter's(Kayla-12-First time and Mia 9- Second time)
Brook and I have been to Disney over 10 times, and she has even visited parks and taken the busses alone when she wanted to get away from us. She's even taken the ME alone to the hotel once when we got bumped off a flight. My husband has been to Disney twice with me, and he totally understands my obsession. Nothing makes me more proud than when he uses the terms '' value, deluxe and moderate''….he's catching on!

WHEN— Leaving Philadelphia around 8am…this flight gets us into our rooms by noon. April 30th- May 7th…Mia turns 9 May 2nd.

WHERE—Haven't decided yet…it is a toss- up between CBR which we have stayed at before or POFQ which we haven't stayed at yet. I'm leaning more towards CBR because of their pools. They seem more kid friendly…but please let me know if I am wrong! We have NEVER done a resort/pool day, and we would like to this time which is why we are interested …usually we never so much as dip a toe in the pools…except for Typhoon Lagoon;) No matter which hotel we chose we will be getting adjoining rooms. This just works better for us.

WHAT—We love the dining plan as we are fat and big eaters, however this time we might consider doing the QS plan just to cut costs. If we go this route, we will still make a few ADR'S for some of our fave table service restaurants…most likely O'hana, Liberty Tree Tavern, and possibly somewhere in the World Showcase. I've decided on Beaches and Cream for Mia's bday dinner because of the kitchen sink.

THE TWIST--Can't believe I forgot this part! So Mia turns 9 on May 2nd...she thinks that's the day we are flying down...We are really leaving the 30th and wll have everything packed and ready to go the night before. When she goes to bed she will think she has school the next day...the plan is for all of us to run in her room right beofre leaving for the airport and say..''I don't feel like going to school/work today....let's leave for Disney right now''! As for the morning of her bday I plan to pack all her presents and have them all set up in the room when she wakes up that day and say something like..''oh wow! looks like tink delivered all your presents down here since we are not home'' Sooooo exciteddddd

Last edited:

officialtom

HIGHLY recommend POFQ or POR over CBR. FQ is quite small, which makes it incredibly quiet, but it's definitely still kid friendly. POR is a larger resort with a lot of kids' activities and some very impressive pools.

Doc Disney

Sounds like it will be so fun, especially with the surprise for Mia! I vote for POFQ as well the water slide is super fun and they have tons of kids activities at the pool and with movie nights plus POR is a quick boat ride away for more kids activities!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Your plans sound wonderful! But FYI if you decide to stay at POFQ you will need to have two rooms, as the maximum occupancy is 4. You can have 5 at CBR now that the new refurbished rooms have a Murphy bed. And you can also have 5 in a room at POR since the Alligator Bayou rooms also have the Murphy bed.

mrdrift

Those plans sound wonderful. Can't wait to hear how she reacts to not going to school and going to Disney. Following along for the surprises.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
57 DAYS TO GOOOOOO!!!

I booked our FP's for the first 3 days...first full day MK as always...Epcot our second day...also as always...and this time we decided to do AK our 3rd day instead of HS..I know I know...I ***hate***AK, but my husband and step daughters have never been to AK...and I think they might like it a little better than HS...espcially since the 8 yr old didn't like ToT and was iffy about RNRC(she was mad that we didn't tell her it went upside down).

Tried for Anna and Elsa meet n greet...no luck yet...big surprise right? lol...at least there's the sing along at HS...also no luck for her bday dinner at Beaches and Cream...gonna keep trying tho...and try to come up with a backup;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
52 DAYS!

Snagged some ADR's....

Sunday May 3rd...6:40pm O'hana...super excited about this...haven't been here in about 10-12 yrs...couldn't get a res a few days ago!

Tuesday May 5th..7pm Liberty Tree...also excited...we have bever been!

Still trying to get Anna and Elsa FP's...no luck again today...and still trying for BOG....my daughter realllyyyyyy wats to eat there.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
37 DAYS TO GOOOOO!!!!!

My husband got some bad news last night about the Mayweather -Pacquaio fight. He called ESPN and they said they will not be showing the fight nor will any other place on property as Disney does not promote fighting. Hmmm...I get it and all but they are REALLY missing out on some huge $$$ making possibilities. We called Miller's Ale house and they said it was still to early to know if they will be showing it yet. If you guys hear anything please let me know!!!!!

mrdrift

Not to long and you will be in the happiest place in the world. This is the time to check and recheck all the plans and adjust if needed. Following along.

EnchantedRose

We loved Liberty Tree Tavern!! We went last year for my oldest bday - he turned 7 while we were there. We had dinner here our first full day - and LOVED IT! I think he ate his weight in Mac and Cheese. Enjoy! Can't wait to read more!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We loved Liberty Tree Tavern!! We went last year for my oldest bday - he turned 7 while we were there. We had dinner here our first full day - and LOVED IT! I think he ate his weight in Mac and Cheese. Enjoy! Can't wait to read more!

YAY!!! Glad to hear it! I'm excited about the theme...we are huge history fans!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Came home to this today!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 34

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom