The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
:hilarious: is right...! Very funny!!! :joyfull: :)

Afterwards, my instructor told me that the only reason I passed was because the driving school had a very high rating. The Registry officers all knew that the driving students from that school would never be sent out for a driving test, if they were not ready.

Plus, they're used to (some) people who get overly nervous because it's a test. Depending upon the officer, there's a sliding scale of how lenient they'll be. Apparently, the people that they really nail on those driving tests are the ones who are taught by their Uncle Vinny, or Auntie Madge. The cops weren't fans of those who don't learn at an actual driving school. (Although, in my case, I'm sure I must have done some damage to the school's stellar reputation that day! :joyfull: :D )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like the Cardinals too but I shouldn't since they are in our division.

? O.k. You've stumped me on this one. o_O Are birds a problem in your area, due to a hotter climate? Do they get caught in chimneys or whatever? We have lots of birds out here, and no problems that I know of. Sometimes, there are geese that take their time crossing a road when cars are trying to get by, but other than geese, no issues with birds at all.

seahawk7

Talk about deja vu. My mother always told me that when you see a Robin, that's the first sign of spring. She also said that when you see the first Robin, you're supposed to make a wish! (I did . . . for many years . . . but, a useless practice, as none of my wishes ever came true! :rolleyes:)
@MinnieM123, I know you love Bubba but my parents found a dead Robin in their pool room and Bubba did it.

seahawk7

? O.k. You've stumped me on this one. o_O Are birds a problem in your area, due to a hotter climate? Do they get caught in chimneys or whatever? We have lots of birds out here, and no problems that I know of. Sometimes, there are geese that take their time crossing a road when cars are trying to get by, but other than geese, no issues with birds at all.
image.php

Seattle-Seahawks-helmet-jpg.jpg

Same division

Figgy1

Premium Member
Afterwards, my instructor told me that the only reason I passed was because the driving school had a very high rating. The Registry officers all knew that the driving students from that school would never be sent out for a driving test, if they were not ready.

Plus, they're used to (some) people who get overly nervous because it's a test. Depending upon the officer, there's a sliding scale of how lenient they'll be. Apparently, the people that they really nail on those driving tests are the ones who are taught by their Uncle Vinny, or Auntie Madge. The cops weren't fans of those who don't learn at an actual driving school. (Although, in my case, I'm sure I must have done some damage to the school's stellar reputation that day! :joyfull: :D )
My ds 12 has already memorized the driver's study book and can't wait to drive:eek:

Goofyernmost

It was so much simpler back in your day, wasn't it? ;)
Which would be ok it we were producing a generation of drivers that were better equipped to deal with driving and being defensive instead of just knowing who has the right of way, but, from personal observations that is not the case.

When I taught my oldest Daughter how to drive, it took literally weeks before she finally came to realize that just because others may have a stop sign, it is no guarantee that they are going to stop. She is now dealing with that same thing with her newly permitted son. (kinda makes me chuckle)

I told her to just say one thing to him, and that is... "You would not believe how many tombstones there are out there that could read, 'BUT... I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY'.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Which would be ok it we were producing a generation of drivers that were better equipped to deal with driving and being defensive instead of just knowing who has the right of way, but, from personal observations that is not the case.

When I taught my oldest Daughter how to drive, it took literally weeks before she finally came to realize that just because others may have a stop sign, it is no guarantee that they are going to stop. She is now dealing with that same thing with her newly permitted son. (kinda makes me chuckle)

I told her to just say one thing to him, and that is... "You would not believe how many tombstones there are out there that could read, 'BUT... I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY'.
Tell me about it. My brother was going down a main road many years ago and some nut blew through a stop sign right into him.

Goofyernmost

I was soooo excited for a sec.
View attachment 88794

Vs. $1800 for Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
Thanks though. I still have some time.
And given that there's no Free Dning (presumably) at that time, we should be able to get 4 or 5 decent ressies.
Back just a few years ago (4 to be exact) I rented a 5 bedroom villa, just one mile from the "Welcome to WDW" sign. It had a hot tub, private pool in a Florida room. I lost count of how many TV's were in the place, a play room with pool tables and other stuff, kitchen and laundry room, formal dining room (didn't use it). It was a free standing villa in a residential type neighborhood. I rented it for one week at the cost of $1100.00. I also rented two cars at around $160.00 each for the week. When it came to dining... what can I say, anything you might desire at a third of the cost found onsite. Just saying. Worship of the mouse is not cheap!
Good luck! If it goes I'll send you some of my extra cold. It's a balmy 23 this morning!:mad::brb::mad::brb:
I have a suggestion. When posting temperatures on this thread please include an "F" or "C" after the temperature listed. Remember we have two types of people that post here. There are those of us that do things correctly and those that are Canadian. ;)

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Football Minnie. ;)

StarWarsGirl

Some of it is just experience. The longer you drive, the more you realize people are rude and don't give a darn about the right of way. And then you learn to be observant and predict when someone is going to do something stupid.

I think the greater problem with my generation and getting into accidents is that they can't seem to put down their devices long enough to drive.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Back just a few years ago (4 to be exact) I rented a 5 bedroom villa, just one mile from the "Welcome to WDW" sign. It had a hot tub, private pool in a Florida room. I lost count of how many TV's were in the place, a play room with pool tables and other stuff, kitchen and laundry room, formal dining room (didn't use it). It was a free standing villa in a residential type neighborhood. I rented it for one week at the cost of $1100.00. I also rented two cars at around $160.00 each for the week. When it came to dining... what can I say, any thing you might desire at a third of the cost found onsite. Just saying. Worship of the mouse is not cheap!

I have a suggestion. When posting temperatures on this thread please include an "F" or "C" after the temperature listed. Remember we have two types of people that post here. There are those of us that do things correctly and those that are Canadian. ;)
No Prob. F here where I am I'm thinking f for failed spring:mad: 2 years ago we rented a condo for $99 a night us dollars 4 bedroom 3 bath

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I agree. In Illinois the drinking age for beer and wine was 19 when I was young but the Feds changed it to 21. My son started out college in Wisconsin and finished in Illinois. In Wisconsin he could drink at 18 with my permission, beer or wine. Honestly I was glad to have a hand in it. It gave me the opportunity to let him be an adult but teach some moderation. Let him experience the effects of it all yet not violating any laws. It was a great teaching tool.

I didn't have that with my DD. She is hypoglycemic. She is of age and can barely put an average drink into her system over hours without it messing with her. My DS took her and friends down to second city in Chicago on her 21st birthday via train and she had her obligatory drink. We took her out to dinner for her 21st birthday and the same obligatory drink. That was fun. As I said before, she at best looks 16 so when she ordered that drink the waiter with us sitting there didn't know how to react. When we as parents just let her order he asked DS, his GF and my DD for IDs. It was entertaining to see the waiters disbelief that she was indeed at the time 21. 2 years later she still looks at best 16 vs 23. When we were in WDW in the spring she ordered a Dads Electric Lemonade at Prime Time, the first drink she actually loved. Her 3rd drink in 2 years. Generally I have my designated driver. My perk as a Mom.
I was in Illinois at that time - they raised it to 21 right after I turned 20, so I could drink for a year, but then not for a year... :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom