The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Hmmm. I change the filter every 3 months. Haha. I do check every month or so to make sure nothing looks out of the ordinary. Its a Lennox and the tubing is whatever they use in new houses these days in texas.
Eeh, filters are not exactly "internal" parts lol.

Anyway the tubing usually is sold (in my country) in 2 versions..
the cheap with crappy aluminium. (retains cold very little and can break way too easily)
and the copper one (way more durable and more efficient)

aluminium usually starts to leak after the first year of installation.

the aluminium ones are loved by mass house builders.. so they can boast they have AC units in every room, even if only half of them work properly due of shoddy quality and installation.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Done.

Do you think once every two months will do? I sometimes don't use my printer for a month.
the less you use it, the more you have to do the cycle.
the stagnant ink is the issue.
if dry ink stays in the head, it will burn and destroy the head's ink nozzles.

If you have a cheap printer from HP, it shouldn't be an issue, as the heads are usually in the ink cartridges..
but most of the other printers have dedicated printheads.
and they can cost at least 50% of the printer cost.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

seahawk7

I maintain it. I drive it; I maintain it. If it needs an oil change, I take it in on my day off. If it needs more oil, I add it. If it needs vacuuming, I do it. I clean it, or I pay for it to be cleaned. So I take care of it as if it were mine. If I need help, obviously he'd come help, but for the most part, the old car had so many issues that I learned to take care of it. He refers to it as my car, as does Mom, even if it's not technically mine. Mom also doesn't care if I'm driving; she sometimes naps while I drive.
I ask my 20 year old run errands for me. My daughter drives a 1977 Chevy Silverado that keeps her high up and safe. She has to pay all maintenance, gas, etc. She is responsible with her vehicle.

seahawk7

As promised!

View attachment 88764

Recipe:

Requirements:
  • 4 big potatoes (standard yellow ones)
  • 2 small tuna cans (water based)
  • 4 spoons of chopped onion(finely)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 spoon of parsley (finely chopped)
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • breadcrumps on taste.
First boil the potatoes in hot water with salt until they're soft, let them steam and dry.
Remove the skins then smash them until no big balls are there.

Then press the tuna until they're dry, this is very important or the "tortitas" will fall apart when frying.

Add the tuna to the potatoes and stir until all mixed up.
add the egg (previously scrambled ), the parsley and the onion.

Put a pan with oil (olive preferred) and preheat it.
Add tiny fists of breadcrumps (to make the paste go together) to the paste and fry them in oil until they are browned.
Serve with green salad (onion, lettuce, lemon, fresh avocado slices and maybe italian dressing)
Yum! This is perfect for this week.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In my house, it's not "your car" unless you bought it, you fully pay the insurance on it, and you 100% pay for gas, oil changes, tires, and maintenance.
Until then, it's MY car, and I am generous enough to let you drive it.

Son #1 had use of our third car (until he crashed it), and still likes to refer to it as HIS car.
I correct him every time saying, "No it was Nana's car, and then it was MINE. It was never YOUR'S".

Son #2 has actually purchased my Dad's old car from my brother. Having no money to fix it yet, and no licence to drive it, it doesn't really count.

When my kids were minors they knew the car was a privilege and respected that to drive the cars they were given, they are now their cars. We maintained them because we wanted them to be safe. We insured them because they could not. They worked, they paid gas and their own entertainment. They went off to college and for the most part that was their full time responsibility but both had jobs year round and their earnings which wasn't much was their fun money.

I am quirky and believe college is a serious business of education that can't be taken away from one ever. I have no regrets for pushing them from babes to that was their destiny, no options. They could be a ski patrol person after if that was their destiny but they'd be an educated ski patrol person. With that in mind I did not cripple their efforts with overloading them with expenses. I paid the insurance, the car maintenance, some of which my DH attended to.

They, in college had use of their cars over vacations and time at home but there was an overwhelming negatives to taking that vehicle away to school that I was unwilling to risk. The cars awaited them upon graduation. My DS pays his own insurance, his new car is in his name and he forks it over. My DD only employed now a few months in her given career, I still pay her insurance as she attempts to build towards independence, as I did for my son. I see her saving for independence and that was my goal to turn out educated, self sufficient young adults into society.

So far my master plan for my kids is working....lets pray it unfolds properly in the future. I pray for that every night.

Gabe1

I wish the legal drinking age were lower.

At least in MD, I can legally have wine...if I ask my mommy first.:rolleyes:

I agree. In Illinois the drinking age for beer and wine was 19 when I was young but the Feds changed it to 21. My son started out college in Wisconsin and finished in Illinois. In Wisconsin he could drink at 18 with my permission, beer or wine. Honestly I was glad to have a hand in it. It gave me the opportunity to let him be an adult but teach some moderation. Let him experience the effects of it all yet not violating any laws. It was a great teaching tool.

I didn't have that with my DD. She is hypoglycemic. She is of age and can barely put an average drink into her system over hours without it messing with her. My DS took her and friends down to second city in Chicago on her 21st birthday via train and she had her obligatory drink. We took her out to dinner for her 21st birthday and the same obligatory drink. That was fun. As I said before, she at best looks 16 so when she ordered that drink the waiter with us sitting there didn't know how to react. When we as parents just let her order he asked DS, his GF and my DD for IDs. It was entertaining to see the waiters disbelief that she was indeed at the time 21. 2 years later she still looks at best 16 vs 23. When we were in WDW in the spring she ordered a Dads Electric Lemonade at Prime Time, the first drink she actually loved. Her 3rd drink in 2 years. Generally I have my designated driver. My perk as a Mom.

Gabe1

Yes, indeed. Some for the better, some for the worse. ;) :)
I used to be able to drive a car, at age 18, with an open beer in my hands, as long as I didn't blow a 0.10 if I was stopped. Thinkin' back on it now, I find it hard to believe it was ever even legal... :confused:
As far as the (IMO) worse, I shall refrain from commenting... :cautious: ;) :)

We did have a fun youthful life now didn't we????

Gabe1

Yea, back in my day ;) (here in Texas, anyway) Drivers Ed was a class you took in HS, you got your learners permit at 15, your provisional (I believe that's what they called it...?) license at 16, your regular license at 18, and the drinkin' age was still 18.
Of those items, the only things that have changed are Drivers Ed not bein' taught in HS anymore, and the drinkin' age is now 21.

I got my license at 16, but, I had to have a job to pay for the rider on my folks insurance policy before they would cut me loose. So, I had a job already lined up at a local go-cart track for the day I turned 16. :)
I actually learned to drive on my grandparents (both mom and pops folks) farms starting at 13.
By the time I got my learners permit, my folks were plenty comfortable letting me drive the whole family around.
I drove that giant ol' camper a lot of the way with just my learners permit on a trip from Texas to NoCal and back in the summer of '78. Even in the mountains. We took a more northern route that summer and I-80 through CO. was a big part of it. :)

There were no provisions on my licence at 16. A licence was a licence. It is not the case any longer. The state a few years ago as my DD just squeaked past by a month even though I really didn't let her loose yet. It was altered by over night hours.

I actually know our sheriff well. I flat out asked him what they were going to do with the new law. Kids could not get behind the wheel until 6am however club swimming which is a very big deal in Hamlet here started at 545 am in the water. He looked at me and said they were not about to mess with kids as disciplined as they were to jump into ice cold water at 545am and he appreciated the 150 kids in our town that were that disciplined to be out of their beds at that hour to train. Gotta love authority that can be rational. :happy:

Eric1955

But but but that knicker and suit pant thing was from my Dads generation also tied to traditions that even we Catholics gave up on generations ago much like women needing to be covered from head to toe and finger tips.

How did you glam onto practices of 60 years prior to your birth?

I don't know. Too many old movies? I've also always liked history and learned about it that way. It just makes perfect sense to me.

Eric1955

My father was the same way when he was in his 20s.

He used to wear corduroys in the summer. He went with a friend to Ocean City, MD one summer, and his friend took him shopping for shorts because he said he wasn't going to Ocean City with someone wearing corduroys in July.

After he married my mother, she too said no more of that in the summer.

Even now, he says he only wears shorts when it's over 80 degrees.:rolleyes:

I don't even wear shorts over 80 degrees (which seems like all the time down here). I also don't like the beach or swimming so I don't have to wear shorts for that either. I will wear swim shorts to get in a hot tub though.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just had a scare. We are finally hitting hot temperatures and my AC stopped working just now. Started pushing 80 in here. Luckily I flipped the breaker off and back on and that seems to have done the trick. Not exactly happy though considering the system is not even two years old.
Good luck! If it goes I'll send you some of my extra cold. It's a balmy 23 this morning!:mad::brb::mad::brb:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have to be on the look out for some Robins, that will tell me for sure that spring has arrived. My mom loved her birds and I remember how happy it made her to see the first robin. She loved the cardinals too.

Talk about deja vu. My mother always told me that when you see a Robin, that's the first sign of spring. She also said that when you see the first Robin, you're supposed to make a wish! (I did . . . for many years . . . but, a useless practice, as none of my wishes ever came true! :rolleyes:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom