NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

NYwdwfan

Just saw a Nick Mangold coming off the Mine Train. No idea how he fit!! I yelled to him but he didn't turn around. He was with his kid.

PUSH

Original Poster
With the draft a month from yesterday, I decided to make some pre-draft predictions for the upcoming season.

NFC North
Bears (5-11)
Lions (8-8)
Packers (12-4)
Vikings (9-7)

NFC East
Cowboys (9-7)
Giants (7-9)
Eagles (9-7)
Redskins (3-13)

NFC West
Cardinals (11-5)
49ers (6-10)
Seahawks (12-4)
Rams (9-7)

NFC South
Falcons (6-10)
Panthers (6-10)
Saints (8-8)
Buccaneers (5-11)

AFC North
Ravens (9-7)
Bengals (8-8)
Browns (6-10)
Steelers (12-4)

AFC East
Bills (10-6)
Dolphins (8-8)
Patriots (11-5)
Jets (7-9)

AFC West
Broncos (9-7)
Chiefs (7-9)
Raiders (5-11)
Chargers (9-7)

AFC South
Texans (6-10)
Colts (11-5)
Jaguars (4-12)
Titans (2-14)

That would make the playoff seeds like this:

NFC
1. Packers
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Rams/Vikings/Cowboys (depending on tiebreakers)

AFC
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Bills
6. Ravens/Broncos (depending on tiebreakers)

For the sixth seeds, I'd be inclined to choose the Ravens for the AFC over the Broncos, because I don't trust Peyton Manning anymore. For the NFC I think it's open between the three. The Cowboys lost Murray who was a huge part of their offense, and the Rams and Vikings both have the talent to be legitimate contenders, but simply don't have a huge sample size to look at with all the recent changes.

I think the Packers and Seahawks will once again be the teams to beat in the NFC, with the Packers beating the Seahawks during the regular season to get the tiebreaker for the #1 seed. The Eagles are a huge question mark, but they have enough talent to get at least 9 wins. The Saints are another question mark, but I think they're the most talented out of the NFC South. And then the Cardinals have a lot of talent to pair with Carson Palmer if he can stay healthy.

I think the Steelers were the best team in the AFC along with the Patriots last season before the Bell injury. Belichick will find a way to win with the losses on that defense. The Colts could be better than 11-5, but I'm not sure about all these veteran signings. Are the washed up? More often than not the answer is yes. The Chargers are another team who are consistently average, but I think they'll edge out the Broncos. And then the Bills have talent, but can they win with Manuel or Cassel or whoever else comes in?

PUSH

Original Poster
Yeah, I was wondering what all that buildup was for. He could have just announced it hours ago if it was real.
I caught on when he started posting "30 minutes...." on Facebook. Wasn't very creative, but whatever. The video was him in Disneyland I believe.

Lucky

With the draft a month from yesterday, I decided to make some pre-draft predictions for the upcoming season.

NFC North
Bears (5-11)
Lions (8-8)
Packers (12-4)
Vikings (9-7)

NFC East
Cowboys (9-7)
Giants (7-9)
Eagles (9-7)
Redskins (3-13)

NFC West
Cardinals (11-5)
49ers (6-10)
Seahawks (12-4)
Rams (9-7)

NFC South
Falcons (6-10)
Panthers (6-10)
Saints (8-8)
Buccaneers (5-11)

AFC North
Ravens (9-7)
Bengals (8-8)
Browns (6-10)
Steelers (12-4)

AFC East
Bills (10-6)
Dolphins (8-8)
Patriots (11-5)
Jets (7-9)

AFC West
Broncos (9-7)
Chiefs (7-9)
Raiders (5-11)
Chargers (9-7)

AFC South
Texans (6-10)
Colts (11-5)
Jaguars (4-12)
Titans (2-14)

That would make the playoff seeds like this:

NFC
1. Packers
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Rams/Vikings/Cowboys (depending on tiebreakers)

AFC
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Bills
6. Ravens/Broncos (depending on tiebreakers)

For the sixth seeds, I'd be inclined to choose the Ravens for the AFC over the Broncos, because I don't trust Peyton Manning anymore. For the NFC I think it's open between the three. The Cowboys lost Murray who was a huge part of their offense, and the Rams and Vikings both have the talent to be legitimate contenders, but simply don't have a huge sample size to look at with all the recent changes.
Those projections add up to 249-263, not to 256-256. But maybe teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville will both find a way to lose when they play each other.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
Those projections add up to 249-263, not to 256-256. But maybe teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville will both find a way to lose when they play each other.
I didn't go by realistic, just off the top of my head kind of stuff. It came out closer than I expected though! I felt like I did a lot of 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom